What's new

US secretary of state set to outline post-deal strategy on Iran

what can we do if we are attacked, and what happens if we respond by firing missiles towards S.A., UAE and other place? Are they going to sit back? Fat chance.....so in effect what you're saying it's war between us (with no reliable ally) and them with U.S. backing them. I don't think this is a solid plan.

Build a dirty bomb (if there's not enough time) or just good old nukes. Also If time is really tight then we could offer NK with energy supply in return for couple of nukes fresh off the production line :)

Last edited:
We should by all means try hard to not disappoint them.
Well said sir,well said.
I agree now is not the time for knee jerk reactions,altho with a maniac like trump my first initial instinct as with bush was naturally the nuclear option and I think thats a perfectly natural reaction as usually the only thing that thugs like that ever really understand and fear is naked brute force or at least a credible threat of it.

I like you r idea about what we would need to give them to remove the sanctions again. But tell me what the table will look like if we withdraw, are Europeans going to put back sanctions too? What is the scenario when we kick out the IAEA inspectors? The reason we're in this situation is because we didn't plan accordingly when this monkey won the presidency of the U.S. In my opinion we should have known the game was about to change and made overtures, even empty ones. Now your argument is still valid for leaving but the other parts are quite weak and untested. Such as what can we do if we are attacked, and what happens if we respond by firing missiles towards S.A., UAE and other place? Are they going to sit back? Fat chance.....so in effect what you're saying it's war between us (with no reliable ally) and them with U.S. backing them. I don't think this is a solid plan.

Your response makes it seem like I was suggesting that Iran should initiate a military attack by firing at U.S. puppet states before Iran is ever attacked. That is NOT what I was suggesting!

I said if Iran is attacked in any way that's how we should respond!

If your suggesting that in an attack on any part of Iran even precision strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities Iran should reframe from responding than I'm sorry man but you are badly mistaken!

How exactly do you think the U.S. managed to invade Iraq so quickly in 2003 and hold it? Fact is U.S. war against Iraq didn't start in 2003! After Desert Storm, the U.S. conducted limited yearly bombings and missile attacks on Iraq for over a decade until they degraded Iraq's military to a point that by 2003 they felt comfortable that they can not only invade but hold Iraq and overthrow the regime and install a new government!
Between 1991-2003 Iraq didn't go a single year where the U.S. didn't drop bombs and missiles on Iraq's military and all the attacks were limited and restricted to specific military targets and none of the yearly attacks between 92-2002 were enough (By themselves) to put Saddam's regime in danger.
BUT what the attacks did do over a period of a decade under operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Desert Fox,....is systematically remove Iraq's ability from defending the country from a full scale invasion.

If Iran allows limited attacks on Iran's nuclear facility to go unanswered all your really doing is opening up the door for attacks on Iran's Missile program and if they are taken out then Iran would be left with nothing to defend the country with which means they will systematically go after Iranian SAM site and other targets to a point where an invasion will be achievable

And responding to a U.S. strike by dropping a few missiles on a handful of U.S. bases would get the same type of response from the U.S. as an attack on Saudi Oil facilities...
BUT the effects would be far different

U.S. has no shortage of weapons or wealth so unless those bases are getting ready to deploy armored unites into Iran attacking them will be of limited value with limited effect.
Where as hitting Saudi Oil will prevent Saudi's from supplementing and replacing Iranian oil on the market which will drive up oil prices and place international pressure on the U.S. to stop the nonsense and will work as a future deterrent.

Hitting U.S. puppet leaders in U.S. puppet states will force the U.S. intel agencies to scramble in U.S. allied countries which will also act as a deterrent because U.S. would be risking losing bunch of puppets in an attempt to turn Iran into a puppet state.

That's why if Iran is attacked in any way even a limited attack Iran has to respond by going after those type of targets or else Iranian political and military leaders should just put their hands up right now, pack their bags and agree to leave the country and allow the U.S. to come and install a new puppet Monarchy!

Again today even Total a French Oil company is saying that EU is incapable of protecting them against the U.S.!
Iran has NO CHOICE! And unless you want Iran to negotiate it's Missile Program away then we have to start installing new centrifuges and Iran can't afford to allow it's missile program to be at the front lines of negotiations with the U.S.
And I'm not suggesting we kick out IAEA inspectors tomorrow but Iran also needs to take systematic steps rather than sudden steps for now we start installing IR-8's at Fordow and start heading towards pre JCPOA levels ASAP

Last edited:
Your response makes it seem like I was suggesting that Iran should initiate a military attack by firing at U.S. puppet states before Iran is ever attacked. That is NOT what I was suggesting!

I said if Iran is attacked in any way that's how we should respond!

If your suggesting that in an attack on any part of Iran even precision strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities Iran should reframe from responding than I'm sorry man but you are badly mistaken!

How exactly do you think the U.S. managed to invade Iraq so quickly in 2003 and hold it? Fact is U.S. war against Iraq didn't start in 2003! After Desert Storm, the U.S. conducted limited yearly bombings and missile attacks on Iraq for over a decade until they degraded Iraq's military to a point that by 2003 they felt comfortable that they can not only invade but hold Iraq and overthrow the regime and install a new government!
Between 1991-2003 Iraq didn't go a single year where the U.S. didn't drop bombs and missiles on Iraq's military and all the attacks were limited and restricted to specific military targets and none of the yearly attacks between 92-2002 were enough (By themselves) to put Saddam's regime in danger.
BUT what the attacks did do over a period of a decade under operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Desert Fox,....is systematically remove Iraq's ability from defending the country from a full scale invasion.

If Iran allows limited attacks on Iran's nuclear facility to go unanswered all your really doing is opening up the door for attacks on Iran's Missile program and if they are taken out then Iran would be left with nothing to defend the country with which means they will systematically go after Iranian SAM site and other targets to a point where an invasion will be achievable

And responding to a U.S. strike by dropping a few missiles on a handful of U.S. bases would get the same type of response from the U.S. as an attack on Saudi Oil facilities...
BUT the effects would be far different

U.S. has no shortage of weapons or wealth so unless those bases are getting ready to deploy armored unites into Iran attacking them will be of limited value with limited effect.
Where as hitting Saudi Oil will prevent Saudi's from supplementing and replacing Iranian oil on the market which will drive up oil prices and place international pressure on the U.S. to stop the nonsense and will work as a future deterrent.

Hitting U.S. puppet leaders in U.S. puppet states will force the U.S. intel agencies to scramble in U.S. allied countries which will also act as a deterrent because U.S. would be risking losing bunch of puppets in an attempt to turn Iran into a puppet state.

That's why if Iran is attacked in any way even a limited attack Iran has to respond by going after those type of targets or else Iranian political and military leaders should just put their hands up right now, pack their bags and agree to leave the country and allow the U.S. to come and install a new puppet Monarchy!

Again today even Total a French Oil company is saying that EU is incapable of protecting them against the U.S.!
Iran has NO CHOICE! And unless you want Iran to negotiate it's Missile Program away then we have to start installing new centrifuges and Iran can't afford to allow it's missile program to be at the front lines of negotiations with the U.S.
And I'm not suggesting we kick out IAEA inspectors tomorrow but Iran also needs to take systematic steps rather than sudden steps for now we start installing IR-8's at Fordow and start heading towards pre JCPOA levels ASAP
It's simple if you don't respond an aggressive policy of your nemesis be it threat or bombing in the same level be sure next time you would face much harder situation. The only way out of current situation is not rushing in anything first let's see what would be results of on going talks but meanwhile putting conditions for the EU which if you don't respect this part of deal we don't respect that part of deal ... by doing so the nuclear restrictions would return as bargain again on the table we should play with their nerves every single even minor violation of deal must be responded asap even if by installing 1 centrifuge. It would keep them committed to n-deal and also prevent any drastic sudden scene to be used later on as pretext. Also we should not get out of NPT we just reduce inspections to it.
Such a policy should have been deployed a minute after reaching JCPoA in 2015 to prevent current situation but even now not too late.

