What's new

US troops may stay in Afghanistan until 2024

Regular Army forces will most likely be withdrawn but special personnel will remain in AFG for assistance and training to the Afghans. Which means the war expenditure will sharply decrease.

Do you know they put until 2024?

Because the breakup of the US like the Soviet Union is 1 year later.

Just like the Soviet military presence ended in 1989, and the USSR broke up early 1991.

USA, 1776-2025!

USA, 1776-2025!

That'd actually work wonders for India and Afghanistan, you know.

Looking at the damage the WoT has caused to Pakistan since 2001, I doubt Pakistan will survive if the war were to stretch that long.

Besides, any news of the US not leaving will reactivate the taliban elements inside Pakistan which are lying silent awaiting the US' departure.

If the US doesn't depart, those sleeper cells in Pakistan will reactivate themselves further harming Pakistan and further ruining its chances of not collapsing.

...in the end, the equation works great for India and Afghanistan.

Usa is asking for more than 5 permanent bases in Afghanistan, its going to be her international death, if she leaves.

Do you know they put until 2024?

Because the breakup of the US like the Soviet Union is 1 year later.

Just like the Soviet military presence ended in 1989, and the USSR broke up early 1991.

USA, 1776-2025!

Don't compare us to China and Taiwan.

Is this some alternative to the one-child policy in the USA? I bet if they stay to 2024 at least 20,000 Americans would die.

That's good, they are staying for some more years but the number of 25,000 troops are too much.. I would prefer only 1000-2000 men on the ground for military training purposes nothing more than that.

Logically there is no need of 25,000 troops.. beyond 2014 Afghan forces will be 400,000 strong.. it's enough for us to provide our own security if they become well trained and equipped.

Lolz.... Pity on Americans for wasting so much lives and money... may the occupiers get out and die soon

How do they give future 'evidence' of a likely event based on inferences from past events, pray tell?

Emphasis on the word 'evidence'.

Get back to me after your little vacation but what I meant was the major projects have been cancelled and here you are giving these insignificant events as evidence of Indian strategic footprint in Afghanistan?

1) A possible iron ore bid by India as strategic move when there are dozens of companies from various countries with mining operation already much larger than the proposed project

2) Doesn't rule out India training Afghan forces =/= likely. I'd lay odds on it. Besides Canada is training Afghan forces, is Canada an important player in Afghanistan?

India reality, oil water.

Well by 2014, Afghan Army will take over the main security of Afghanistan overall. So their will be no direct combat between NATO forces and other Taliban insurgents and rebels.

This should also be a time for those honest among the Taliban to give up arms and make peace with the govt. as there would be no justification of using the occupation excuse either.

The trainers will not only be from the US and UK, but also from other EU countries including Turkey and UAE as well.

Back
Top Bottom