What's new

US Senate warns Obama on Rouhani in letter signed by 76 lawmakers

@Secur

Hi there,

Happy Eid bro :partay:.

I don't agree that the Soviet didn't pose a real threat to Pakistan, and I'm not convinced enough to believe say. The situation was more complicated than what the Soviets said here and there, the fact that the execution of Zulifqar AB was one of main the reason that had led the Russians to invade Afghanistan is an undeniable cause followed by an effect - which is the invasion of this case -

Additionally, Pakistan nuclear program was in its intermediate stage, therefore, the Soviets couldn't have be deterred much to go there.

As such, the invasion came as a blow to both states concerned.

I might not agree with you but I deeply respect your take into this, and I will never regret KSA's involvement ever.

Happy Eid to you , mate ! Its not the festive day here yet :D

Well , there's the difference of opinion . The condition of the Soviet Union back then proves otherwise , think of it , they aren't even remotely confident of providing stability to the Communist regime , how can they , in such case , be expected to try to invade Pakistan which was no military pushover ? The USSR due to its economic policies and huge military spending vis a vis U.S was already on the verge of decline . Just like the Americans aren't leaving Afghanistan today because they are militarily defeated , the Reds didn't do so because they had lost some 14,000 comrades but mainly because their economy didn't permit them to further continue the futile endeavor furthermore . However , the Pakistani involvement in the Soviet war did speed things up , which had to happen sooner or later just like the civil war in Afghanistan and struggle for control of Kabul .

Things could have been handled the conventional way instead of going nuclear , you dont fight wars without money . Pakistan downed 10 invaders from Afghanistan after the outbreak of the Soviet war , did the Kremlin then retaliate despite having the capability to do so ? Islamabad engaged the Soviet soldiers with Special Services and Pakistan Army direcly ? The result , nothing . No , mate , there was nothing left in the Red Empire .

Let say the Pakistani leader fooled Riyadh back then , just like he fooled the Pakistani nation ? What would you say , in such case ? :D

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it No problemo , feelings are good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said before, my fellow.

I don't think that a Pakistani life should be wasted for the sake of KSA or other nations.

Though it does go that way..

But now I am just repeating things, while I made my point a few pages back.

Yaar tu neh toh khaad kardii saachi aansu aage. :frown:

Then these indians want to come here and cry about pandits left and right. The pandits have it easy compared to what kashmiri muslims have to go through. Don't worry though the kashmiri struggle is legitimate and remember what Bhutto once said, if need be Pakistanis will fight India for 1000 years and InshAllah kashmir will be free.

Politics.... to divide the people from both sides. India cries about the hindus and Pakistan about the muslims. As if either side reallyyyyy cares about the people. Leaders that speak of wars are morons....simple :P
@Armstrong

Politics.... to divide the people from both sides. India cries about the hindus and Pakistan about the muslims. As if either side reallyyyyy cares about the people. Leaders that speak of wars are morons....simple :P
@Armstrong

Hindus pandits should not have sided with occupiers over their own brethren. They caused the divide. Yes Pakistan cares for the people India just wants the land many Indians say as much here. War is a necessary evil at times rather it is people unwilling to fight who do not deserve anything and are morons.

Hindus pandits should not have sided with occupiers over their own brethren. They caused the divide. Yes Pakistan cares for the people India just wants the land many Indians say as much here. War is a necessary evil at times rather it is people unwilling to fight who do not deserve anything and are morons.

No they did not cause the divide. It was all politics. As for pakistan caring about the people.... cracked me up...last time I checked pakistan didn't even care about its own people lol. Yes war is a necessary evil sometimes, but this isn't one of those times. But I do agree with the last line, so let's leave the morons alone instead of fighing over them for 6 decades... right uncle @Armstrong :D LOL

No they did not cause the divide. It was all politics. As for pakistan caring about the people.... cracked me up...last time I checked pakistan didn't even care about its own people lol. Yes war is a necessary evil sometimes, but this isn't one of those times. But I do agree with the last line, so let's leave the morons alone instead of fighing over them for 6 decades... right uncle @Armstrong :D LOL

Kashmiris are Pakistan's people. ;) The morons are people like you, you have been left alone for a while now. :lol: jkjk

Someday I want to meet you & on that day I want to hold you close to me & whisper in your ears 'Shut Up You Fat Kashmiri Cow' ! :P

It’s not whether you need help or not, I’m not talking about military power. They just want to see others do the dirty work on their behalf while they will not spill any blood. This happened numerous times in recent history. Now they have no problem to drag Pakistan in the secterian war which it might have been dragged into already according to some members. What we keep seeing is them dividing Pakistanis ( any other country aswell ) into 2 sides which is a danger. So I agree with the ones here that call for a rise of nationalism in Pakistan.

I hear ya, but i am sure we can deal with it, a lot of countries are trying to project power in our nation. However let me not take credit away from the Saudis, for the help they gave us during our fight with the soviets in Afghanistan. Frankly our asss was on the line from 1979-1989.

As for nationalism, Pakistani is just an identity for whosoever wants to become one. There are at least a dozen major ethnolinguistic groups in Pakistan. We don't have a rigid idea of Nationality, like the Arabs, or the Turks etc. We are a unique multicultural nation, with 12 or so major languages. There will be no race based revolt in Pakistan, let me say Never.

@Yzd Khalifa

We look after each other, we have done that in the past, will do so in the future. I am sure you know my extreme displeasure at the current turn of events in our elections and the Royal support for this balded mule in Islamabad. However, i guess we have plenty to share in the future and it will continue to bring fruit.

As I stated earlier, the unilateral countermeasures that have been taken by both state concerned are solid and firm, we couldn't stand seeing the Soviet marching elsewhere. And I wouldn't regret any step we took against the Russians.
However let me not take credit away from the Saudis, for the help they gave us during our fight with the soviets in Afghanistan. Frankly our asss was on the line from 1979-1989.

I am sure you know my extreme displeasure at the current turn of events in our elections and the Royal support for this balded mule in Islamabad

The PPP morally and materially corrupted politicians should be stoned to death :coffee:

Oh hold on a second, I'm guessing you are trying to be more Muslim than Iran's eternal enemy Omar Ibn Al-Khattab? Interesting, what would @salman108 and @al-Hasani say about this :angel:

A trillion times yes :bunny:

Thank you :wave:

what makes you think we just want to "say" some thing about it.

@al-Hasani is a very fierce and emotional baby ..

I am of the opinion that the corruption in Pakistan is too ingrained in the system and so the system itself needs to be completely washed clean with blood. We can agree to disagree.

No i agree. But the problem is that it will put us back a few years from our current position. We need qualified people who can replace the corrupt bureaucrats.

Back
Top Bottom