What's new

US to rely on India if Afghan supply route is not opened: official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you have curfews operating with sectarian strife in Punjab how can you lease land that is being disputed. If Pakistan decides to deny US planes they can.

Since when did Punjab/Rajasthan become disputed territory? :rofl:

There is a solution for it. USA will lease Indain land near Pakistan border (Rajshan/Punjab). They will make their embassy and airfield there. As we all know the embassy are considered home land (US embassy in Paksiatan is considered as American land and Amrican law is applied there same for Pakistani embassy).

If the plane take-off from American embassy, it will be considered as take off from American soil and hence Pakistan will have no ground for denying the flight. :)

You agree that PAkistan can not deny USA planes.. :azn:

Looks your are interested more than Americans themselves.. Lol, is it really an honour to serve goras?

You agree that PAkistan can not deny USA planes..

Not sure about American but Indian will certainly not allowed..

Do you even have a clue about Iran??

Wait till the end of June when you'll be forced to cut oil imports from Iran. Your government is already in talk with the Saudis and Americans to replace 500.000 bpd of Iranian oil.

I have some klnowledge bout diplomacy, but I will be happy, if you teach me more. Please tell me the clue "you" have.. :azn:

our need, we will keep looking for oil. Till date we are importing oil from Iran. The issue is coming coz, we are unable to find mode of payment. If Iran-russia agree to trade in rouble, India can pay iran via russia. (This option is also open. )

Looks your are interested more than Americans themselves.. Lol, is it really an honour to serve goras?

Not sure about American but Indian will certainly not allowed..

The "bold" part is really harsh. I hope you know what you are saying. Your statement can bring shame for Pakistani authority.

I know Indian planes will not be allowed. Is the topic is about Indian cargo planes??? If not then why are you raising this point??? Just for sake of argument??? The entire thread is about American supply via alternative route "through India" if Pakistan will not allow. Please don't bring anything which I have not said.

Please don't put your frustartion and words in my mouth.. :)

Ask the Sikhs about Punjab. Some were under curfew yesterday??

See, how one offtopic post can drive the thread from constructive to distructive, I will request/beg you that please go through the post and then try to reply.

1 Quality post is equal to 100 stupid post. You see the posts of "Oscar", Gambit, Somnath, IK and others. Read my reply in post#60.

Regs
Brother.

I have some klnowledge bout diplomacy, but I will be happy, if you teach me more. Please tell me the clue "you" have.. :azn:

our need, we will keep looking for oil. Till date we are importing oil from Iran. The issue is coming coz, we are unable to find mode of payment. If Iran-russia agree to trade in rouble, India can pay iran via russia. (This option is also open. )

Where was India in the Ankara Summit? Oh ya, NOT INVITED!
Did you miss te writing on the wall? :azn:

Iran certainly wants trade with you but that's all there is; When it comes to Afghanistan it's a matter of mutual interests with direct neighbors and Pakistan is friendly to both Iran and the powerful Taliban who have popular support of Afghan people. Roles have already been decided and you have none to play.

Iran certainly wants trade with you but that's all there is; When it comes to Afghanistan it's a matter of mutual interests with direct neighbors and Pakistan is friendly to both Iran and the powerful Taliban who have popular support of Afghan people. Roles have already been decided and you're none to play.

वक्त आने दे बता देंगे तुझे ऐ आसमाँ,
हम अभी से क्या बतायें क्या हमारे दिल में है ।

کھینج کر لائی ہے سب کو قتل ہونے کی امید
عاشقوں کا آج جمگھٹ کوچئہ قاتل میں ہے

Waqt aane de bataa denge tujhe aye aasamaan
Hum abhii se kyaa bataayen kyaa hamaare dil mein hai

Wait for 2-3 years, things will go India way.. :)

Already 7 pages on a unrealisitic proposition.

The realistic approach would be to USA to leave while leaving India in control of Afhganistan. 5-10 billion US dollar of aid from India along with permanent Indian military presence (50,000) should solve the problem in greater extent. Besides neither Indian nor Afhgans consume as much as western soldiers. So the necessity of supplies will come down to minimal and Tajik road would be more feasible.

^^ I agree but the in the current political scenario, it is quite unlikely that India will want to play US's proxy...we don't want to share the mistrust and the antagonism earned by the americans

As we understand cricket, let me tell you in cricketing logic. In Asia cup
Bangladesh beat India
India beat Pakistan
It doesn't means that BD will beat Pakistan..

Democracy is similar to this logic.
USA and Israel ally, USA and Pakistan ally doesn't mean that Israel and Pakstan are ally. Similarly
USA and India frnd, USA and Iran enemy doesn't mean that India and Iran enemy..

Diplomacy is dealt with mutual need.

Geopolitics does not work like transitive closure. I am not sure what point you are making, but nobody appreciates when you help their mortal enemy specifically in the context of that conflict.

Iran doesn't care if India has economic relations or joint military drills with the US, but actively supplying military equipment which has a very real chance of being used against Iran is a different matter altogether.

Geopolitics does not work like transitive closure. I am not sure what point you are making, but nobody appreciates when you help their mortal enemy specifically in the context of that conflict.

Iran doesn't care if India has economic relations or joint military drills with the US, but actively supplying military equipment which has a very real chance of being used against Iran is a different matter altogether.
Why the hell would we want to use military force against the Iranians , especially when we are working so closely with them on the oil issue???:blink:

The realistic approach would be to USA to leave while leaving India in control of Afhganistan. 5-10 billion US dollar of aid from India along with permanent Indian military presence (50,000) should solve the problem in greater extent. Besides neither Indian nor Afhgans consume as much as western soldiers. So the necessity of supplies will come down to minimal and Tajik road would be more feasible.

India cant control a-stan.India dont have enough budget or military to send in a-stan.
so our role would be secret one;) and U.S is going to put there 4-5 bases with 4k-5k soldiers each.
Most of the afgan army will be under direction of U.S generals and U.S military will reduce role in fighting at ground;).

Russia have interst in keeping U.S here coz they dont want talibs there in rule as they have bad taste with them.
U.S presence there ensures mineral exploration there.

and those pakistanis who say 80% a-stan is under taliban are fooling their self.There are many pashtuns who hate pakistan even living inside their territory.Since i have got to know through aghans;) and i talked with them..
so every pashtun is not in favour of paksitan either inside paksitan or outside;).

pakistan can only enjoy till U.S is enjoying their route..once settlement with other players are done then see what happens;).

Iran certainly wants trade with you but that's all there is; When it comes to Afghanistan it's a matter of mutual interests with direct neighbors and Pakistan is friendly to both Iran and the powerful Taliban who have popular support of Afghan people. Roles have already been decided and you have none to play.

Indians did go to Ankara eventually. But America proposal was received negative response from Russia China Pakistan Iran etc India was strangely silent on the issue

वक्त आने दे बता देंगे तुझे ऐ आसमाँ,
हम अभी से क्या बतायें क्या हमारे दिल में है ।

کھینج کر لائی ہے سب کو قتل ہونے کی امید
عاشقوں کا آج جمگھٹ کوچئہ قاتل میں ہے

Waqt aane de bataa denge tujhe aye aasamaan
Hum abhii se kyaa bataayen kyaa hamaare dil mein hai

Wait for 2-3 years, things will go India way.. :)

On what basis cos you say so?

You think it is realistic to think that Indians can sort out Taliban and Afghanistan when America couldn't lol, Americans are leaving they want a face saving exercise and want their corporations "assist" in pipelines hence the Indian proxy. As I said this idea was first mooted in Washington in 2004 and dismissed as a bad idea by the Americans

India cant control a-stan.India dont have enough budget or military to send in a-stan.
so our role would be secret one;) and U.S is going to put there 4-5 bases with 4k-5k soldiers each.
Most of the afgan army will be under direction of U.S generals and U.S military will reduce role in fighting at ground;).

Russia have interst in keeping U.S here coz they dont want talibs there in rule as they have bad taste with them.
U.S presence there ensures mineral exploration there.

and those pakistanis who say 80% a-stan is under taliban are fooling their self.There are many pashtuns who hate pakistan even living inside their territory.Since i have got to know through aghans;) and i talked with them..
so every pashtun is not in favour of paksitan either inside paksitan or outside;).

pakistan can only enjoy till U.S is enjoying their route..once settlement with other players are done then see what happens;).

Ignorance is bliss eh lol

Maybe US senate will release another another military aid, and Pakistani government will be more than willing to cooperate with US. A small pat in the head, and they're good to go. :D

Sorry, views of common man doesn't count in Pakistan or any other South Asian countries.

Troll Given and take is called business not aid.if they uses our roads etc..

Pakistan isn't much better in that aspect...
The only reason the number of Pakistani migrants is not as high is that an average pakistani doesn't even have enough money to arrange for a ticket....
I am truly sorry if I hurt the sentiments of any other pakistani member at PDF, this post was purely aimed at the comment by Aryan B

on the topic, it is pretty stupid of the Americans to rely on India for supplies to Afghanistan....

Look who is Talking lol :woot: Should i say something about Less then a $ ?

There is a possibility. Currently the supply is shippment is going like this
Karachi (Ship)----> Afghanistan (Road almost 1000 miles)

In change scenario
Gujrat (ship) -------> 300-400 miles in rajsthan (road/railroad) -----> Afghanistan (300-400 miles airlift).

issues
a) cost escalation: it can be dealt with decreasing the size of presence in Afghanistan.
b) Use of Air-route over Pakistan: Paksitan has never denied it, even in worst relation there drones were operational.

benefits
a) USA will not be dependent on Pakistan.
b) Pakistani govt will bail-out. Today Fundamentalists are targeting Pakistan coz Pakistan help USA. Once Indian route will be chosen Pakistani govt can save there A$$.
c) USA can access better road-railroad facility in India, so there goods will be delivered on time.
d) USA containers will not be targeted/torched by Fundamentalist.

:rofl::rofl:

And for the topic US OF A should hire this little sweet heart for knowing the Map of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iran certainly wants trade with you but that's all there is; When it comes to Afghanistan it's a matter of mutual interests with direct neighbors and Pakistan is friendly to both Iran and the powerful Taliban who have popular support of Afghan people.
Your points are factually incorrect
1.It is not in irans interest to have taliban in power in afghanistan.During taliban reign shia massacres was a regular thing.Even now shias are considered infidels by afghan taliban and their pakistani pashtun cousins(ttp)and regularly targetted by both
2.Talibs does not have popular support in afghanistan.Who in their right mind wants to be ruled by 7th century barbarians with no scope for modern education,industry and infrastructure?
3.Pakistan does not have good relation with taliban.Its leaders musharaff and later zardari have sided with americans in fight against taliban.
Roles have already been decided and you have none to play.

Let the afghans decide what is good for them,not some pakistanis or indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom