What's new

US provided $ 6.5 million for training of voters in Pakistan: State deptt

It wont have impact or effect!! Tabdeely aaye gi naheee! Aachuki haai!! :pakistan:

Sir, India is a Democracy for 65 years, even than when it comes to General Elections, common populace has to be taught how to vote, there are crores among them who are first time voters. I an educated person, asked atleast 2-3 elders before going for my first vote. Imagine, than how an illiterate will be completely lost as to what to do when they come to vote.

Training is an IMPORTANT phase of any elections, a nation can't ignore it if it wants to make elections successful.

As far as US is concerned, who is asking Pakistan to take the money from it on the first place?? I am sure if the GoP have sufficient funds they are not being forced by Americans to take that money.

But, one has to accept the fact that under current economic conditions, Pakistan simply lack the funds.

So, America becomes a NECESSARY EVIL for Pakistan. You might hate it, but you can't change it.

What you said is right, there is no denying that.

But what I was trying to point out is that when the feudal overlord asks for a vote then there is nothing anyone can do about it. That voter needs no further training than to point out his king's "symbol".

The fund is for election process to go smoothly and the training is for voting process. Not related to changing the mind set of voters.

Mindset refers to the usual slave-oriented mentality of never thinking beyond the feudal badshaahat. A slave will always have to vote for his master or there can be serious consequences.

Second, most parties will use target funding as an excuse for their loss. "We lost because Amreeka was supporting our opponent."

That sort of thing.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom