What's new

US Warns China on SCS Moves

ManilaBoy45

Reaction score
Country
United States
Telstra BigPond News and Weather

The Obama administration has warned China against further moves to tighten control over a disputed section of the South China Sea, as tensions rose in the flashpoint region.

In a statement, the US State Department cautioned China about its addition of a military garrison and civilian officials near the contested Scarborough Reef and its use of barriers to deny access to foreign ships.

These moves 'run counter to collaborative diplomatic efforts to resolve differences and risk further escalating tensions in the region', said the statement, issued early on Friday morning and attributed to Patrick Ventrell, the acting deputy spokesman.

Six countries have complex competing claims to the region's water and islands, which are rich in fish, oil and gas and other resources.

Flame war is gonna happen! But honestly Vietnam is gonna be tough just ask the US veterans form the Vietnam war.

Caution? Words with little meaning.

Caution =/= warn. I hate journalists that try to sensationalize things.

U.S. rhetoric against Russia on Georgia was pretty harsh. Nothing happened there.

U.S. comments on the South China Sea are pretty tepid in comparison. Nothing happening here either.

The "international law" you speak of is the system established by the western imperialist. Why should China be constrained by their laws?

Because its needed to getting along with the other nations. Otherwise, China only by itself and for sure that is not the way that China wants it. If not the ways China wants it, then its must follow and regardless its like or dislike.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Vietnam and the Philippines.

581969_507427315940321_919747414_n.jpg

If only they have more significance in the world stage..

Caution? Words with little meaning.

Caution =/= warn. I hate journalists that try to sensationalize things.

U.S. rhetoric against Russia on Georgia was pretty harsh. Nothing happened there.

U.S. comments on the South China Sea are pretty tepid in comparison. Nothing happening here either.

Wonder why Chinese come with US falgs and then bash US.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Vietnam and the Philippines.

581969_507427315940321_919747414_n.jpg

If only they have more significance in the world stage..

Vietnam will be back in China's sphere of influence in due time, they just need a regime change. But I feel sorry for Philippines, not only are they insignificant and weak but also very aggressive, only country to ever send a warship to confront fishing boats...this type of behavior will give its much stronger adversary the perfect excuse to..

Vietnam will be back in China's sphere of influence in due time, they just need a regime change. But I feel sorry for Philippines, not only are they insignificant and weak but also very aggressive, only country to ever send a warship to confront fishing boats...this type of behavior will give its much stronger adversary the perfect excuse to..

If there is a regime change, definitely it will be pro-US regime. This regime is the most pro-China ever you can achieve. Look at pro-US movement in Vietnam, from both citizens, merchants and politicians. And another nearby pro-US country is not good for China.
Philippines have their rights to defend her motherland. So as to Vietnam.

China is revealing the image of a robber.

Unfortunately for it, it will fall before becoming a "superpower"...

On the contrary, every indicator points to China rising and getting stronger by the day.

Đảo Bạch Long Vỹ;3265084 said:
If there is a regime change, definitely it will be pro-US regime. This regime is the most pro-China ever you can achieve. Look at pro-US movement in Vietnam, from both citizens, merchants and politicians. And another nearby pro-US country is not good for China.
Philippines have their rights to defend her motherland. So as to Vietnam.

It's ok, Vietnam will ride with China to global stardom.

On the contrary, every indicator points to China rising and getting stronger by the day.

It's ok, Vietnam will ride with China to global stardom.

Every time there is internal pressure of the country, CCP seeks to "export" the public's attention abroad.
SCS is a very good place for it to do so.
Right, Bo Xilai's son?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom