What's new

US Politics

Privileged Old White Millionaire ---vs--- Privileged Old White Millionaire

And Americans think they've got a REAL choice/democracy?

Moron!

ffa2185b8e9d8ba28f9d320f430cd98f.jpg

As far as Pakistan is concerned Trump was way better than Obama every time Democrats come in power they try to **** us over.
I do not know what makes you think Democrats are hostile to Pakistan?

The foreign policy of United States is a national policy, not a Republican or Democrat policy. The fact is that US foreign policy has traditionally been fairly consistent between Republicans and Democrats (Trump in some ways is an exception), regardless of which party is in power, the United States foreign policy goals are to safeguard its interests.

Privileged Old White Millionaire ---vs--- Privileged Old White Millionaire

And Americans think they've got a REAL choice/democracy?
There is nothing wrong with being “old white privileged millionaire”.

Maybe you did not notice, but we did have lot of choices, on the Democrat side we had almost 29 candidates and there were even three Republicans candidates challenging Trump in the primary.

Maybe you did not notice, but we did have lot of choices, on the Democrat side we had almost 29 candidates and there were even three Republicans candidates challenging Trump in the primary.
No, you didn't have a lot of choices at all. In presidential elections, people vote on the party nominees, not candidates that got eliminated along the way. In the end your "Choice" is between two puppets who the rich and powerful have backed along the way, and who will spend their 4 year term paying them back by adopting policies that benefit the rich and the powerful at common Joe's expense. This is the reason why the top %0.1 own as much wealth as the bottom 90% of Americans and that income disparity is continuing to skyrocket.

General Mattis spoke out after Trump threatened to deploy military to American cities. I totally agree his words are true. Trump is a big fat lousy failure, he failed to handle the coronavirus crisis in early months of pandemic and because of his failure more than 110,000 Americans are dead, while the economic toll so far has left more than 40 million people out of work. He once again miserably failed to cope with the aftermath over the abhorrent murder of George Floyd at the hands of racist Minneapolis police officers.

James Mattis Speaks Out

The former secretary of defense broke his silence, denouncing President Donald Trump.

“I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” Mattis writes. “The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.” He goes on, “We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution.”

In his j’accuse, Mattis excoriates the president for setting Americans against one another.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us,” Mattis writes. “We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.”

He goes on to contrast the American ethos of unity with Nazi ideology. “Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that ‘The Nazi slogan for destroying us … was “Divide and Conquer.” Our American answer is “In Union there is Strength.”’ We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.” Read more

82823616_2664284286990223_1737651975920549888_n.jpg

Biden shreds Trump for calling Friday a 'great day' for George Floyd

Pointing to a promising jobs report, Trump said earlier in the day, "Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying, 'This is a great thing happening for our country.'"

By Adam Edelman

Joe Biden blasted President Donald Trump for remarking Friday that “this is a great day for” George Floyd — who died last week in police custody — while touting positive economic data.

Speaking in Dover, Del., the apparent Democratic presidential nominee ripped into Trump for “speaking of a man who was brutally killed by an act of needless violence” and accused the president of failing to curb a “larger tide of injustice that has metastasized on” his watch.

At a news conference earlier Friday to address May unemployment figures that were released in the morning, Trump said, “Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying, 'This is a great thing happening for our country.'”

"This is a great day for him, it's a great day for everybody,” the president said.

In his remarks Friday, Biden responded, “George Floyd's last words, ‘I can't breathe. I can't breathe,’ they've echoed all across this nation, quite frankly around the world. For the president to try to put any other words in the mouth of George Floyd I frankly think is despicable."

Floyd, who was black, died on Memorial Day when a white Minneapolis police officer planted a knee into his neck for nearly nine minutes during a violent arrest.

His death has sparked days of nationwide protests against racism and police brutality in America. Read more

Berine should had been nominee instead of Biden. trump is now gonna be second time President
Bernie is a good man and I have great respect for him, but if Bernie cannot even win Democratic primary how could you think he would had won in the general election?

Bernie is a good man and I have great respect for him, but if Bernie cannot even win Democratic primary how could you think he would had won in the general election?
Its all rigged. They made Hillary and now Biden win. You will see how Trump is going to defeat Biden unfortunately

What makes you think elections were rigged? The way Trump has handled Coronavirus and George Floyd/racist cop Murder case, he's is doomed. This time Democrats are going to win the White House and the Senate.

This is what makes America a great Nation!

safe_image.jpg

Top general apologizes for appearing in photo-op with Trump after forceful removal of protesters

By Ryan Browne, Barbara Starr and Zachary Cohen, CNN

Updated 1:24 PM ET, Thu June 11, 2020

Washington (CNN)America's top general has apologized for appearing in a photo-op with President Donald Trump following the forceful dispersal of peaceful protesters outside the White House last week, calling the move a "mistake" and saying his presence "created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics."

Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. said during a pre-recorded speech released on Thursday that he regrets accompanying Trump on a walk from the White House to St. John's Church last week where he was photographed wearing his combat uniform and moving with the President's entourage through Lafayette Square.

The images provoked a swift wave of criticism from lawmakers and several senior former military officials who said they risked dragging the traditionally apolitical military into a contentious domestic political situation.

"As senior leaders, everything you do will be closely watched. And I am not immune. As many of you saw, the result of the photograph of me at Lafayette Square last week. That sparked a national debate about the role of the military in civil society," Milley said in his pre-recorded speech to a group of graduates from the National Defense University.

"I should not have been there. My presence in that moment and in that environment created a perception of the military involved in domestic politics. As a commissioned uniformed officer, it was a mistake that I have learned from, and I sincerely hope we all can learn from it," he added.

Milley also said that he was "outraged" by the killing of George Floyd and added that the protests it sparked spoke to "centuries of injustice toward African Americans." Read more

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom