What's new

US signs nuclear technology deal with Vietnam

BTW i have a question, did VN had found some uranium mines inside Vietnam ? How much uranium resources detected ?
VN has no uranium resource, as far as I know. We plan to purchase uranimum fuel from foreign sources, including America.

When are you guys going to control your compatriot NiceGuy for his delusional outlook on security matter? He said many disturbing matter that threaten many countries.
LOL...how can NiceGuy be controlled? Maybe the mods can.

no, it is just NiceGuy dream.

Vietnam does not possess nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons. We are member of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT), the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), and the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC).

Plus we are a member of the Southeast Asia Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone Treaty (Treaty of Bangkok).

Yay! someone who understand.

VN has no uranium resource, as far as I know. We plan to purchase uranimum fuel from foreign sources, including America.
... Well only used for nuclear power plant, even no chance to build a dirty bomb.
@NiceGuy just dreaming again :sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
NiceGuy expectation: US help VN with Nuclear Tech = VN getting its paws on Nuke based weapons?
Reality: US help VN with Nuclear Tech = Civil application (from lighting light bulbs to pharmaceutical) of Nuclear Tech

Vietnam signed a pact with the rest of ASEAN. In contrary to what you said you can't just break a pact so easily.
no worry, VN remains free of nuke weapons unless a evil nuclear armed country threatens our existence. The treaty with America is just of economics and politics reasons.

no, it is just NiceGuy dream.

Vietnam does not possess nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons. We are member of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT), the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), and the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC).

Plus we are a member of the Southeast Asia Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone Treaty (Treaty of Bangkok).

No Chemical weapon ?? A u kidding ?? pls Google "Vietnam Accused Of Using Poison Gas " and read it in google news. We used it to attack Khmer rouge and border of Thailand.
February 16: In a skirmish with non-communist rebel forces near Ta Phraya, four Vietnamese rockets containing toxic gas were fired, causing Thai villagers in the area to complain of dizziness and vomiting. A Royal Thai Army laboratory confirmed that the rockets contained phosgene gas.[56]
Vietnamese border raids in Thailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NiceGuy expectation: US help VN with Nuclear Tech = VN getting its paws on Nuke based weapons?
Reality: US help VN with Nuclear Tech = Civil application (from lighting light bulbs to pharmaceutical) of Nuclear Tech

Vietnam signed a pact with the rest of ASEAN. In contrary to what you said you can't just break a pact so easily.

Nice trails of thought Retard.
But the Truth is : we possess 36% enriched HEU fuel now, and its good enough to make a dirty warhead

... Well only used for nuclear power plant, even no chance to build a dirty bomb.
@NiceGuy just dreaming again :sleep:
36% enriched HEU fuel is good enough to make a dirty bomb dude :laughcry:

36% enriched not called Highly Enriched Uranium.
How many 36% enriched uranium in ur hand ? If u owned tons of 36% uranium that might can build some dirty bombs, but if only several kg u'd better do chemical experiement.

A million KW-Nuclear Power Plant need 40ton~60ton nuclear fuels per year, only seize 1.5ton~3ton U235.

When are you guys going to control your compatriot NiceGuy for his delusional outlook on security matter? He said many disturbing matter that threaten many countries.

I don't think 1 internet forumer claiming to build nukes is enough to 'threaten' an entire country, especially one as large as China.

I know that a super comp can be used to simulate nukes.but as world is strongly opposing any country to develop nukes (Iran,North Korea),so Vietnam shouldn't go to that path.thats the right time to prosper as whole world's eye is on Asia,especially East Asia.Asean are trying hard to push forward various co-op.India too is keen to help Asean on this.so,its better to prosper using the attention of the world.pursuing nukes will only bring more tension in this already tensed region.

You may be right but when comes to security of the nation, Other consideration becomes secondary i believe.

@NiceGuy

I know you feel that having a nuclear weapon makes the country feel 'safer' but what's the point if it will put Vietnam under sanctions such as the ones that Iran and North Korea received? If Vietnam builds nuclear weapons, even if we claim we won't use it, we will lose alot of foreign support and aid and that will harm us even more than not having a nuke. There won't be anymore technology transfer from US to Vietnam. I want Vietnam's GDP growth rate back up to 8-10% a year and I want my family back in Vietnam to have enough food and education, building nukes won't help that.

But the Truth is : we possess 36% enriched HEU fuel now, and its good enough to make a dirty warhead

*cough* Retard *cough*

@NiceGuy

I know you feel that having a nuclear weapon makes the country feel 'safer' but what's the point if it will put Vietnam under sanctions such as the ones that Iran and North Korea received? If Vietnam builds nuclear weapons, even if we claim we won't use it, we will lose alot of foreign support and aid and that will harm us even more than not having a nuke. There won't be anymore technology transfer from US to Vietnam. I want Vietnam's GDP growth rate back up to 8-10% a year and I want my family back in Vietnam to have enough food and education, building nukes won't help that.

All hail Visom for having common sense.
1507896159_68b66490f7.jpg

36% enriched not called Highly Enriched Uranium.
How many 36% enriched uranium in ur hand ? If u owned tons of 36% uranium that might can build some dirty bombs, but if only several kg u'd better do chemical experiement.

A million KW-Nuclear Power Plant need 40ton~60ton nuclear fuels per year, only seize 1.5ton~3ton U235.
More than 20 % can be call HEU already . Pls Google and check it

I dont know how many kg . we used 89 nuclear rods bought from Soviet union to make 500kw during cold war
4. Trong 10 n&#259;m (3/1984-3/1994), LPU &#272;à L&#7841;t &#273;&#432;&#7907;c v&#7853;n hành an toàn và khai thác có hi&#7879;u qu&#7843; v&#7899;i c&#7845;u hình vùng ho&#7841;t không thay &#273;&#7893;i, s&#7917; d&#7909;ng 89 BNL ch&#7913;a nhiên li&#7879;u &#273;&#7897; giàu cao 36% (nhiên li&#7879;u Urani &#273;&#7897; giàu cao &#273;&#432;&#7907;c ký hi&#7879;u là HEU - High Enrichment Uranium khi thành ph&#7847;n 235U &#8805; 20%; ng&#432;&#7907;c l&#7841;i, nhiên li&#7879;u Urani &#273;&#7897; giàu th&#7845;p &#273;&#432;&#7907;c ký hi&#7879;u là LEU - Low Enrichment Uranium khi thành ph&#7847;n 235U < 20%).
http://www.dalat.gov.vn/web/Tưliệu/...terialCategoryID/0/CurrentPage/1/Default.aspx

@NiceGuy

We r not so hasty on possessing Nuke warhead now, just got the right to enrich uranium on our own soil first , then with new techology, No one will know(or US-Russia dont care) we a making nuke bomb :pop:
VIENNA, Oct 11 (Reuters) - A new way of making nuclear fuel with lasers may help cut costs and ensure energy security but could also make it easier for rogue states to secretly build nuclear weapons if they got hold of the know-how.New laser technology stirs nuclear bomb proliferation fears | Reuters

Back
Top Bottom