What's new

US Politics

a69cff67c514882146d39e56352b5e21.jpg

General Mattis spoke out after Trump threatened to deploy military to American cities. I totally agree his words are true. Trump is a big fat lousy failure, he failed to handle the coronavirus crisis in early months of pandemic and because of his failure more than 110,000 Americans are dead, while the economic toll so far has left more than 40 million people out of work. He once again miserably failed to cope with the aftermath over the abhorrent murder of George Floyd at the hands of racist Minneapolis police officers.

James Mattis Speaks Out

The former secretary of defense broke his silence, denouncing President Donald Trump.

“I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” Mattis writes. “The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.” He goes on, “We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”

In his j’accuse, Mattis excoriates the president for setting Americans against one another.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

He goes on to contrast the American ethos of unity with Nazi ideology. “Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that ‘The Nazi slogan for destroying us … was “Divide and Conquer.” Our American answer is “In Union there is Strength.”’ We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.” Read more

You know, when every single reputable individual from Tillerson to Mattis to Kelly to, well, I don't know how reputable Bolton is lol but the way they're trying to block his book so badly is just evidence that it essentially trashes the orange baboon to the max, especially the part where he says that not one single decision was made while he was there was done without recognizing how it would affect his reelection lol wow, is not surprising the degree of narcissism in that. While of course the others called him a moron to all sort of other degrading "compliments" are really not surprising.

And YAAAAAY, DACA recipients a win for all you folks congratulations and surprisingly from this tilted SCOTUS nonetheless!!! 5-4 against it we all know where that lowlife Kavanaugh sided with. :enjoy:

How about when he claimed he was "inspecting" the bunker LMFAO and then his puppet Barr goes on some network I forget to save his *** on how they had to use force to clear the demonstrators out of there because "when the secret service recommends you go to the bunker for safety"......LOLLLL! What a backfire that was. But then again, we've become so immune to the incredible lies coming from this POS ooof.

Oh and how about the part in Bolton's book where he claims that the orange baboon told President Xi of China that "it's the right thing to build concentration camps for the Chinese Muslims"? We've known this POS was severely racist against Muslims for a long time and this is not surprising. Not once did he wish American Muslims anything regarding a happy Ramadan or happy Eid. Not once! That is truly a PIECE OF S**T.

You know, when every single reputable individual from Tillerson to Mattis to Kelly to, well, I don't know how reputable Bolton is lol but the way they're trying to block his book so badly is just evidence that it essentially trashes the orange baboon to the max, especially the part where he says that not one single decision was made while he was there was done without recognizing how it would affect his reelection lol wow, is not surprising the degree of narcissism in that. While of course the others called him a moron to all sort of other degrading "compliments" are really not surprising.

And YAAAAAY, DACA recipients a win for all you folks congratulations and surprisingly from this tilted SCOTUS nonetheless!!! 5-4 against it we all know where that lowlife Kavanaugh sided with. :enjoy:

How about when he claimed he was "inspecting" the bunker LMFAO and then his puppet Barr goes on some network I forget to save his *** on how they had to use force to clear the demonstrators out of there because "when the secret service recommends you go to the bunker for safety"......LOLLLL! What a backfire that was. But then again, we've become so immune to the incredible lies coming from this POS ooof.

Oh and how about the part in Bolton's book where he claims that the orange baboon told President Xi of China that "it's the right thing to build concentration camps for the Chinese Muslims"? We've known this POS was severely racist against Muslims for a long time and this is not surprising. Not once did he wish American Muslims anything regarding a happy Ramadan or happy Eid. Not once! That is truly a PIECE OF S**T.
And you must have noticed the contradiction, on one hand he is tweeting Bolton’s book is made up of lies and fake stories” and on the other hand his government sued Bolton and charges that he violated the law by publishing classified information. :lol:

435.jpg

Trump held his flop rally amid the coronavirus pandemic. This just shows how incompetent, reckless, and egocentric he is, no wonder, United States is in such a big mess.

After the United States recorded its first case of coronavirus, Trump foolishly said the situation was “Totally Under Control” and “Going To Be Just Fine. After five months we all can see how things are “totally under control” and how fine things are:

More than 120,000 Americans are dead. (Highest in the world)

More than 2.3 million have the virus.

More than 45 million have lost their jobs.

More than 20 million are on unemployment benefit.

United States is in a coved-19 recession.

So far, United States has spent almost $ 7 trillion directly and indirectly to boost the economy, and all the benefits of those trillions will last till the end of July and if the government does not come up with another recovery package worth trillions then we’ll be in a worse situations that we are already in. The bad news is the economy may still take years to recover to the level it was before the virus.

The bottom line is, we all are suffering because Trump is incompetent loser, he has failed, BIGLY!

And you must have noticed the contradiction, on one hand he is tweeting Bolton’s book is made up of lies and fake stories” and on the other hand his government sued Bolton and charges that he violated the law by publishing classified information. :lol:

The sad part is he's not bright enough to realize that! Unbelievable. How pathetic of a human. And Bolton has been making his rounds unabashedly, promoting that book like crazy even sitting down with Wolf Blitzer and tearing the baboon another new one LOLOL! That must've really gnawed at his craw!! Bolton on CNN LOLOL! And how about that despicable tweet where he took the changed version of that CNN story of the two little kids (the white one and the black one) running and hugging each other? Did you see that? What a despicable POS that guy is.

And the stuff in Bolton's book is shocking but not surprising. He makes a critical observation -- aside from all the stupid and selfish stuff we all know about -- like when he compared how the president of the United States would make decisions when he was part of George Bush's administration and how they had meetings and the staff would share critical ideas and important decisions were made based on the intel and highly qualified people's opinions AND the president was also knowledgeable about the history of not just the US, but much of the world would take all these, his advisors' opinions and what they said and base his decision on all that solid information but what does this donkey do? He bases his decision on what some of his friends tell him!?!?!?!?! That just blew my mind. I mean, I knew he was an idiot, I think we all did and an egomaniac on top of it and never goes to any of the briefings or takes intel and good advice from qualified people because like he said in his own words, he knows more that all the generals combined! But I didn't think it was that bad that he would actually base critically important decision for the country and the world based on his friend's opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let that sink in if we want another 4 years of this disaster. Bolton knows for a fact that Putin plays him like a fiddle. He wants these other leaders to like him and that's sometimes more important to him that the decisions that help the United States. Just some really lowly stuff. Honestly, I don't think Biden has it in him to take this dangerous thug down. I hope he does, but he'll need to lower himself to a new low and be sure he doesn't stumble on his words and forget things and all that stuff because he does have a slight problem in that aspect. Let's hope and pray!

There goes the rule of law!

Trump campaign coordinated with Wikileaks through Trump’s long-term buddy Roger Stone. Jury convicted Stone of lying to Congress to protect Trump and corrupt President now commutes Stone’s sentence.

So now we have two laws, one for Trump’s criminal cronies and one for all other Americans.

Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence
By Shimon Prokupecz, Sara Murray, Kaitlan Collins and Katelyn Polantz, CNN

President Donald Trump on Friday commuted the prison sentence of his longtime friend Roger Stone, who was convicted of crimes that included lying to Congress in part, prosecutors said, to protect the President. The announcement came just days before Stone was set to report to a federal prison in Georgia.

Stone was convicted in November of seven charges -- including lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstructing a congressional committee proceeding -- as part of former special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation. Among the things he misled Congress about were his communications with Trump campaign officials -- communications that prosecutors said Stone hid out of his desire to protect Trump.

Trump's decision to commute the sentence of his friend and political adviser is the crescendo of a months-long effort to rewrite the history of the Mueller investigation. This has included selective declassification of intelligence materials, a ramped-up counter-investigation into the origins of the Russia probe and attempts to drop the case against Michael Flynn. The President has broad constitutional power to pardon or commute sentences. But Trump is unlike almost any other president in how he's used the power proactively to save political allies. Read more

The sad part is he's not bright enough to realize that! Unbelievable. How pathetic of a human. And Bolton has been making his rounds unabashedly, promoting that book like crazy even sitting down with Wolf Blitzer and tearing the baboon another new one LOLOL! That must've really gnawed at his craw!! Bolton on CNN LOLOL! And how about that despicable tweet where he took the changed version of that CNN story of the two little kids (the white one and the black one) running and hugging each other? Did you see that? What a despicable POS that guy is.

And the stuff in Bolton's book is shocking but not surprising. He makes a critical observation -- aside from all the stupid and selfish stuff we all know about -- like when he compared how the president of the United States would make decisions when he was part of George Bush's administration and how they had meetings and the staff would share critical ideas and important decisions were made based on the intel and highly qualified people's opinions AND the president was also knowledgeable about the history of not just the US, but much of the world would take all these, his advisors' opinions and what they said and base his decision on all that solid information but what does this donkey do? He bases his decision on what some of his friends tell him!?!?!?!?! That just blew my mind. I mean, I knew he was an idiot, I think we all did and an egomaniac on top of it and never goes to any of the briefings or takes intel and good advice from qualified people because like he said in his own words, he knows more that all the generals combined! But I didn't think it was that bad that he would actually base critically important decision for the country and the world based on his friend's opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let that sink in if we want another 4 years of this disaster. Bolton knows for a fact that Putin plays him like a fiddle. He wants these other leaders to like him and that's sometimes more important to him that the decisions that help the United States. Just some really lowly stuff. Honestly, I don't think Biden has it in him to take this dangerous thug down. I hope he does, but he'll need to lower himself to a new low and be sure he doesn't stumble on his words and forget things and all that stuff because he does have a slight problem in that aspect. Let's hope and pray!
That was really disgusting, turning such a heart touching story into a racist BS, it just goes to show Trump’s vile character. Good, Twitter slapped the tweet with a “manipulated media” label. Twitter labels “manipulated media” tweets (videos and images) that have been deceptively fabricated or altered. He is an embarrassment to our country and a disgrace to the office he holds.

You are right, the book shocks but does not surprise. Trump has always been self-focused opportunist where everything must be about him. There are numerous examples where he has put his personal political interest above the interest of United States:

His unwavering support for KGB thug and his contempt for the Western allies is helping the Russians to achieve their long-term goal of undermining transatlantic relationship and NATO. Pressuring Ukrainian President to open a false investigation against his political opponents’ son. Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital to please extremist Evangelicals and far right-wing Jews for their vote and donations.

Biden has called himself a “gaffe machine.” :D

But Biden gaffes do not look that bad if we compare them with Trump’s dangerous lies and misstatements, according to a Washington Post, Trump has so far made more than 18,000 false and misleading statements during his Presidency.

The good news is, Biden does not have to do much to take the thug down, Trump is doing a fine job undermining his own campaign.

Majority of Americans disapprove Trump’s disastrous handling of the coronavirus pandemic and race relations, after the brutal killing of George Floyd.

I do not see his 2016 playbook is going to work in 2020. Most Americans are sick and tired of his xenophobia, sexism, and his rhetoric to pit us against one another. Trump is one of the most incompetent president in our history, who has brought most deaths, economic collapse and corruption to our country.

Just for shit and giggles my family will vote Trump approx 10-12 votes. I need this clown to win to further my own agenda.

A bit long, but worth the read for American voters.

Biden’s Buy America Plan and Trump’s Sham Nationalism

This is what a serious industrial policy looks like, as opposed to hollow words.

BY ROBERT KUTTNER

President Trump took a whack at Joe Biden’s new economic plan, with its strong Buy American provisions. “He plagiarized it from me,” said Trump, in a sly reference to a controversy long ago when Biden borrowed some rhetoric from British leader Neil Kinnock.

In fact, Trump’s Buy American program is all talk and no action. The president has issued no fewer than four generalized executive orders intended to promote purchases of products made in America using government procurement. But no increased domestic procurement resulted. All of the follow up has been blocked by his own Office of Management and Budget and other cabinet departments in bed with multinational corporations.

In his first week in office, Trump signed an impressive sounding memo requiring the pipelines for his expanded gas and oil energy program to use steel and other materials made in the USA. There was zero follow up to implement the memo.

Even his order, in the midst of the pandemic, to rebuild domestic supply chains for urgently needed drugs and other medical equipment, came to nothing. “There has been no increase in domestic procurement since Trump took office,” says Scott Paul, president of the Association for American Manufacturing.

Here as elsewhere, Trump is all about symbolism, not about delivering. Under Trump, direct government contracts to foreign suppliers are actually up 30 percent.

A word about “Buy American.” This concept refers to several different pieces of legislation, which in practice are riddled with exceptions.

In theory and in law, if the federal government underwrites the cost of a local transit project, the steel for a bridge or the rail cars for a subway modernization, the project should be made in America. But there are several ways around this requirement.

The rebuilding of the Verrazzano Bridge straddling New York Harbor, for instance, was built with Chinese steel. There was plenty of American steel available. How did the Port Authority, sponsor of the project, evade Buy American provisions?

The authority argued that the bridge is mostly financed by tolls, ignoring the fact that its tax-exempt bonds are a federal subsidy. A government serious about Buy American would have insisted on American steel. Ours didn’t.

In addition, other construction materials, such as concrete and electronic components, are not even covered by Buy American requirements. (Technically, Buy America refers to a broad range of domestic government procurement and Buy American refers to defense procurement.)

The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority gets a mix of federal, state, and local funding. It is building new railcars made offshore, even though domestic suppliers
exist. Since money is fungible, WMATA argues that it is buying the cars with its non-federal funds. What’s needed, as Biden understands, are requirements that public agencies that get federal funds must buy American.

The original Buy American Act dates to 1933. Over the years, it has been riddled with exemptions, waivers, and weak enforcement. Buy America provisions have been inserted in laws authorizing federally subsidized infrastructure and defense spending but these are also more loophole than law.

The obsession with hyper-globalization has further weakened Buy American. In its trade deals under the World Trade Organization and in other trade agreements, administrations of both parties have voluntarily given up their right under U.S. law to give preference to U.S.-based companies in government procurement. According to a Government Accountability Office report requested by Sen. Tammy Baldwin, the U.S. opened up as much domestic government procurement to foreign supplies as the next five largest WTO member countries combined.

In part, there is also a chicken and egg problem. So much of U.S. industry has been hollowed out that when a local transit authority or defense weapons system is looking for a domestic supplier, either the supplier doesn’t exist, or it is a final assembly producer reliant on Chinese or Korean “partner” who is providing most of the value added.

This is what makes Biden’s plan so impressive. Not only does it close several loopholes. It specifically allocates $400 billion to domestic procurement, and another $300 billion to American industrial policy, so that there are domestic producers to rendezvous with government procurement contracts. And there is not a word of the usual bipartisan blather about the genius of free trade.

The plan is also admirably detailed, when it comes to closing specific loopholes in existing Buy America law and practice. For instance, current law allows products that are 51 percent domestic to be labeled Made in America. Current policy allows products created with government subsidized R&D to be invented and designed here but then manufactured offshore. Says Biden’s plan:

If companies benefit from taxpayer-funded research that leads to new products and profits, those products should be made in the U.S. or the company should reimburse the government for its support. The days of taxpayer benefits going to companies that seek to outsource jobs or avoid paying their fair share of taxes are over.

This is a revolutionary challenge, not just to Trump—but to decades of bipartisan trade policy that sold out American industry. If put into practice, Biden’s plan just might make American manufacturing great again. Source

417bc856b08f760fceae1cf2e87606f5.jpg

Just for shit and giggles my family will vote Trump approx 10-12 votes. I need this clown to win to further my own agenda.
Without any doubt, Trump is the most racist/Isamophobic President. It is disappointing to see a Pakistanis family would want to vote for a despicable man like him, but your vote, your choice.

View attachment 652173

Without any doubt, Trump is the most racist/Isamophobic President. It is disappointing to see a Pakistanis family would want to vote for a despicable man like him, but your vote, your choice.

There is a reason, he says what's on his mind, who he likes/dislikes is in the open. Muslims (aka. Pakistani's) ran like duffers to Obama twice because his alcoholic daddy was a Muslim; in the end he ended up doing more drone strikes on Pakistan that Bush; he screwed up North African Muslim countries. His VP Joe Biden wouldn't be any different, I rather vote for the wolf than a wolf in sheep clothing.

View attachment 652173

Trump is the most overtly racist and bigoted POTUS ever. Past POTUSes hid their racism and bigotry in the guise of political doublespeak, especially those from the South.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom