What's new

US think tank: India not aiding Baloch militants

Despite all of the above, a think tank in the US (which has no purpose but to steer US policy and public opinion a certain way) is being given such importance while those on the ground who see day-in and day-out on both sides of the border each other's activities are taken to be liars. Lets realize that there is ample evidence available to know so that certain anti-Pakistani elements are being helped by India.

Those think tanks are talking from what smoking gun evidence beside Dr. Fair says, she spoke to some Indian offical funding Baloch (The name of that offical is not given). Her correlation is built upon funding the northern frontier and a good relations with afganistan which trickles the money down to Baloch movement. Speculation at best!!!

“I think it would be a mistake to completely disregard Pakistan’s regional perceptions due to doubts about Indian competence in executing covert operations. That misses the point entirely. And I think it is unfair to dismiss the notion that Pakistan’s apprehensions about Afghanistan stem in part from its security competition with India. Having visited the Indian mission in Zahedan, Iran, I can assure you they are not issuing visas as the main activity! Moreover, India has run operations from its mission in Mazar (through which it supported the Northern Alliance) and is likely doing so from the other consulates it has reopened in Jalalabad and Qandahar along the border. Indian officials have told me privately that they are pumping money into Baluchistan. Kabul has encouraged India to engage in provocative activities such as using the Border Roads Organization to build sensitive parts of the Ring Road and use the Indo-Tibetan police force for security. It is also building schools on a sensitive part of the border in Kunar–across from Bajaur. Kabul’s motivations for encouraging these activities are as obvious as India’s interest in engaging in them. Even if by some act of miraculous diplomacy the territorial issues were to be resolved, Pakistan would remain an insecure state. Given the realities of the subcontinent (e.g., India’s rise and its more effective foreign relations with all of Pakistan’s near and far neighbors), these fears are bound to grow, not lessen. This suggests that without some means of compelling Pakistan to abandon its reliance upon militancy, it will become ever more interested in using it — and the militants will likely continue to proliferate beyond Pakistan’s control.”

Back
Top Bottom