initiative with India, which the US believes is
making some good progress and will, hopefully,
lead to even a greater pace of additional defence
trade with India. Last year, Shapiro had led the US delegation for
the first ever political-military dialogue with India
in six years. “It was significant because we were able to help
our Indian counterparts work through the
challenges of inter agency cooperation on
national security issues,” said Shapiro. “Indian officials’ have remarked that this
dialogue is especially helpful in helping
coordinate between the various interagency
partners in India,” he added. Responding to question on news reports that
India might reopen its multi-billion dollar fighter
jet deal, he said the American companies would
have to consider if they want to participate in it. “I wouldn’t say we were kicked out (of the
fighter jet deal). I would say there was a
selection process where they made a
determination to down select to the two and
eventually to select the Rafale,” he said. “I have been reading in the Indian press various
rumors about that transaction. We have no
official communication from the Indian
government and obviously if there was a
reopening, US companies would have to consider
whether they want to participate,” Shapiro added.

wow America is so desperate to have proxy presence in our region :P it is another agenda of USA to make this region not be become ally to each other, made them to think they are enemy to each other.

Why the f*** should India buy F 35s which will come with trillions of strings attached when we have the FGFA?

i think they will ask your FGFA fighters tech in return in future :D

wow America is so desperate to have proxy presence in our region :P it is another agenda of USA to make this region not be become ally to each other, made them to think they are enemy to each other.

i think they will ask your FGFA fighters tech in return in future :D

As if we will give them

Slowly but steady and away from the media attention US is making into Indian defense market. If I were Russian, I would be worried.

Neither India is interested in purchasing F-35, nor I think US has any intention in selling them at this point of time.May be after 15-20 years when their sixth gen fighter will mature, they may.

Poor State Department official of US. These journos comes up with such irrelevant questions, that he himself might be in a state of disdain; What to say?:hitwall:

I read here of PDF that India has already categorically stated that it is not interested in F-35 and it wishes to pursue only one Gen 5 fighter program. It is therefore little baffling that every now and then a report pops up indicating India's possible purchase of F 35.

Are there some back channel (Khufia) talks that we don't know about and F-35 may debut with IAF or IN?
@ sancho @ abingdonboy

Why the f*** should India buy F 35s which will come with trillions of strings attached when we have the FGFA?

Not to mention the extravagant price they are demanding.........It's cost may be justifiable in most countries but in India where we already have three 5th gen fighter programs (PAK FA, FGFA, AMCA), it would be silly to buy a completely different system.:cheesy:

I read here of PDF that India has already categorically stated that it is not interested in F-35 and it wishes to pursue only one Gen 5 fighter program. It is therefore little baffling that every now and then a report pops up indicating India's possible purchase of F 35.

Are there some back channel (Khufia) talks that we don't know about and F-35 may debut with IAF or IN?
@ sancho @ abingdonboy

well India has own 5th gen fighters projects, soon will get Pak-fa then FGFA (more advanced) , so it is logical that india will not go to buy expensive 5th gen fighter from another country.

well India has own 5th gen fighters projects, soon will get Pak-fa then FGFA (more advanced) , so it is logical that india will not go to buy expensive 5th gen fighter from another country.

Yes thats pretty correct. In fact under current development program, nations participating in F 35 program have invested money and resources depending on number of planes they wish to purchase in future. India isn't one of them and therefor its hard to understand why India would be interested to buy a plane when there is little or no chance of getting technology, a significant difference from FGFA/ T-50 program.

The US is looking forward to expand its military ties with India including a potential sale of the F-35 fighter aircraft. It was earlier speculated that the US might offer the famed F-35 Joint Strike Fighter aircraft to India.
'Famed F-35'? :omghaha: What's so famous about it? It's been beset with intractable and seemingly insurmountable problems and glitches from HMDs to pressurization to malfunctioning tail hooks! And with an escalating outrageous price tag of $166 million a piece, WE DON'T NEED IT!!

lets just say the journalist trolled the u.s..:omghaha:

Am in favour of this machine if US offers TOT in return we buy in big numbers for our navy. For our IAF we have T50, Rafael and may be AMCA but our navy is going to need some good air capabilities. Am not doubting Mig 29 but consider it flying with F 35's. With this bird we can more than counter anything that from our east can fly. Nobody will have the best product of both military powerhouses ( Russian and American ). We should take full advantage of this position we got ,others don't.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom