What's new

US to handover a Naval ship ‘BNS Somudro Joy’ to Bangladesh

Do you have an example how a Hamilton class installed with harpoon?
As I know, the two which Philipine received are not installed with harpoon and the original one does not have SSM installed, too

800px-USCGC_Mellon_WHEC-717.jpg

You think US will let phllipine have harpoon? Just saying that there is infact space to fit in c-802 in the ship

@aliaselin
Mellon was the first and only USCG cutter to be fitted with the Harpoon missile, test firings were also conducted in January 1990. She also received an anti-submarine warfare suite including the AN/SQS-26 sonar and Mark 46 torpedoes. The ASW suite and Harpoon capability were removed due to fiscal constraints, but served as a proof of capability for all USCG cutters.

Last edited by a moderator:
how abt some chinese weaponry on this ship
el-yingji-82-c-802.jpg
chinese ashm c-802
Type+052C+%2528Luyang-II+Class%2529+Missile+Destroyer+are+also+equipped+with+two+seven+barrel+Type+730+close-in+weapon+systems+%2528CIWS%2529+which+has+a+firing+rate+of+4%252C600%257E5%252C800+roundsminute+at+a+maximum+firing+range+of+3%252C0+%252810%2529.jpg
chinese ciws Type 730
HHQ-9+is+equipped+in+the+PLAN+Type+052C+Lanzhou+class+destroyer+in+VLS+launch+tubes+%25284%2529.jpg
Chinese sam HHQ-9

@aliaselin
Mellon was the first and only USCG cutter to be fitted with the Harpoon missile, test firings were also conducted in January 1990. She also received an anti-submarine warfare suite including the AN/SQS-26 sonar and Mark 46 torpedoes. The ASW suite and Harpoon capability were removed due to fiscal constraints, but served as a proof of capability for all USCG cutters.

OK,this photo is coincidence with my thoughts. So the only remaining question if Harpoon or C802A will be installed. Hope to see the photo when the ship arrives at BD.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,this photo is coincidence with my thoughts. So the only remaining question if Harpoon or C802A will be installed. Hope to see the photo when the ship arrives at BD.

HHQ-9 will be not fitted , FM-90N or FL-3000N will be fitted as point of defense.

Harpoon, no. US won't give it to us. Chinese SSM probably but that is good enough for our needs. The ship will soon go through heavy refitting of Armaments and avionics. I'd say atleast 6 more months, and max 1 year till it joins the navy.

Harpoon, no. US won't give it to us. Chinese SSM probably but that is good enough for our needs. The ship will soon go through heavy refitting of Armaments and avionics. I'd say atleast 6 more months, and max 1 year till it joins the navy.

agree, that ship will be commissioned after refitting in October month in this year according to plan.

i personally think this vessel should be converted into a patrol and disaster management ship rather than a warship for deterrence purposes. (again my thoughts only)

i personally think this vessel should be converted into a patrol and disaster management ship rather than a warship for deterrence purposes. (again my thoughts only)

This ship could easily be our strongest, given its range and size. why waste it on disaster management.

This ship could easily be our strongest, given its range and size. why waste it on disaster management.

its not a waste! as we have seen in recent years floods caused by freak weather are becoming more common in the bay of Bengal, a war ship is for deterrence only and maybe SOME disaster management but a patrol vessel with a few weapons and a lot of space could be very useful in these situations.
It makes more sense to me but then again its up to the Bangladeshi government.

Back
Top Bottom