What's new

US Politics

118952611_375874890476675_3953650234507077304_n.jpg

2a43fec33dbb728c2c91a69535bb115e.jpg

Former Vice President Joe Biden's polling better than any challenger since 1936
Analysis by Harry Enten

Former Vice President Joe Biden is dominating President Donald Trump in the latest polls. No, the election is not over yet, and Trump still has a non-negligible chance of winning.

But a look through history reveals that Biden is in a better position at this point than any challenger since 1936, when the first scientific polls were taken in a presidential race.

The ABC News/Washington Post poll released on Sunday was the latest poll to indicate Biden's strength. Biden led Trump by a 55% to 43% margin among likely voters. The poll was the third high quality national poll published this week that had Biden up by at least 10 points and above 50%. The other two being from CNN/SSRS and Fox News.

Indeed, the average of polls has Biden at around 52% or 53% and up by somewhere between 10 and 11 points. This is an unprecedented position for a challenger with a mere 23 days to go until Election Day.

In the 21 previous presidential elections since 1936, there have only been five challengers who led at this time. Of those five, only one (Bill Clinton in 1992) was ahead by more than 5 points. None of those five were earning more than 48% of the vote in the polls.

In other words, Biden is the first challenger to be above 50% at this late juncture in the campaign. Read more

Great VP debate, compared to the last disaster thanks to the ignorant orange monkey.

Give it to Kamala Harris without a doubt. She tore it up and took Pence on and clearly had the much better night. Can't make too much of an argument about it the way this administration has handled almost every single thing, especially the pandemic and the racism. Good job by her tonight.

I think Mike Pence clearly did better. He even attacked her record as a DA which she could not answer back to. He outclassed her on many topics including trade, fracking (important in PA/Ohio), economy, and set the record straight on coronavirus.

Trump will likely win in 2020, GOP voter registration has been surging in key swing states and that could very well help him win the electoral college again.

PA is likely the state that will determine the next President. Voter registration trends favor Republicans in critical counties that were lost by Hillary. If Biden loses in PA it is likely over for him.

Don't believe the bs polls again, look at actual voter registration data which favors the GOP in 6 swing states.

Last edited:
I think Mike Pence clearly did better. He even attacked her record as a DA which she could not answer back to. He outclassed her on many topics including trade, fracking (important in PA/Ohio), economy, and set the record straight on coronavirus.

You must've been watching a completely different debate than everyone else. She set him straight on the fracking and that Biden never was against it an she destroyed him on the economy pointing out all the credit Pence and the buffoon are touting about was because they inherited what Obama and Joe Biden gave them and reveled in that success. That was one of the best moments in the debate and let's not go down the Coronavirus road. That's a losing record even if Big Bird was arguing against Pence!

Trump will likely win in 2020, GOP voter registration has been surging in key swing states and that could very well help him win the electoral college again.

Anything is possible. I just wouldn't be so sure like that, considering the way things are going.

PA is likely the state that will determine the next President. Voter registration trends favor Republicans in critical counties that were lost by Hillary. If Biden loses in PA it is likely over for him.

I think Iowa is more important since no president has ever won the election without winning Iowa or is it Ohio? One of those I forget, but we shall see.

Don't believe the bs polls again, look at actual voter registration data which favors the GOP in 6 swing states.

The polls actually were exactly on spot last election because by the time Comey came out with all the BS, Hillary's numbers started plummeting that by election day, she was only leading by 2 points if I'm not mistaken. So those numbers are actually good to go by only you need to account for the margin of error.

The donkey is gonna need a lot more than just new Republican voter registration in swing states because there are still more people registered as Democrats than Republicans in the critical battleground states of Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

And in North Carolina, actually, Democrats have outpaced Republicans by about 63,000 in new voters registration and the interesting thing happening this election is that many of the new voters who are registering for the first time because of their age, are doing so as non-partisan because it's much cooler and they don't want the affiliation BUT, what they do is look at everything that is happening in Washington and in their respective states etc. and for the most part, it's not tough to see the mess and the chaos and the lack of acting on COVID and so that demographic tends to end up voting overwhelmingly democrat.

"The truth of the matter is it's sort of in vogue to be unaffiliated. They look at what's going on in Washington and partisan gridlock and breakdown, and there's just not a real reason to register as an affiliated if you're coming out of college and coming out of high school, it's just not really the cool thing to do," said Jackson. "But the truth is, when they go to the ballot box, we see them overwhelmingly choosing sides for Democrats."

If you read the rest of the article, it will show you more gains by Democrats overall but certainly some states like Arizona still showing Republican strength in numbers and it'll come down to some of the other states like Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Texas.

View attachment 678522

Former Vice President Joe Biden's polling better than any challenger since 1936
Analysis by Harry Enten

Former Vice President Joe Biden is dominating President Donald Trump in the latest polls. No, the election is not over yet, and Trump still has a non-negligible chance of winning.

But a look through history reveals that Biden is in a better position at this point than any challenger since 1936, when the first scientific polls were taken in a presidential race.

The ABC News/Washington Post poll released on Sunday was the latest poll to indicate Biden's strength. Biden led Trump by a 55% to 43% margin among likely voters. The poll was the third high quality national poll published this week that had Biden up by at least 10 points and above 50%. The other two being from CNN/SSRS and Fox News.

Indeed, the average of polls has Biden at around 52% or 53% and up by somewhere between 10 and 11 points. This is an unprecedented position for a challenger with a mere 23 days to go until Election Day.

In the 21 previous presidential elections since 1936, there have only been five challengers who led at this time. Of those five, only one (Bill Clinton in 1992) was ahead by more than 5 points. None of those five were earning more than 48% of the vote in the polls.

In other words, Biden is the first challenger to be above 50% at this late juncture in the campaign. Read more
I've deeply suspicious of polls since 2016. Regardless of what the polls say or don't say, make sure you vote. No excuses. You can sacrifice a day every four years to vote.

That being said, I think voting day should be a national holiday.

You must've been watching a completely different debate than everyone else. She set him straight on the fracking and that Biden never was against it an she destroyed him on the economy pointing out all the credit Pence and the buffoon are touting about was because they inherited what Obama and Joe Biden gave them and reveled in that success. That was one of the best moments in the debate and let's not go down the Coronavirus road. That's a losing record even if Big Bird was arguing against Pence!

Anything is possible. I just wouldn't be so sure like that, considering the way things are going.

I think Iowa is more important since no president has ever won the election without winning Iowa or is it Ohio? One of those I forget, but we shall see.

The polls actually were exactly on spot last election because by the time Comey came out with all the BS, Hillary's numbers started plummeting that by election day, she was only leading by 2 points if I'm not mistaken. So those numbers are actually good to go by only you need to account for the margin of error.

The donkey is gonna need a lot more than just new Republican voter registration in swing states because there are still more people registered as Democrats than Republicans in the critical battleground states of Florida, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

And in North Carolina, actually, Democrats have outpaced Republicans by about 63,000 in new voters registration and the interesting thing happening this election is that many of the new voters who are registering for the first time because of their age, are doing so as non-partisan because it's much cooler and they don't want the affiliation BUT, what they do is look at everything that is happening in Washington and in their respective states etc. and for the most part, it's not tough to see the mess and the chaos and the lack of acting on COVID and so that demographic tends to end up voting overwhelmingly democrat.

"The truth of the matter is it's sort of in vogue to be unaffiliated. They look at what's going on in Washington and partisan gridlock and breakdown, and there's just not a real reason to register as an affiliated if you're coming out of college and coming out of high school, it's just not really the cool thing to do," said Jackson. "But the truth is, when they go to the ballot box, we see them overwhelmingly choosing sides for Democrats."

If you read the rest of the article, it will show you more gains by Democrats overall but certainly some states like Arizona still showing Republican strength in numbers and it'll come down to some of the other states like Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Texas.

[/QUOTE]

Biden on fracking

Many of those "registered Democrats" actually vote Republican, southwest PA has a lot of registered Democrats but it votes solid red, same is true for western parts of NC, and northern parts of Florida.

If you actually read the reports the GOP is beating the Democrats in new voter registration in PA, Wisconsin, Michigan, and NC. It is a fact that PA, Wisconsin, MI, and NC are all redder than they were in 2016 and less blue. Again there are many "registered Democrats" that actually vote Republican because they are socially conservative.

The fact the GOP is "narrowing" the gap is further proof these states are less blue than they were in 2016. Many Democrats have left the party and now registered as Republicans.

NC Trending red: https://www.smokymountainnews.com/a...nd-in-party-registration-could-sink-democrats

Swing states trending red: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-voter-registration-gains-key-battleground-states

You don't speak for "everyone else", you're the same person who thought Hillary was going to win and Hillary won in the debates. You don't even know how to analyze a debate. Mike Pence dismantled Kamala she had nothing to stand on.

Even international correspondents have weighed in on that debate and are more neutral observers.

I saw in a news that white Supremacists try to Kidnap and execute the Governor of Michigan ,they also have plans to kill cops to start civil war ?

@RabzonKhan @Hamartia Antidote is that true ?

That's what the governor of Michigan is claiming. Don't know if it's true or a gross exaggeration made for political purposes -- she is a Democrat, after all.

Nevertheless, if Trump loses the election, I would not be surprised if there was an uptick of violence by such groups, especially if the election is close. Whites are losing demographically and economically to other groups, and such dislocations always cause social upheavals.

The new administration will reallocate resources to fight these new forces, meaning that the war on terrorism will go from beyond US borders to within them.

That's what the governor of Michigan is claiming. Don't know if it's true or a gross exaggeration made for political purposes -- she is a Democrat, after all.

so you are saying FBI fake the whole raid and arresting 13 members who's pictures were given to Media ?

I don’t care what political party she belongs to. Some of those militia men are nuts

they are scary bro, they are armed and wiling to use their guns , I mean i would run if i see them in a protest or walmart or any store haha
but kidnaping the Governor and plot to kill police its just nuts , and for what ? to start a Civil war ? like its a fcuking COD game :mad:

tenor.gif

More people watched Biden on ABC than Trump on NBC, MSNBC and CNBC

Joe Biden's town hall on ABC averaged 14.1 million viewers on Thursday night, easily surpassing the Nielsen ratings for President Trump's town hall on NBC.
That alone was a result virtually no one in the TV business expected. And that's not even the most surprising part.

The Trump town hall was simulcast by two of NBC's cable channels, MSNBC and CNBC, but even when those channels are included in the total, Biden -- on only one network -- still prevailed.

The Trump town hall averaged 10.9 million viewers on the NBC broadcast network. On MSNBC, Trump reached 1.8 million viewers, and on CNBC, about 720,000 viewers. So Trump's gross audience across the three channels was 13.5 million, still fewer than Biden's audience on ABC alone.

Staffers at ABC News privately admitted to their surprise about the ratings victory. And Biden allies wondered if Trump would react angrily.

In the run-up to Thursday night, the Trump campaign embraced the popular ratings narrative and predicted that Trump would outrate Biden. Trump campaign senior adviser Jason Miller said "we're gonna have a much bigger audience than Joe."

After Thursday night's Nielsen data showed the opposite, Biden campaign national press secretary TJ Ducklo tweeted, "Turns out more people last night were interested in watching a leader with a clear plan to get this pandemic under control and Americans back to work, than the same combative, chaotic liar whose incompetence got us into this mess — regardless of how many channels he was on."
Read more

I've deeply suspicious of polls since 2016. Regardless of what the polls say or don't say, make sure you vote. No excuses. You can sacrifice a day every four years to vote.

That being said, I think voting day should be a national holiday.
I couldn’t agree more, I don’t mix polls with voting. I consider voting a civic duty and my voting record is almost 100%, yes, I’m a voting freak:D. Unlike the Republican run states where they do everything to suppress voting, especially minority votes. Fortunately, I live in the great State of Washington where it is convenient and easier to vote. And I do not have to take a day off. Our state conducts elections by mail, voter receive a ballot at their designated mailing addresses normally two weeks before the election, one can return ballot by official drop box, by mail or in person.

I agree, Voting day should be a national holiday, Democrats House did pass a resolution to make voting day a national holiday but the Republican controlled Senate rejected it.

I saw in a news that white Supremacists try to Kidnap and execute the Governor of Michigan ,they also have plans to kill cops to start civil war ?

@RabzonKhan @Hamartia Antidote is that true ?
That is correct, according to the FBI, there was a “plot by extremist groups (racist terrorists) to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer also involved a “plan to target and kill police.”

The sin of the Gov. Gretchen was that she believes in science and was following CDC (a federal agency) guidelines, on the other hand, the terrorist who wanted to kidnap and kill her believe in the Dark Ages.

Unfortunately, we have a lawless corrupt president who encourages and supports racist terrorists.

The tweet says it all:

But despite of all the BS going on, there will not be any civil war, racist terrorists do not have the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom