What's new

US Prepared to Cooperate With India ‘as never before’

C-17 have also been done with and ceased production as of 2015.

As I wrote on other thread regarding Indian C-17 order. The best bet would be to acquire surplus C-17 (If the USAF offered any), all the C-17 in US service are currently active deployed, so at this moment the number of surplus C-17 is 0

Another way I can see is for India to order enough or drastic number to pop up the production line, there would also be an outside chance that they will move the production line to India if that is the case

Even F404 engine production have been stopped, so now what will happens.

C-17 production could be started again, if you have the substantial order.

Wow, that is hard to respond to. The 'War on Terror' is THE driving core of American foreign and military policy. A new Cold War with Russia is fast becoming a close second, but the fight against terrorism is the all consuming security issue from Afghanistan to San Bernardino, California. It drives everything from new weapons procurement to debates over GITMO, to American intervention against ISIS/IS down to how police officers are being trained in America's cities. Those that think otherwise are the gullible, taken in by hair-brained conspiracy theories and over thinking what is far more simple, and right in front of them. They just keep looking for something more complicated and sinister....that isn't there. As for Pakistan going into the "China camp", we really don't care. China is not our enemy. Indeed, China is America's biggest trading partner and financial partner. Neither China or America is stupid enough to bungle into a conflict with each other. It would be a disaster for both countries. Russia, is America's biggest strategic concern, followed by Iran. Our minor disputes with China pale by comparison.

So you invade Iraq for "war on terror" ? :cheesy:

You invade Libiya for "war on terror" ? :lol:

What "terror" existed there ? What 'terror' did they export ? ZERO.

ISIS is the Result of you "war on terror". It a product of your invasion of Iraq. A rallying call of the desperate people who's civilization and society you destroyed.

Ireland had more terror back in the days, how many times did you invade Ireland ? You supported Chechnian terrorists against Russia.

Sure Saddam and Gadaffi were @ssholes, no more than the Saudi monarchs who fund these "terror". No more than pakistani Generals who plan and kill American soldiers everyday in Afghanistan.

US just needs "war" to finance your economy and fund your MII. You have ZERO interest in "terror" except when it acts against your immediate interests.

Your claim is absurd on so many levels that it is pointless to even talk about it.

Maybe you need to educate the Pentagon about who is really your "biggest enemy" :P They seem all confused.

China deemed biggest threat to U.S. - Washington Times

Russia today plays second fiddle to China. But feel free to claim otherwise. Your simple minded explanations might be good enough for pakistanis, but the rest of the world will have a hard time believing anything you say.

Last edited:
So you invade Iraq for "war on terror" ? :cheesy:

You invade Libiya for "war on terror" ? :lol:

What "terror" existed there ? What 'terror' did they export ? ZERO.
Iraq? None to the US and a war that was a clear mistake. Libya? Plenty; you know, the Libya that blew an American airliner full of college kids out of the sky. The Libya that blew a French airliner out of the sky. The Libya that served as a training organization for every terrorist group from the PLO to the PLFP to Basque separatists to the Moro National Liberation Front. But to be specific, what you are really talking about is America's highly misguided effort at supporting the so-called "Arab Spring". Now I did not support that policy, but yes, it very MUCH had to do with terrorism. The idea, mistaken as it was, that IF the Arab world could transition to representative democracy, that it would dry up the sea that terrorists swim in. It's the same reason my country naively believed it could "nation build" tribal Afghanistan into a representative government. I thought and still think it foolish, but there it is.

ISIS is the Result of you "war on terror". It a product of your invasion of Iraq. A rallying call of the desperate people who's civilization and society you destroyed.

Ireland had more terror back in the days, how many times did you invade Ireland ? You supported Chechnian terrorists against Russia.
ISIS no doubt filled the vacuum but it has as much to do with what has been happening all over the Muslim world, whether America was involved or not. As to Ireland....uh, the IRA didn't target the US or anyone other than the British, so yes, you caught us; we didn't invade Ireland. :lol: As to Chechnya, thank you for making my point about Russia being are primary strategic enemy.

Perhaps you should try a source more recent than half a decade ago...

Military leaders name Russia as top threat to U.S. - Washington Times

Russia today plays second fiddle to China. But feel free to claim otherwise. Your simple minded explanations might be good enough for pakistanis, but the rest of the world will have a hard time believing anything you say.
I could care less what you believe. You have your imaginary world view set and nothing will dissuade you. America is in the midst of a vigorous presidential campaign and when Pakistan has come up, 90% of the time, it is in regard to the War on Terror. Maybe 10% of the time, it might have to do with India. 0% of the time, does fear of Pakistan going into the "China camp" come up. I've never heard a single candidate even bring it up. We just don't care about that. What they DO talk about is the war on terror, the war on terror, and the war on terror, then Russia, Iran, and down the list....China and her obsession with island building. Now I suppose you can convince yourself that the reason all these presidential candidates talk about this is all part of one, complicated, gigantic conspiracy to delude the American public from finding out our REAL concern with Pakistan, becoming a closer ally with China, but pardon me if I know that to be a rather juvenile notion.

Last edited:
Even F404 engine production have been stopped, so now what will happens.

C-17 production could be started again, if you have the substantial order.

Never heard of F404 series being stopped. In fact, the Korean TA-50 uses F404-102. And Volvo uses License F404 RM-12 engine for their Gripen. If both aircraft are in production, I can't see why F404 has ended production.

C-17 production can be restarted, but the order have to be drastic. Like 50+.

Never heard of F404 series being stopped. In fact, the Korean TA-50 uses F404-102. And Volvo uses License F404 RM-12 engine for their Gripen. If both aircraft are in production, I can't see why F404 has ended production.

F404 evoloved to F414

Aero Volvo license produces RM-12 ,
TA/50 evolved in FA-50 with F414 engine
LCA Tejas -- Total number of F404 engine ordered was 44 and was long delivered for the prototype, and serial production of LCA MK-1, PV, TDs, Trainer, and Naval MK-1 variant.

C-17 production can be restarted, but the order have to be drastic. Like 50+.

Sorry 12 nos sir.

F404 evoloved to F414

Aero Volvo license produces RM-12 ,
TA/50 evolved in FA-50 with F414 engine
LCA Tejas -- Total number of F404 engine ordered was 44 and was long delivered for the prototype, and serial production of LCA MK-1, PV, TDs, Trainer, and Naval MK-1 variant.

RM-12 is the licensed production of F404-GE102.....You need GE/Boeing and US Government permission to buy RM12 engine

If I remember correctly, only F/A-50 may use F414, TA-50 still uses F404, well, it better be because Samsung licensed a few hundred of those....And TA-50 are basically a different fighter than F/A-50

LCA uses F404-IN20 Engine.

Sorry 12 nos sir.

I don't think an order of 12 will reopen the plants, the plants is closed, not just production is finished...

Iraq? None to the US and a war that was a clear mistake. Libya? Plenty; you know, the Libya that blew an American airliner full of college kids out of the sky. The Libya that blew a French airliner out of the sky. The Libya that served as a training organization for every terrorist group from the PLO to the PLFP to Basque separatists to the Moro National Liberation Front. But to be specific, what you are really talking about is America's highly misguided effort at supporting the so-called "Arab Spring". Now I did not support that policy, but yes, it very MUCH had to do with terrorism. The idea, mistaken as it was, that IF the Arab world could transition to representative democracy, that it would dry up the sea that terrorists swim in. It's the same reason my country naively believed it could "nation build" tribal Afghanistan into a representative government. I thought and still think it foolish, but there it is.

LOL.... you invaded Libya because they blew up an airliner ? US blew up an Iranian Airline killing 290 civilians And you have the audacity to point fingers ? You did not even have the decency to apologize to Iran.

Israel blew up Libyan Airline too, how come you did not invade Israel ? :cheesy:

CIA blew up Air India Flight 101 killing 117 passengers just to kill our leading Nuclear scientist Homi Baba.

In 1955 CIA blew up Air India constellation airline "Kashmir Princess" in an attempt to kill Chinese PremierZhou Enlai who was expected to be on board. Only it ended up killing 16 civilians.

Do I even have to provide a LONG List of Terrorits CIA and US has trained and unleashed on the world ? From Piazza Fontana Bombing, to assassination of General Rene Schneider to training to terrorists in Nicaragua, to Jundallah in Iran to Khalistani Terrorists to Insurgencies in Africa to Middle East.

And you have the audacity to point fingers at Libya ?

It a shame that the US did not try to establish Democracy in Saudi Arabia before claiming to bring democracy in Afghanistan. :P

I hardly think you can claim US is "Naive" and blame it all on your "misguided attempts" :lol: ..... as I said, not too many around the world will buy such cr@p.

ISIS no doubt filled the vacuum but it has as much to do with what has been happening all over the Muslim world, whether America was involved or not. As to Ireland....uh, the IRA didn't target the US or anyone other than the British, so yes, you caught us; we didn't invade Ireland. :lol: As to Chechnya, thank you for making my point about Russia being are primary strategic enemy.

Pretty much all problems in the Muslim world is DIRECTLY linked to the US interfering in their political process to keep dictators and Kings in power. ........... you think the rest of the world do not see that ?

Perhaps you should try a source more recent than half a decade ago...

Military leaders name Russia as top threat to U.S. - Washington Times
Oh well, you seem to have identified both as threats. :P ...... this is a more recent source. Congratulations.

Russia and China pose largest security threats, says US military report | US news | The Guardian

I could care less what you believe. You have your imaginary world view set and nothing will dissuade you. America is in the midst of a vigorous presidential campaign and when Pakistan has come up, 90% of the time, it is in regard to the War on Terror. Maybe 10% of the time, it might have to do with India. 0% of the time, does fear of Pakistan going into the "China camp" come up. I've never heard a single candidate even bring it up. We just don't care about that. What they DO talk about is the war on terror, the war on terror, and the war on terror, then Russia, Iran, and down the list....China and her obsession with island building. Now I suppose you can convince yourself that the reason all these presidential candidates talk about this is all part of one, complicated, gigantic conspiracy to delude the American public from finding out our REAL concern with Pakistan, becoming a closer ally with China, but pardon me if I know that to be a rather juvenile notion.

LOL..... how does it matter what your Presidential candidates talk about ?

Its not as if the general US public is knowledgeable enough or even interested enough in what happens outside their border.

I am not even sure why you are talking about it :cheesy:

RM-12 is the licensed production of F404-GE102.....You need GE/Boeing and US Government permission to buy RM12 engine

If I remember correctly, only F/A-50 may use F414, TA-50 still uses F404, well, it better be because Samsung licensed a few hundred of those....And TA-50 are basically a different fighter than F/A-50

LCA uses F404-IN20 Engine.

I don't think an order of 12 will reopen the plants, the plants is closed, not just production is finished...

What if we order ~30 more ?
IAF doesn't want any more IL76s, and A400M is not in the class of Il76 and C17s. The option left is C17s.

LOL.... you invaded Libya because they blew up an airliner ? US blew up an Iranian Airline killing 290 civilians And you have the audacity to point fingers ? You did not even have the decency to apologize to Iran.
We invaded Libya? :lol: Care to provide any proof of that? We DID provide assistance to anti-Ghaddafi forces but in fact, I pointed out specifically that we did NOT do so because of Libyan support for terrorism, but as part of our support for the so-called "Arab Spring". I will just assume that you either didn't actually read what I wrote or simply chose to ignore it. I was just refuting your assertion that Libya was not a a state that had provided support for terrorism, which was patently false. As to the Iranian airliner, I assume you know the moral difference between mistaking an airliner for an enemy aircraft in the middle of what was a battle with Iranian forces, and deliberately planting a bomb on an airliner to target civilians? Let me guess, you think the US knew it was shooting down an airliner, i.e., more delusional conspiracies?

CIA blew up Air India Flight 101 killing 117 passengers just to kill our leading Nuclear scientist Homi Baba.
OK, I get it now. You really ARE one of these conspiracy loons! You mean the Air India flight that every reputable investigator concluded crashed as the result of a misunderstood verbal command with ATC?

I need not go on in a point-by-point rebuttle of what is clearly off topic.

Pretty much all problems in the Muslim world is DIRECTLY linked to the US interfering in their political process to keep dictators and Kings in power. ........... you think the rest of the world do not see that ?
I think much of the rest of the world is full of bravado but in reality are whiny little pussies that constantly blame America for the state of their shit-hole countries that are the product of their own failures to actually LEAD them.

LOL..... how does it matter what your Presidential candidates talk about ?
It matters in pointing out what the people who live in reality and want to know what their potential leaders really think about what are the REAL threats to America and not some conspiracy laden fantasy tales.

I am not even sure why you are talking about it :cheesy:
To point out your near total ignorance of what is ACTUALLY America's strategic concerns as opposed to your juvenile view of it.

Listen, I can see you are one of these delusional, "blame America for all the troubles of the world" guys so it is rather pointless to go on with you. There is not a single productive thing that can come of any further conversation with someone like you. It's just a waste of my time. Good day.

Last edited:
What if we order ~30 more ?
IAF doesn't want any more IL76s, and A400M is not in the class of Il76 and C17s. The option left is C17s.

I would say if you order 30 or so, you can probably negotiate with Boeing to have a production plants in India, of course you will have to pay extra for it. You are probably looking at 2 - 3 billions extra for the facilities.

Which mean if you are talking about the reopening of Long Island plants, you are probably looking at 45 - 50 C-17, before Boeing have any profit, so roughly saying you will need to order at least 50 + C-17 for that to happens (Which will cost you anywhere between 10-12 billions @210mil each)

A long refit of Jalashwa was completed some time ago which replaced some American subsystems (like radars and sensors ) because the Americans kept coming to check their systems regularly, fed up IN decided an early refit with Indian options.

Is it done? And how long was the refit? Till April 15 it was sitting docked and teeming away with usual mundane work!!!

Is it done? And how long was the refit? Till April 15 it was sitting docked and teeming away with usual mundane work!!!

I only got info that an Indian alternative radar and some sensors along with some other instruments were to be used to replace most of the American systems which caused an American team to have regular checkups while our men did different operations and trainings, and this didn't go down too well with our officials.

I think since I heard this about 1 year ago, the refit might have been completed.

Also there was subtancial proof that the speed and performance of vessel was not upto mark and it has forced the vessel to go for some small refits.

It was July last year when I heard that the performance and speed has been found satifactory.

It is a mere training platform as of now, so I don't think it will see active deployment, but have no idea about its present status.

But you forgot 6 Sea kings we received with Jalashwa.

How many are actually airworthy? There are no spares. Cannibalization has to be resorted to.

I only got info that an Indian alternative radar and some sensors along with some other instruments were to be used to replace most of the American systems which caused an American team to have regular checkups while our men did different operations and trainings, and this didn't go down too well with our officials.

I think since I heard this about 1 year ago, the refit might have been completed.

Also there was subtancial proof that the speed and performance of vessel was not upto mark and it has forced the vessel to go for some small refits.

It was July last year when I heard that the performance and speed has been found satifactory.

It is a mere training platform as of now, so I don't think it will see active deployment, but have no idea about its present status.

Your info is wrong. It was being planned to be taken for refit in may or june 15 ... that's the last I remember
And it is not a mere 'training' platform till the 6 LPDs on order are ready for op deployment .....

How many are actually airworthy? There are no spares. Cannibalization has to be resorted to.

At least for a couple of years all were flying.
None of my friend or my contacts have spotted SH3s upon any naval ship in the eastern command yet( or maybe they have received some new paintjobs thus making them look similar to our Westland seakings ).

So I think , few have been cannibalized and few are still operating from shores.

Your info is wrong. It was being planned to be taken for refit in may or june 15 ... that's the last I remember
And it is not a mere 'training' platform till the 6 LPDs on order are ready for op deployment .....

Maybe, maybe not. But about Indian alternative sensors, I heard about them way back from a reliable source , so they must have been fitted upon or maybe...

As for its purpose, well it will not see any active deployment, I can give a gurantee for that. And not 6, only 4 LHDs will be constructed initially.

We invaded Libya? :lol: Care to provide any proof of that? We DID provide assistance to anti-Ghaddafi forces but in fact, I pointed out specifically that we did NOT do so because of Libyan support for terrorism, but as part of our support for the so-called "Arab Spring". I will just assume that you either didn't actually read what I wrote or simply chose to ignore it. I was just refuting your assertion that Libya was not a a state that had provided support for terrorism, which was patently false. As to the Iranian airliner, I assume you know the moral difference between mistaking an airliner for an enemy aircraft in the middle of what was a battle with Iranian forces, and deliberately planting a bomb on an airliner to target civilians? Let me guess, you think the US knew it was shooting down an airliner, i.e., more delusional conspiracies?

It was the US Nato force that invaded libya. Oh wait, you call that "military intervention" :lol:

The destruction of Liyba by US-Nato had NOTHING to do with Terror, it had everything to do with Oil. It terror was the general idea there would already be an invasion of pakistan. You did find Osama Bin Laden tehre right ? Or did you ?

It is funny that you claim that shooting down the Iranian Airliner was a "mistake" yet US REFUSE to apologize to Iran for that "mistake". :cheesy: .

Funny because US was not at war with Iran or Iraq at that time. Funny because they were attacked insider Iranian airspace. Funny because the Airline was carrying CIVILIAN IFF.

Funny because the Captain of the ship that shot down the Iranian Civilian Aircraft Capt. Rogers was awarded the Legion of Merit decoration "for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding service as commanding officer in 1990 :lol:

Funny he was never court martialled for that "mistake".
OK, I get it now. You really ARE one of these conspiracy loons! You mean the Air India flight that every reputable investigator concluded crashed as the result of a misunderstood verbal command with ATC?

I need not go on in a point-by-point rebuttle of what is clearly off topic.

LOL.... what a shame you choose to gloss over the US history of "terror". This was your big chance to whip @ss and prove me wrong.

There however exists an interview by Gregory Douglas, a journalist,who interviewed CIA operative Robert Crowley, who actually admits to the CIA blowing up the Airline :angel: ........ maybe Robert Crowley or Gregory Douglas is the conspiracy loons ?

I think much of the rest of the world is full of bravado but in reality are whiny little pussies that constantly blame America for the state of their shit-hole countries that are the product of their own failures to actually LEAD them.

Oh well, what ever floats your boat.

It matters in pointing out what the people who live in reality and want to know what their potential leaders really think about what are the REAL threats to America and not some conspiracy laden fantasy tales.

To point out your near total ignorance of what is ACTUALLY America's strategic concerns as opposed to your juvenile view of it.

Listen, I can see you are one of these delusional, "blame America for all the troubles of the world" guys so it is rather pointless to go on with you. There is not a single productive thing that can come of any further conversation with someone like you. It's just a waste of my time. Good day.

Ya we get it, the rest of the world are "whiny little pussies" so no need to talk to them.

..... and I am a "conspiracy theorist" and "blame american" guy. I guess that means the debate is over :lol:

But running away is the best thing you can do. It will save you a lot of embarrassment and uncomfortable questions.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-24_17-27-19.png
    upload_2016-2-24_17-27-19.png
    389 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom