What's new

US Soldiers Could Use Indian Military Bases Soon: 10 Facts

We are happy that you are happy. May stronger India - US relations provide more happiness to Pakistanis ::-)

It does, I actually wish that you two also enjoy the relationship that Pakistan - US enjoyed, or even better than that.:yahoo:

:usflag: :inflag:

It does, I actually wish that you two also enjoy the relationship that Pakistan - US enjoyed, or even better than that.:yahoo:

If you haven't read the draft of the agreement you should read it again. Pakistan - US are different from India - US. India - US relations are more of equals.

If you haven't read the draft of the agreement you should read it again. Pakistan - US are different from India - US. India - US relations are more of equals.

Yes, I have read the draft :) I am pretty confident on what it says, as much as Ash Cartor, specially the third point. :omghaha:

USA always keep their words.

I didn't know Indian flag is not supported here.

P.S: MODS? WHY? It is Indian defence forum

Yes, I have read the draft :) I am pretty confident on what it says, as much as Ash Cartor, specially the third point. :omghaha:

USA always keep their words.

I didn't know Indian flag is not supported here.

P.S: MODS? WHY? It is Indian defence forum

First the OP is not the draft. Second, US and India both access each other facility, meaning Indian troops can be stationed on US soil

First the OP is not the draft.

That was an overview, of the draft. Anyways send me the link to the draft, I would like to see if I can understand the language of security professionals :D

Second, US and India both access each other facility, meaning Indian troops can be stationed on US soil.

:partay: Yes, equal.

Is there a hidden Pakistan somewhere over there? Or are you planning to make enemies with Canada or Mexico or someone else. :cheesy:

:partay: Yes, equal.

Is there a hidden Pakistan somewhere over there? Or are you planning to make enemies with Canada or Mexico or someone else. :cheesy:

India is mega country with a population of 1.3 billion people and with economy of 2.5 trillion dollars growing at a rate of 7%. It is also the 4th most powerful military in the world. So it is between equals, moreover who knows in future India might have a navy that travels across the world to protect its interest. Having bases in US helps.

The agreement in equally beneficial to both the countries in that all clauses are applicable to both equally. However, IMO China may not be a threat to India but certainly an adversary to us.
Not beneficial to India. I dont see India using US bases at any point of time. Our power projection is near home. On the other side it will just make our armed forces susceptible to intelligence infiltration by CIA.

How is equal? For what India will use U.S. land and airbase, to bomb green land?
:lol:, True we should have got some burgers in return at least that have made the deal a bit inviting.

Pakistan is unique in how badly their alliance with the US turned out, or rather how bad the internal fallout has been.

this did not happen with Saudi and the other gulf states.

it's been good for Germany, Poland and the other NATO states (not a fan of NATO's actions but just stating the truth)

Japan and RoK have flourished with free market economies system and stable democracies.

this LSA is not a military alliance btw, nor is it paving the way for one in the future, India and the US don't exactly have a friendly past, there is decades of distrust and Indian foreign policy doctrine has no space for military alliances,

co=operation =/= treaty alliance.

so no need to worry about India, and do some thinking about why the internal fallout from the US-Pakistan thing has turned out so horribly for Pakistan, could it have something to do with your leadership over the years ? more than half of post independence Pakistan has been ruled by Generals, right ?

btw, the US is still your ally, new F-16s and AH-1Zs, a lot of MRAPs and other equipment from Afghanistan to your army, they're taking out TTP and other immediate jihadi threats to Pakistan for you, don't be so ungrateful.

Pakistan's problems are a combination of a military obsessed with staying in power, being stuck between the proverbial 'rock and a hard place' post Bush's 9/11 "with us or against us" WoT doctrine (though they've been very nice to you) and post Iranian revolution Saudia going in overdrive to spread the wahhabi ideology, Pakistan being the first victim.. and even though Indian ties with Saudia seem to be on the up, their spreading of wahhabi ideology here is not a huge concern, just have to keep an eye out in some sections of the muslim community but most reject that kind of stuff anyway so we're ok.

friends with Israel and Iran, Saudia and Iran, Russia and the US

flag_india.gif

Not beneficial to India. I dont see India using US bases at any point of time. Our power projection is near home. On the other side it will just make our armed forces susceptible to intelligence infiltration by CIA.

:lol:, True we should have got some burgers in return at least that have made the deal a bit inviting.

May be now, India might not need US bases, but India might require those bases in US in future. In any case, I don't think this is serious issue. Cooperation with US is good for India. India need US expertise and technology.

India is mega country with a population of 1.3 billion people and with economy of 2.5 trillion dollars growing at a rate of 7%. It is also the 4th most powerful military in the world. So it is between equals, moreover who knows in future India might have a navy that travels across the world to protect its interest. Having bases in US helps.

who knows
who knows
who knows

I didn't say you are not equal. Did I?

By the way, 2030 is still far away, 14 years are left. And by that time India will be the TOP #1 Power.

Why give the right to use your soil for the lesser countries like USA?

Besides USA has no point in stationing troops in India, do they?

who knows
who knows
who knows

I didn't say you are not equal. Did I?

By the way, 2030 is still far away, 14 years are left. And by that time India will be the TOP #1 Power.

Why give the right to use your soil for the lesser countries like USA?

Besides USA has no point in stationing troops in India, do they?

I thought you were happy with India US deal, now why the frustration?. :-)

Anyway, IMO the geopolitical goals of India and US match to some degree. Like...China is an adversary, that both US and India wants to check mate. Similarly, India is huge market that US companies wants to capture, while India wants US investments and technology to grow. I find a good fit. Moreover, the agreement is non discriminatory. All clauses apply to both countries equally.

Pakistan is unique in how badly their alliance with the US turned out, or rather how bad the internal fallout has been.

this did not happen with Saudi and the other gulf states.

it's been good for Germany, Poland and the other NATO states (not a fan of NATO's actions but just stating the truth)

Japan and RoK have flourished with free market economies system and stable democracies.

this LSA is not a military alliance btw, nor is it paving the way for one in the future, India and the US don't exactly have a friendly past, there is decades of distrust and Indian foreign policy doctrine has no space for military alliances,

co=operation =/= treaty alliance.

so no need to worry about India, and do some thinking about why the internal fallout from the US-Pakistan thing has turned out so horribly for Pakistan, could it have something to do with your leadership over the years ? more than half of post independence Pakistan has been ruled by Generals, right ?

btw, the US is still your ally, new F-16s and AH-1Zs, a lot of MRAPs and other equipment from Afghanistan to your army, they're taking out TTP and other immediate jihadi threats to Pakistan for you, don't be so ungrateful.

Pakistan's problems are a combination of a military obsessed with staying in power, being stuck between the proverbial 'rock and a hard place' post Bush's 9/11 "with us or against us" WoT doctrine (though they've been very nice to you) and post Iranian revolution Saudia going in overdrive to spread the wahhabi ideology, Pakistan being the first victim.. and even though Indian ties with Saudia seem to be on the up, their spreading of wahhabi ideology here is not a huge concern, just have to keep an eye out in some sections of the muslim community but most reject that kind of stuff anyway so we're ok.

friends with Israel and Iran, Saudia and Iran, Russia and the US

flag_india.gif

Calm down buddy, chill. As I told your other friend, I am very happy with this alliance... I mean cooperation.
You have no idea how really happy I am.

I swear to Indian flag
flag_india.gif

Just a request, do not synonymise Jihad with Terrorism. It will help keep the thread clean :). You are not going to like it when someone compares your holy concept with some bullshit.

May be now, India might not need US bases, but India might require those bases in US in future. In any case, I don't think this is serious issue.
Not on american soil, may be in korea,taiwan? but would they allow Indian soldiers. India seriously does not have power projection capability on foreign shores (other than tajkistan ).
Cooperation with US is good for India.
On equal basis yes, but that will never happen.

India need US expertise and technology.
No one is giving any thing for free, not even the russians. We need to invest our own money and effort to get it. Cryogenic technology is a a good example of that, if you have it ppl will provide it.

Its just like banks they will lend money to rich ppl:enjoy:.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom