What's new

US Stealth UAV RQ-170 downed in IRAN

^^^^^ source "washington post"
what else do you expect?

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

"An advanced RQ170 unmanned American spy plane was shot down by Iran's armed forces. It suffered minor damage and is now in possession of Iran's armed forces," Irna quoted the official as saying.

Iran shoots down US drone | World news | guardian.co.uk

A Pentagon spokesman declined to comment on the Iranian claims or the possibility that a US drone had crashed in Iran.

Iran says it downed unmanned U.S. spy plane - The Washington Post

May be Iranian are waiting for US to deny the incident and then Iranians may come up with evidence to prove yanks liars to their embarrassment. But Americans' have denied to respond to the incident --- Interesting. If Iranians are lying why can't you just deny the incident, Mr. Yank?

Can any one of our expert aviators on this forum say whether it is technically possible for a sophisticated drone control system be hacked into while inflight and down it through the "proxy" control? Is it technically possible, as Iran claims?

It's Press TV. These guys aren't much better than "World Weekly News." Press TV regularly just makes stuff up. And there are no pictures on the Press TV website. Hmmm.

No pictures --> didn't happen. Remember when the F-117 was shot down? We instantly had 1,000 pictures of the wreckage, and it was undeniable.

On one Iran Defense forum, they are not even allowed to cite PressTV as a source, because they know it is unreliable.
Avtually i forgot about F-117 , Thanks for adding more spice :toast_sign:

If true it would be a revolution in air defense.
I would rather believe Iranians shot down the drone, instead of hacking it. BUT at the same time I remember how Iran many times claimed they can "trick" guided planes, cruise missiles, etc. Maybe they indeed developed new type of highly advanced defensive system, they have few very talented hackers.

BTW, anyone remember how few months ago US drones were hacked and got virus installed, which US said they couldnt even remove? Nobody claimed responsibility, and most thought it was Chinese work, what if it was Iranians? :blink:

Can any one of our expert aviators on this forum say whether it is technically possible for a sophisticated drone control system be hacked into while inflight and down it through the "proxy" control? Is it technically possible, as Iran claims?
Chogy is the expert here..read his comments

Here is Tehran Times saying the same thing. The Iranians are not using the word "shot down", only "down". Tehran Times say that Iranian cyberwarfare units hacked and took control of the drone and brought it down under Iranian control flight. Again no pictures, but if true as I said this is a revolution in history of warfare since this is the first time a flying craft has been hacked and brought down under the control of the enemy by electronic means. It is no small thing. This would make Iran the only nation with technology into hacking into drones while in flight.

I am sure Russians and Chinese would be only too excited to have a look at it since it is the most advanced flying object out there only came to be known in 2009 and unveiled in 2010. True cutting age drone technology.

Pictures? Iran claims something along these lines every few months.

Why would we need drones over Iran when we have spy satellites that can read newspapers from outer space?

thatz what the world is thinking, what the fu(k was that thing doing in Iran's airspace.

good to see, everybody celebrating a failure of US.:chilli:

and there is too many lessons for Pakistan in this.

well done Iran.:flame::flame:

Didn't Iran shot down couple of western drones last year or this year or something, I have to find the news but I am pretty sure they has some news about it. Was it ever revealed is to if those news were true or not?

Back
Top Bottom