What's new

US says China likely to build more overseas bases, maybe in Pakistan

Very funny! its all balochistan, just for 55 billion dollar the chinese would make five times that money and all the money given to pakistan was in the form of loans at a ROI of 18%, that's crazy. There is a saying "hatred makes people intellectually blind" that suits pakistanis very much!
Pakistan can actually pay us back in one form, strategic encirclement of India. You threaten our oil, we will use Gwadar to threaten yours. Btw, I was reading about Chabahar and how idiotic it is to try to use Iran against China. That's the dumbest thing to do. Chabahar was offered to China previously and again recently, the Iranians said the Indians didn't do anything on it. :lol:

Do you know China has an agreement to protect Iranian oilfields owned by Chinese companies in the event of an attack?

I will be more happy is pakistan make union with china .

well, strategically, even if Pakistan and other countries in South Asia have normal relationship with India, it is still good to hedge their security interest by aligning with China. After all, India is dominant power in South Asia, not to mention have ambition to be the big bro in South Asia. Having another power to balance India in South Asia will give more breathing room for other countries in South Asia. Especially for Pakistan who has up and down relationship with India. It used to be the US who provide that balancing power in South Asia, but with the US retreating from the world, and focusing on containing China, the US more and more have given up its responsibility in South Asia and instead aligning its position with India to contain China at the cost of Pakistan and other countries in South Asia. At the same time, China will need Pakistan and other countries in South Asia to help it fend off US pawn, India, in South Asia to ensure that its trade route in Indian Ocean will be safe. With their fate intertwined like that, no surprise China and Pakistan have such good relationship. It is a matter of life and death for both countries.

We can make a deal like protecting each other in war time but I guess military base is not a good way.

nor does it make sense. One thing that Pakistan doesn't lack is manpower. Certainly China doesn't need to base its soldiers in Pakistan. Pakistan has enough manpower to protect themselves. What China need is a naval port to help supplying the Chinese warships passing through Indian ocean and a place to rest. That is something that Pakistan can provide. What China and Pakistan need to do is to cooperate more on joint military operation and joint naval patrol around India ocean.

We can make a deal like protecting each other in war time but I guess military base is not a good way.
nothing wrong in deal also sir . but one thing is sure we will have more and more relations with china in future

nor does it make sense. One thing that Pakistan doesn't lack is manpower. Certainly China doesn't need to base its soldiers in Pakistan. Pakistan has enough manpower to protect themselves. What China need is a naval port to help supplying the Chinese warships passing through Indian ocean and a place to rest. That is something that Pakistan can provide. What China and Pakistan need to do is to cooperate more on joint military operation and joint naval patrol around India ocean.

They can use Pakistani bases for this purpose. Allowing them a new base is not an option since we are a sovereign country.

nothing wrong in deal also sir . but one thing is sure we will have more and more relations with china in future

In sha ALLAH

Our relations with China will improve sir since both countries has no other option. I hope trade also increases.

No military base in Pakistan, Pakistan has strong military power, at most Karachi or Gwadar act as a staging post for occasionally visiting PLAN.

It can be a joint operations base under control of Pakistan. I don't agree on a Chinese controlled base in Gwadar, it has to respect Pakistani wishes. If Pakistan wants us to operate jointly, we will go ahead.

It can be a joint operations base under control of Pakistan. I don't agree on a Chinese controlled base in Gwadar, it has to respect Pakistani wishes. If Pakistan wants us to operate jointly, we will go ahead.

No. Even if Pakistan politely invited PLAN, I don't think PLAN would accept the offer. The policy is to try bring peace into South Asia, not collision.

The problem is India. We want to solve the border problem but these people only want problem.

If China established military base in Pakistan, that would just prove that 'China is colonizing Pakistan', it's a trouble for progress of CPEC. Pakistan Establishment also has no any intention to do so, don't forget Pakistan is ally of USA. All are funny rumors to troll Indian.

If China established military base in Pakistan, that would just prove that 'China is colonizing Pakistan', it's a trouble for progress of CPEC. Pakistan Establishment also has no any intention to do so, don't forget Pakistan is ally of USA. All are funny rumors to troll Indian.
It depends on how India behaves. We have been trying to be peaceful to these Hindu fanatics for a long time. I seriously think Pakistan is considering Chinese base in Gwadar, US had been moving closer to India, they need to send a message.

Back
Top Bottom