And beside all Trump or any other baboons ain't important and can not do a shit ,they are a blip in entire Iran's history, if and if we find a solution for internal ghazanfars and have a very strict disciplined plan for our economy and social problems.
Some said we should look out for China but what is different btw China and the US when you have problems inside?

When I hear this guy talk I can't help wonder what an amateur he is, he knows nothing of diplomacy and world politics. No wonder we we got chocked out. Reminds of a random crazy guy at a cafe or bus terminal who thinks he has the solution to the world's problems.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/ahmadin...essful-execute-me-and-my-family/29235010.html

I've been saying for years now the guy is either nuts or an Israeli spy!

For a current or a former Iranian president to say in a public setting that I told them to take my wife and children away as hostages and if I can't fix this execute them to say that in a public setting makes Iran look like a crazy nut job country where such absurd actions like putting up your family up as hostage collateral to be executed have worked as a viable tactic in the past!

Like always mixing a little bit of truth with absurd delusions to make Iran look bad!

Clearly like a normal person he couldn't just stop at we should do this and that to negotiate from a position of strength!!!!! Which is true and a correct strategy!
He had to put in some absurdity like take my family as hostage collateral to be executed!!!!!
And it's one thing to say that in a privet setting to show the people in your meeting how confident you are in your strategy and tactics and it's quite another to say it in public! Your a former Iranian president for God sake and you know for a fact whatever you say in public will go viral! What the hell kind of thing is that so say in public!

It might sound irrelevant . But the thing is the Islamic Republic should be concerned about the internal security rather than Trump's rhetoric . People are mostly fed up with the corruption within the government than the US policy .

It's simple if you don't respond an aggressive policy of your nemesis be it threat or bombing in the same level be sure next time you would face much harder situation. The only way out of current situation is not rushing in anything first let's see what would be results of on going talks but meanwhile putting conditions for the EU which if you don't respect this part of deal we don't respect that part of deal ... by doing so the nuclear restrictions would return as bargain again on the table we should play with their nerves every single even minor violation of deal must be responded asap even if by installing 1 centrifuge. It would keep them committed to n-deal and also prevent any drastic sudden scene to be used later on as pretext. Also we should not get out of NPT we just reduce inspections to it.
Such a policy should have been deployed a minute after reaching JCPoA in 2015 to prevent current situation but even now not too late.

And beside all Trump or any other baboons ain't important and can not do a shit ,they are a blip in entire Iran's history, if and if we find a solution for internal ghazanfars and have a very strict disciplined plan for our economy and social problems.
Some said we should look out for China but what is different btw China and the US when you have problems inside?

I agree there needs to be a tit for tat response. That's a logical step! BUT leaving the NPT should also be one of the last steps Iran takes. It would be illogical to take any option off the table without trusting that the other side would take options off the table and since you can't really trust the other side due to their recent actions then you really can't take any options off the table!

And political support from EU may make Iranian leaders feel all nice and warm on the inside but if you wanted to be practical EU political support is useless if economic pressure on Iran keeps on mounting while Iran does nothing in terms of actions
In a few months economic pressure will mount and Iran will be left with nothing to negotiate with other than it's Ballistic Missile program!
Do you think the U.S. is going to remove sanction if we uninstall 1 centrifuge? Clearly NOT! That's why without clear economic guarantees EU support is useless

And for all we know EU political support for the JCPOA is nothing more than a coordinated trap between EU & US! Get Iran not to restart it's nuclear program while they mount sanctions and economic pressure that way the only thing Iran has left to negotiate with is it's Iran's Missile program....

Boing & Airbus deal has ended BP, Italian steel company & Swedish shipping have left and the French Total just announced that they won't be able to stay and EU is already gearing up to replace Iranian Oil
And what has the Rohani administrations response been?

And installing 1 or even 100 centrifuges alone will not be enough to get the U.S. to back off! And at the end of the day until Iran gives them a reason to back off they won't!

It might sound irrelevant . But the thing is the Islamic Republic should be concerned about the internal security rather than Trump's rhetoric . People are mostly fed up with the corruption within the government than the US policy .

Corruption happens in every major economic power in the world! No one likes corruption but lets be clear what we call corruption today is one of the main incentives of political power world wide! And it doesn't matter if your the President of the United States or the Mayor of Tehran because it happens everywhere and over 99% of the financial corruption coming out of their offices is in the form of government contracts going to friends and family which is fairly standard worldwide.
And handing government contracts to friends and family is the main financial incentive of political power because your government checks aren't really that much.

So if corruptions is the only thing we as Iranians are upset about then we are fools!

Today over 50% of Iran's economic problems are directly related to it's own policies. If you implement policies that result in downfall of the Tourist Industry, Music Industry, Entertainment industry, TV & Radio and with it Marketing
While we as Iranians sit back and talk about corruption then we are FOOLS! Iran has a $450 billion USD GDP (nominal) and how many billions of dollars do you think we can add to our GDP if we completely wipe out corruption in Iran! $1Billion USD? $2Billion USD? $10 Billion USD? Today Turkey has a GDP that's twice that of Iran's and 1 or even $10 Billion USD isn't going to make up the difference!

Today over 50% of Iran's economic problems are directly related to it's own policies. If you implement policies that result in downfall of the Tourist Industry, Music Industry, Entertainment industry, TV & Radio and with it Marketing
While we as Iranians sit back and talk about corruption then we are FOOLS! Iran has a $450 billion USD GDP (nominal) and how many billions of dollars do you think we can add to our GDP if we completely wipe out corruption in Iran! $1Billion USD? $2Billion USD? $10 Billion USD? Today Turkey has a GDP that's twice that of Iran's and 1 or even $10 Billion USD isn't going to make up the difference!

Very well said.

Hope the right wing Iranian members here ponder upon it.

Corruption happens in every major economic power in the world! No one likes corruption but lets be clear what we call corruption today is one of the main incentives of political power world wide! And it doesn't matter if your the President of the United States or the Mayor of Tehran because it happens everywhere and over 99% of the financial corruption coming out of their offices is in the form of government contracts going to friends and family which is fairly standard worldwide.
And handing government contracts to friends and family is the main financial incentive of political power because your government checks aren't really that much.

So if corruptions is the only thing we as Iranians are upset about then we are fools!

It sure does happen everywhere but the thing is first the rate and amount and second how the governments counter that .

Firstly Iran is not an economic power at all .

Secondly , the currption in our country has become systematic and can no longer be categorized in what you mentioned , neither can it be compared to those of per se the US or other developed countries .

As a matter of fact it's not tolerable worldwide because in democratic countries people have a lot to say and rulling parties won't survive neither will they be able restrict access to social media etc to cover up their mess .

For instance , look at South Korea , which is actually a real economic power with 1.7 billion dollar revenue . Their prime minister or sth like that ( who happened to have the highest position in the country ) got prosecuted and later jailed for the same exact reason you mentioned above . Because people have the final say in democratic countries to take their leaders to the court of law but in Iran ?

In Iran we're basically dealing with several networks of Mafia that have been exhausting the power , resources etc for their own interests . Although it wasn't like this in the 80s during the former leader's reign but eversince his decease the country has turned into a feudal state .

It sure does happen everywhere but the thing is first the rate and amount and second how the governments counter that .

Secondly , the currption in our country has become systematic and can no longer be categorized in what you mentioned , neither can it be compared to those of per se the US or other developed countries .

As a matter of fact it's not tolerable worldwide because in democratic countries people have a lot to say and rulling parties won't survive neither will they be able restrict access to social media etc to cover up their mess .

For instance , look at South Korea , which is actually a real economic power with 1.7 billion dollar revenue . Their prime minister or sth like that ( who happened to have the highest position in the country ) got prosecuted and later jailed for the same exact reason you mentioned above . Because people have the final say in democratic countries to take their leaders to the court of law but in Iran ?

In Iran we're basically dealing with several networks of Mafia that have been exhausting the power , resources etc for their own interests . Although it wasn't like this in the 80s during the former leader's reign but eversince his decease the country has turned into a feudal state .

So basically you don't care what actually effects Iran's GDP you just want to see people go to jail so you can feel better!
LOL!
And rather than comparing Iran with a neighboring Muslim country with roughly the same size population that is technologically at about Iran's level you wanna compare Iran to S.Korea a technological power that build half the most used cellphones and TV's in the world and has a global car industry.
Well that's just fine maybe you should 1st check how much international receipts S.Korea brings in from Tourism before talking nonsense!

People like you who support Hejab being enforced in every corner of Iran that support Ershad destroying Iran's Music, TV, Radio, Entertainment industry and with it marketing have no right complaining about the economy! Because you are the actual reason why Iran's economy is where it's at!

And you don't need to be technologically advanced or even have developed economy to have a healthy Tourist industry! Today Turkey is bringing in more foreign currency from Tourism than Iran brings in from Oil exports and you wanna nag about corruption!!!!!!!!!!!

No free press, no independent judicial system= No anti-corruption watchdog (press) + no punishment (independent judicial system). This is ok for khamenei and larijani. People who will replace them also think this is not a problem.
Only radical reform can save the country from this situation, else strikes and crisis will start which will rist stability of the country.

So basically you don't care what actually effects Iran's GDP you just want to see people go to jail so you can feel better!
LOL!
And rather than comparing Iran with a neighboring Muslim country with roughly the same size population that is technologically at about Iran's level you wanna compare Iran to S.Korea a technological power that build half the most used cellphones and TV's in the world and has a global car industry.
Well that's just fine maybe you should 1st check how much international receipts S.Korea brings in from Tourism before talking nonsense!

People like you who support Hejab being enforced in every corner of Iran that support Ershad destroying Iran's Music, TV, Radio, Entertainment industry and with it marketing have no right complaining about the economy! Because you are the actual reason why Iran's economy is where it's at!

And you don't need to be technologically advanced or even have developed economy to have a healthy Tourist industry! Today Turkey is bringing in more foreign currency from Tourism than Iran brings in from Oil exports and you wanna nag about corruption!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro , Iran has 1% of the world's population but when it comes to resources ... !

I just mentioned an example of an economic power to humbly remind you what an economic power is . And another example to again show you how such crimes are dealt with in a rich country . That's all .

I don't think I ever mentioned Hijab , guidance patrol etc .

d
No free press, no independent judicial system= No anti-corruption watchdog (press) + no punishment (independent judicial system). This is ok for khamenei and larijani. People who will replace them also think this is not a problem.
Only radical reform can save the country from this situation, else strikes and crisis will start which will rist stability of the country.

Free press is nothing but a DELUSION! I've lived in the U.S. and I can promise you there is NO SUCH THING!

Iran's main problem right now is it's economy! Again I ask how much money do you think Iran can add to it's $450 Billion USD GDP(Nominal) by wiping out government corruption?
1st go check how much revenue Iran brings in from Oil, then go deduct what you think the actual net profit of that will be then go deduct what Iran hands out to it's population....

fact is whether that cash goes to this guys or that guy doesn't much effect Iran's GDP in any meaningful way! And lets say $1 Billion USD gets stolen every year in a $450 Billion USD economy that is not going to make or break Iran!

Back
Top Bottom