What's new

US still denying us technology

we perfectly know that most of our equipments are inferior in quality when compared to usa.But that doesn't mean that all the things we have are junks and we should not be proud of it.For ex.Su30mki,brahmos,air defence systems are considered one of the best and we have every right to boast of having them(we are not boasting that they are superior to us technology)
coming to the topic,you are talking as if india begged for some technology and us refused to give and we are whining on that.That is not at all the case here.
We are having a good relationship with usa now a days and we have been offered most modern equipments like f35,aegis system etc BUT AT THE SAME TIME,INDIAN FIRMS LIKE DRDO,HAL,EVEN ISRO IS BLACK LISTED FROM DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH US DEFENCE FIRMS.US HAD REFRAINED MANY EUROPEAN FIRMS IN HELPING US IN DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS.Do you think that is fair?Offering us to purchase finished products to our army,airforce etc but refraining american and european firms in doing business with our defence firms.Fair or unfair,US have every right to do what suits its interests,at the same time we have the right to express our grievance(especially since usa is friendly to india),AND WE ARE JUST DOING THAT.So stop ordering us from what to say and what not to say,we are not one of your client states,we are just a friendly country to USA

I'm not saying that India should not be proud of making purchases from Russia or jointly developed them with mother russia for these weapons. But if India continue to rely on Russia, it will be a strategic mistake as Russia is not improving like the former Soviet Union. Its just a shell of its former self. If India want to counter China in the future, it will need US help. Without the US, India will gradually draw into the Chinese communist camp.

I'm not saying that India should not be proud of making purchases from Russia or jointly developed them with mother russia for these weapons. But if India continue to rely on Russia, it will be a strategic mistake as Russia is not improving like the former Soviet Union. Its just a shell of its former self. If India want to counter China in the future, it will need US help. Without the US, India will gradually draw into the Chinese communist camp.

well India need USA and USA need India to counter china India need to work in all fields

well India need USA and USA need India to counter china India need to work in all fields

India would be a big help to US but US does not need India. In many ways, US still need China more.

Welcome to the real world stage, if you want to reach the top you have to do it yourself, spend your hard earned cash to buy other people's second tier gadgets will never take you there. It's not about who "denies" who, it's the nature of the game.

Welcome to the real world stage, if you want to reach the top you have to do it yourself, spend your hard earned cash to buy other people's second tier gadgets will never take you there. It's not about who "denies" who, it's the nature of the game.

Who said we want to be no1. Please do not quote forum members. Now about self reliance, if we do not have self reliance in fighter, shall we stop purchasing? Then why you are buying from Russia? R&D is not build overnight, till that time we have to buy. Roughly 50 more years.

Who said we want to be no1. Please do not quote forum members. Now about self reliance, if we do not have self reliance in fighter, shall we stop purchasing? Then why you are buying from Russia? R&D is not build overnight, till that time we have to buy. Roughly 50 more years.

50 more years is underestimate. India should build more basic technology and start from ground up instead of going for the pie in the sky. For example, India has no knowledge and know how of building a sub. Why does it go with a nuclear sub instead of a conventional sub first? First, India should decide on whether joining the Russia side or the US side. If india come under US nuclear umbrella and join the US camp, US would be more giving in providing technology.

50 more years is underestimate. India should build more basic technology and start from ground up instead of going for the pie in the sky

Are you sure what You are talking about, So your point is we must build Everything which is Old? and Nothing modern??:undecided::undecided:

. For example, India has no knowledge and know how of building a sub. Why does it go with a nuclear sub instead of a conventional sub first?

Who told India dosent have any technical know how about nuke sub, Russia Helped us in Miniaturization of naval-version of the reactor developed by the Bhabha atomic Research Center... And more over you are coming to say That We have to start from world war era submarines instead of going straight to Nuke??? Why would any country do that??

First, India should decide on whether joining the Russia side or the US side. If india come under US nuclear umbrella and join the US camp, US would be more giving in providing technology.

There is nothing to decide.... And Russia is our partner, it will always be... And we dont want to be in an umbrella when Russia treats us as Equal....

Are you sure what You are talking about, So your point is we must build Everything which is Old? and Nothing modern??:undecided::undecided:

:partay::partay: I might get eggs on my face by saying this, but maybe you guys should try reverse engineering?? :D:D It's by no means easy but at least you can catch up with the latest tech quicker than you normally would, once you learned enough and are on a more or less similar levels then you can go for indigenous designs, no need to re-invent the wheels completely. :partay:

But then again it can work against you too -- everyone's scared of selling any high tech stuff to china now :D

:partay::partay: I might get eggs on my face by saying this, but maybe you guys should try reverse engineering?? :D:D It's by no means easy but at least you can catch up with the latest tech quicker than you normally would, once you learned enough and are on a more or less similar levels then you can go for indigenous designs, no need to re-invent the wheels completely. :partay:

But then again it can work against you too -- everyone's scared of selling any high tech stuff to china now :D

Thats the problem, once Start reverse engineering you will be left alone.. So why reverse engineering when Russia is helping us develop our own.. I dont see any point why we must Seek hatred.... So We are developing , No need to reverse engineer, and we are not good at reverse engineering...

:D I wouldn't go as far as hatred, it's business after all, China and Russia still need each other for good business and counter the US influence etc etc. They just demand more strict terms when selling China new stuff, but I guess that order of 2 (then later promised 7??) SU-33 didn't work out too well with the Russkies :P man... they saw it coming and they ran...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom