What's new

US SHOULD LOOK AT NUCLEAR DEAL WITH PAKISTAN - SAYS RAND CORPORATION

Double thanks for this brilliant post. The exact deal that has been signed between India and the US has been denied to Pakistan. It is an unfair ill-befitting of a superpower as it has the potential to alienate a country that is keen to defend its interests (Pakistan is not!)...

US should keep every aspect in mind before it signs a deal with India which it refuses to Pakistan. It sends the wrong signal and gives the appearance that Pakistan is merely a colony of the United States. On the other hand Pakistan has to advocate its interests much more aggressively if we hope to win this war.

Succeeding in the war on terror depends on a lot of things, one of them is how independently can Pakistan fight and how close it is seen to the US. If we are seen as too close to them we create more problems for ourselves giving cannon fodder to these terrorists. Pakistan must fight the war on terror but on its own terms. Also it should not bow down to US pressure and demands, infact we should make demands of our own.

For that they may have to wait till the sun becomes a red giant or the stars start winking out signalling the end of the universe!! :P :lol:

They might give the deal with a catch that all nuclear establishment in Pak comes under US control.

They might give the deal with a catch that all nuclear establishment in Pak comes under US control.
That's impossible! Pakistan will never ever allow international verification/inspections of their nuclear reactors that produce Uranium/Plutonium as by-products for making nuclear bombs.

In other words, this whole thing is a non stater.

There is no deal offered that would work. It would depend on Pakistan verifiable getting rid of terrorist groups. I'm not convinced that Pakistan can do that anymore considering how it seems incapable of protecting its own people against terrorist attacks. Granted there are different groups but are they really amenable to Pakistani control as one would imagine them to be? I'm not sure & I don't think many Pakistani officials are either.

Civil Nuclear Deal VS Gas pipeline project-

Just as few days ago we heard Reymond Davis VS Afia Siddiqu swap.
Fizzled out.

This article by RAND is written in 2010, whereas in the very next year 2011 that is, the US silenced OBL in Pakistan, that has damaged Pakistan's International credibility beyond repair.

Also, US fears NOKO angle on proliferation side. So the deal is dead as DODO.
Lets not contemplate it any further. Han agar khayali pulav khana hai tau.....

There is no deal offered that would work. It would depend on Pakistan verifiable getting rid of terrorist groups. I'm not convinced that Pakistan can do that anymore considering how it seems incapable of protecting its own people against terrorist attacks. Granted there are different groups but are they really amenable to Pakistani control as one would imagine them to be? I'm not sure & I don't think many Pakistani officials are either.

No it requires pesky inspectors like what India will be having to contend with. We're good on that, don't need it

Gwadar Port and IP-Gase pipeline vs US Nuclear Deal. The Gwadar port has upset many in the UAE and KSA already.

and we had to give the highest military award to UAE chief for compensation- :lol:-
thats ridiculous-

Just as few days ago we heard Reymond Davis VS Afia Siddiqu swap.
Fizzled out.

This article by RAND is written in 2010, whereas in the very next year 2011 that is, the US silenced OBL in Pakistan, that has damaged Pakistan's International credibility beyond repair.

Also, US fears NOKO angle on proliferation side. So the deal is dead as DODO.
Lets not contemplate it any further. Han agar khayali pulav khana hai tau.....

fcuk- my bad-

i thought its a recent development thats why i compared the Gas pipeline project-
@Pakistanisage itna old article kun chappa bhai?-

No wonder. RAND corporation.

How come you are so sure of your capability?

the in capabilities were evident since the start of zardari rule-
Hope under new administration we will fare better-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom