What's new

US renews bonds with Pakistan Army

Transactions can never be "bonds" - they are by nature transitory.

Who invited you for an opinion??
do u live in Pakistan?? Do you know about Pakistani politics?? Are you a Pakistani??

Come on guys give him a break. This a forum to discuss issues openly. Do you want to ban all non-Pakistani posters ? or Do you want to ban non-Pakistani posters commenting on Pakistan's internal matters ?

The majority of Pakistanis including me have favorable view of Pakistan Army.Pakistan Army is made up of Pakistanis as well and it is working for safety of common civilian.Just few days ago 5 soldiers died.If Pakistan had not existed Taliban would be ruling whole Pakistan today.There might be few corrupt people but i love Pakistan Army!

All propaganda machinery in Pakistan is vying for a millitary take over from civillian rule. Wow .. With the support to millitary on PDF in particular, it look that generals can come in to power not only by a coup but democratically as well!

Pakistan has weaker civilian institutions and that is why Indians always want civilians in Pakistan, so Pakistan can be weak. Civilian institutions will grow stronger with additional re-elections, but the country cannot be left at the mercy of the politicians. Though as the Prophet said in the hadees that there will be muslims that will side with the Kafirs, so I do see the Indian muslims today, which validates the hadees. Putting an avatar in arabic in not going to reduce your love and affection for India and hindus.

Civilian and military government is Pakistan's internal affair, so I am not sure why the Indians even bother to give comments.

if we are not getting Apaches of 1 billion this will be useless package even if we get cobras which is old technology

The AH-1Z is regarded in the top tier of attack helo's.
Even the upgraded Ah-1F is a formidable helo in its own right.

Though as the Prophet said in the hadees that there will be muslims that will side with the Kafirs, so I do see the Indian muslims today, which validates the hadees. Putting an avatar in arabic in not going to reduce your love and affection for India and hindus.
I have nicked named them "india pride crowd"..

PA interested in Scan Eagle UAV? Scan eagle must be in the list.

Pakistan has weaker civilian institutions and that is why Indians always want civilians in Pakistan, so Pakistan can be weak. Civilian institutions will grow stronger with additional re-elections, but the country cannot be left at the mercy of the politicians. Though as the Prophet said in the hadees that there will be muslims that will side with the Kafirs, so I do see the Indian muslims today, which validates the hadees. Putting an avatar in arabic in not going to reduce your love and affection for India and hindus.

Civilian and military government is Pakistan's internal affair, so I am not sure why the Indians even bother to give comments.

It looks like despite my explanation in last post on this thread, on PDF :

Apnay Bhi Khafa Mujh Say Baiganay Bhi Na Khush
Main Zehar-e-Halahal Ko Kabhi Keh Na Saka Qand:P

Iqbal​

Perhaps because they want the same mess of Pakistan to continue... Their very survival depends on the status quo...

Dear All,

My comments are not in favour of present civillian leadership but an endorsement that present setup of GoP is unsatisfactory for people of Pakistan. It need to be changed but not through millitary dictators like Gen. (Retd.)Musharraf. Zardari kind of of 'sold-out' politicians would not serve Pakistan.

Take help of millitary to conduct a free and fare election and a stable civillian government. Not otherwise! Where millitary generals throw the leaders like zardari, out in Arabian sea. Change must be democratic.

Fighter

You don't need to worry about Pakistan....better to worry about India...Where more than Pakistan peoples are living below poority level.

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 02-Nov-2010

Jane's Defence Weekly

US military aid to Pakistan linked to anti-terrorism efforts

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent - Islamabad

US demands for a Pakistani counter-terrorism campaign in a region bordering Afghanistan will be the driving force behind acquisitions made under a USD2 billion military aid package agreed last month, a senior Pakistan foreign ministry official has told Jane's .

On 29 October, Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar told Jane's that funds would be allocated after a consultation with the army, navy and air force. "We have asked the armed forces to present their needs. No final decision has yet been taken on exactly what types of arms will be purchased," Mukhtar said.

However, the foreign ministry official said the US had insisted that the majority of the military aid package, announced on 21 October at the US-Pakistan strategic dialogue in Washington DC, would support counter-terrorism activities.

US officials have made repeated calls for the Pakistani military to launch a major campaign in North Waziristan. Washington believes that the region, which borders Afghanistan, is a safe haven for Al-Qaeda militants and the Taliban.

"The Americans are keen on the border areas more than anything else. It is the fight in this area which the Americans feel will make all the difference in the world to their own campaign in Afghanistan," the official said, adding: "The pressure for a campaign in the border areas will probably become the main driver for the US when it consults Pakistan on new hardware purchases."

In a related development, three Lockheed Martin F-16C/D version Block 52 fighter aircraft were delivered to Pakistan on 30 October, with two more expected to arrive this week.

With the arrivals, Pakistan will have received nine of 18 new F-16s, purchased from the US in a deal worth USD1.4 billion. Pakistan had agreed to buy 36 new F-16s but halved its request, citing financial circumstances. Defence officials expect deliveries to be completed by February or March 2011.

Back
Top Bottom