What's new

US Politics

Just out of curiosity, what made you choose Stein over Johnson or McMullin? Or does it not really matter given the obscurity of these candidates?

I am a liberal--very different from Libertarians, who, in my opinion, are Social Darwinists. I believe in a just society where there is better distribution of wealth. Jill Stein is ideal as is Green Party.

In my State, it's all Trump, so my vote for Hillary wouldn't matter anyway. I had supported Nader in 2000. Now back to supporting Green Party. My conscience clean. If Hillary is going to start another war.. well--I didn't vote for her.

As for Trump--the less said the better. I will leave that up to some other ruthless fellows on this forum :)

• Stein, the Green Party candidate, told journalist Marc Lamont Hill Clinton's call for no-fly zone over Syria is tantamount to declaration of war against Russia
  • Said that while Donald Trump is 'a total wildcard,' Clinton has a 'proven record' of pro-conflict military policy
  • In another interview with Reason.com Sunday, Stein said: 'It's outrageous that people should be struggling right now with this questions of, “Do I prefer a fascist or a warmonger?"'
  • Stein and Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson together are drawing nearly 7 per cent in opinion polls
Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein had some harsh words for both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on the eve of the election, labeling the Democratic candidate a 'warmonger' and her Republican rival a 'fascist.'

Dr Stein, who is currently polling at just under 2 per cent going into Tuesday, warned in a Facebook Live conversation with journalist Marc Lamont Hill on Sunday that if Clinton is elected president on Tuesday, Americans should be prepared to go to war with Russia.

‘Yes, Donald Trump is a total wildcard, but Hillary has the proven record of the most pro-conflict military policy possible,’ Stein argued.

The third-party presidential hopeful noted that Clinton was calling for a no-fly zone over Syria, which, she argued, was tantamount to a declaration of war against Russia, the right-wing news site Breibart.com reported.

'Declaring war on Russia at a time when we have 2,000 nuclear weapons between us and the Russians on hair-trigger alert,’ she said. ‘This is a mushroom cloud waiting to happen.

‘This election, we are not only deciding what kind of world we will have, but whether we will have a world or not going forward.’

Stein described the acrimonious political contest between the two major party candidates as 'the race to the bottom between the greater and lesser evil.'

She added, 'there is no exit strategy if you buy into the lesser evil.'

The 66-year-old Harvard-educated physician has been vocal in her criticism of Clinton's candidacy throughout the race, repeatedly highlighting allegations of corruption that have been leveled at the Democrat, and bringing up in tweet after tweet the former first lady’s suspected ties to Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Stein also has been intensely critical of Donald Trump’s bid for the White House.

‘We have every reason to be terrified of Donald Trump in the White House,’ Stein said in an interview with Reason.com last week. ‘But I don't think we should fool ourselves into thinking that we should sleep well at night with Hillary Clinton in the White House either.

‘They're both dangerous and unacceptable in different ways.’

In that interview, Stein took aim at America’s two-party system, in which voters are being forced to choose between two candidates they do not like, and argued that supporters of the Green Party and libertarians should work together to create a viable third party.

‘It's outrageous that people should be struggling right now with this questions of, “Do I prefer a fascist or a warmonger?"’ said Stein.

Stein and Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson together are drawing nearly 7 per cent in opinion polls, far more than normal for those parties.

Clinton will go into Election Day with a razor-thin lead of 2.2 points over Trump, according to the RealClearPolitics.

@T-72 @Nilgiri @C130 @Falcon29 @KAL-EL

LOL why are you so excited by this article? Jill calls both candidates unsuitable. In other words, both the Americans and the world are screwed with any candidate in power. One is a warmonger and the other a fascist. Hardly a reason to cheer.

Last edited:
I am a liberal--very different from Libertarians, who, in my opinion, are Social Darwinists. I believe in a just society where there is better distribution of wealth. Jill Stein is ideal as is Green Party.

In my State, it's all Trump, so my vote for Hillary wouldn't matter anyway. I had supported Nader in 2000. Now back to supporting Green Party. My conscience clean. If Hillary is going to start another war.. well--I didn't vote for her.

As for Trump--the less said the better. I will leave that up to some other ruthless fellows on this forum :)

Can't say that you voted for the wrong person (in correspondence to your beliefs), since Stein plans to cut military spending by 50%. :D
My presumption is that you would've voted for Sanders had he not lost to Hillary?

we'll also find out if this truly was the first social media and interwebs driven US presidential election or not, live stream numbers for their final rallies on youtube read 70k for Trump's final rally vs 3.5k for the Clinton event. Rally crowds wise too, he was filling stadiums size venues right from the primaries (smashing ZZ Top and Elton John etc attendance records on the way)

and the tweets ! at times only a few hundred would retweet crooked hillary while countless tens of thousands shared and upvoted his blurts :P

a Trump loss will be such an anticlimax :(

we'll also find out if this truly was the first social media and interwebs driven US presidential election or not, live stream numbers for their final rallies on youtube read 70k for Trump's final rally vs 3.5k for the Clinton event. Rally crowds wise too, he was filling stadiums size venues right from the primaries (smashing ZZ Top and Elton John etc attendance records on the way)

and the tweets ! at times only a few hundred would retweet crooked hillary while countless tens of thousands shared and upvoted his blurts :P

a Trump loss will be such an anticlimax :(

LOL don't worry man. We'll see whether those filled stadiums benefit Trump today. If not, the gatherings were all amusement LOL all the tweets and social media support. All going to waste.

Last edited:
ell5FUm.jpg

I can't wait to close this thread and put a moratorium on US politics until the swearing-in of the next president on January 20th (or 21st depending on what day the 20th falls).

The amount of garbage here is overwhelming. Not now, but soon. It'll be closed soon enough.

:closed:

LOL Enjoy while it lasts. Chill. It is what it is. After all, no one can blame the forum members for the absurd claims made by a specific presidential candidate. The internet is awash with US election.

LOL look at orange head take a peak. He doesn't trust her.

Ch2-KdWW0AEqT-z.jpg

Note, most of the racist scumbags support the madman.
Some interesting parts of the article:

What the World Thinks About the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election

The world has been watching the race unfold

The world has been watching the U.S. presidential election with a mix of fascination and horror. Many appear to believe a Hillary Clinton presidency would provide the stability needed in an increasingly volatile world, but some foreign players are rooting for a Donald Trump victory. Here, TIME’s staff in bureaus around the world round up what foreign politicians, experts and citizens are saying about the U.S. election:

EUROPE

Clinton would win by a landslide if Europeans had a vote, Tara John writes, helped in part by the popularity of U.S. President Barack Obama and the socially democratic continent’s history of favoring Democrats. Trump’s transition from reality show star to political candidate could not be further from Europe’s technocratic approach to governance. His foreign policy, which includes the renegotiation of NATO’s budget and a hint that he would not defend NATO allies under attack, has raised hackles. German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier called Trump a preacher of hate in August, an October poll by Infratest Dimap found that only 4% of Germans would vote for him compared to Clinton (86%) while the Hamburger Morgenpost implored on its Nov. 8 cover, “Please, not the Horror Clown!”

Despite the populist parallels between Trump’s rise and the U.K. vote to leave the E.U., more than half a million Brits signed a petition calling for Trump to be banned from entering the U.K. and Scottish National Party leader Nicola Sturgeon said she “fervently hoped” that Clinton would defeat the Republican candidate. Trump has found some allies among Europe’s nationalist parties, however — their uptick in popularity has mirrored his, with similar messages about immigration eroding jobs and national identity. France’s far-right National Front leader Marine Le Pen told Valeurs Actuelles that she would vote for Trump. “What appeals to Americans is that he is a man free from Wall Street, from markets and from financial lobbies and even from his own party,” she said. Nigel Farage, the interim leader of the U.K. Independence Party, and anti-Islam, far-right politician from the Netherlands, Geert Wilders, have each supported Trump on his U.S. campaign.

THE MIDDLE EAST

Trump will further destabilise the Arab world, writes TIME’s Middle East Bureau Chief Jared Malsin:

Most people in the Middle East have a dim view of the U.S. government, but they seem to have an even lower opinion of Trump. Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric and his past calls for a ban on Muslims entering the U.S. have aliened the vast majority of the public across the Arab world. In one poll of more than 3,000 people across the Middle East and North Africa, 47 percent said they would simply refuse to vote in the U.S. presidential election if they were given the chance. The survey, conducted by YouGov and the Saudi newspaper Arab News found that, among those who would vote, 44 percent would choose Hillary Clinton, over Trump’s 9 percent. Fully 78 percent said Clinton would be better for the region if elected.

A separate survey released in October by the Arab Center in Washington posed similar questions about the election to 3,600 people in nine Arab countries. Fifty six percent of those surveyed had positive views of Clinton. Sixty percent had negative views of Trump.

In Israel, opinion is more divided. A recent poll conducted by Shiluv Millward Brown found the majority of Jewish Israelis (41%) favored Clinton as president over her Republican rival (31%). Israelis, however, thought Trump would “benefit” the Jewish state more. Clinton’s pro-Israeli and hawkish rhetoric during her tenureship as Secretary of State has leant her some authority on Israel. But Trump’s attempts to drum up support in Israel— by endorsing settlement expansion in the West Bank and promising to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem— has worked. He gained a slight edge (49%) over Clinton (44%) among dual Israeli-American citizens who cast their absentee ballots from Israel, according to a Nov. 3 exit survey .

LATIN AMERICA

Unsurprisingly, Trump, for all his proclamations about loving ‘Hispanics’, is not popular across Latin America, Kate Samuelson writes. The Republican candidate has been described by Mexico’s major national newspaper, Milenio, as “the man who managed to make us miss the Bush clan,” as well as the “undisputed record-holder for fake tanning”. Last Easter, celebrants burned effigies of Trump instead of Judas and, in a speech in March, President Enrique Peña Nieto compared his leadership race to the way the fascist dictators Mussolini and Hitler came to power. According to a poll published in Mexico in late September, Mexicans favor Clinton in the race by 10 to 1.

Trump vowing to stand with ‘oppressed’ Cubans and Venezuelans has not helped his popularity in those regions either, neither with the people nor politicians (Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro called Trump “mentally ill” last year). However, the Democratic National Committee also came under fire in Venezuela last month for posting a video that compared Trump to the late President Hugo Chavez. “The election campaign in the U.S. reflects the profound ethical, moral and political crisis of a degraded system that turns its back on the people,” Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez wrote on Twitter. “Comparing candidate Trump with Commander Chavez is an expression of the racist arrogance and irrationality of a party that does not serve its constituents.”

In the presidential debate on Oct. 19, Trump spoke about visiting “Little Haiti in Florida”. “I want to tell you, they hate the Clintons, because what’s happened in Haiti with the Clinton Foundation is a disgrace. And you know it, and they know it, and everybody knows it,” he said. Indeed, many people identify the Clintons with failures of humanitarianism and development in Haiti following the devastating earthquake in 2010; in 2015, Haitian activists protested outside the Clinton Foundation in New York, claiming the Clintons mismanaged hundreds of millions in taxpayer money through the Interim Haiti Reconstruction Commission, the Washington Postreports. But, despite fair criticism of the Clintons’ handling of the crisis, Trump’s interest in using Haiti to bash Clinton rather than anything else is transparent. Research conducted by the Miami New Times in the area concluded that Little Haiti residents were unwaveringly in favor of Clinton – despite what Trump said. Read more

View attachment 350349

The world has been watching the U.S. presidential election with a mix of fascination and horror. Many appear to believe a Hillary Clinton presidency would provide the stability needed in an increasingly volatile world, but some foreign players are rooting for a Donald Trump victory. Here, TIME’s staff in bureaus around the world round up what foreign politicians, experts and citizens are saying about the U.S. election:

EUROPE

Clinton would win by a landslide if Europeans had a vote, Tara John writes, helped in part by the popularity of U.S. President Barack Obama and the socially democratic continent’s history of favoring Democrats. Trump’s transition from reality show star to political candidate could not be further from Europe’s technocratic approach to governance. His foreign policy, which includes the renegotiation of NATO’s budget and a hint that he would not defend NATO allies under attack, has raised hackles. German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier called Trump a preacher of hate in August, an October poll by Infratest Dimap found that only 4% of Germans would vote for him compared to Clinton (86%) while the Hamburger Morgenpost implored on its Nov. 8 cover, “Please, not the Horror Clown!”

Despite the populist parallels between Trump’s rise and the U.K. vote to leave the E.U., more than half a million Brits signed a petition calling for Trump to be banned from entering the U.K. and Scottish National Party leader Nicola Sturgeon said she “fervently hoped” that Clinton would defeat the Republican candidate. Trump has found some allies among Europe’s nationalist parties, however — their uptick in popularity has mirrored his, with similar messages about immigration eroding jobs and national identity. France’s far-right National Front leader Marine Le Pen told Valeurs Actuelles that she would vote for Trump. “What appeals to Americans is that he is a man free from Wall Street, from markets and from financial lobbies and even from his own party,” she said. Nigel Farage, the interim leader of the U.K. Independence Party, and anti-Islam, far-right politician from the Netherlands, Geert Wilders, have each supported Trump on his U.S. campaign.

THE MIDDLE EAST

Trump will further destabilise the Arab world, writes TIME’s Middle East Bureau Chief Jared Malsin:

Most people in the Middle East have a dim view of the U.S. government, but they seem to have an even lower opinion of Trump. Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric and his past calls for a ban on Muslims entering the U.S. have aliened the vast majority of the public across the Arab world. In one poll of more than 3,000 people across the Middle East and North Africa, 47 percent said they would simply refuse to vote in the U.S. presidential election if they were given the chance. The survey, conducted by YouGov and the Saudi newspaper Arab News found that, among those who would vote, 44 percent would choose Hillary Clinton, over Trump’s 9 percent. Fully 78 percent said Clinton would be better for the region if elected.

A separate survey released in October by the Arab Center in Washington posed similar questions about the election to 3,600 people in nine Arab countries. Fifty six percent of those surveyed had positive views of Clinton. Sixty percent had negative views of Trump.

In Israel, opinion is more divided. A recent poll conducted by Shiluv Millward Brown found the majority of Jewish Israelis (41%) favored Clinton as president over her Republican rival (31%). Israelis, however, thought Trump would “benefit” the Jewish state more. Clinton’s pro-Israeli and hawkish rhetoric during her tenureship as Secretary of State has leant her some authority on Israel. But Trump’s attempts to drum up support in Israel— by endorsing settlement expansion in the West Bank and promising to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem— has worked. He gained a slight edge (49%) over Clinton (44%) among dual Israeli-American citizens who cast their absentee ballots from Israel, according to a Nov. 3 exit survey .

LATIN AMERICA

Unsurprisingly, Trump, for all his proclamations about loving ‘Hispanics’, is not popular across Latin America, Kate Samuelson writes. The Republican candidate has been described by Mexico’s major national newspaper, Milenio, as “the man who managed to make us miss the Bush clan,” as well as the “undisputed record-holder for fake tanning”. Last Easter, celebrants burned effigies of Trump instead of Judas and, in a speech in March, President Enrique Peña Nieto compared his leadership race to the way the fascist dictators Mussolini and Hitler came to power. According to a poll published in Mexico in late September, Mexicans favor Clinton in the race by 10 to 1.

Trump vowing to stand with ‘oppressed’ Cubans and Venezuelans has not helped his popularity in those regions either, neither with the people nor politicians (Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro called Trump “mentally ill” last year). However, the Democratic National Committee also came under fire in Venezuela last month for posting a video that compared Trump to the late President Hugo Chavez. “The election campaign in the U.S. reflects the profound ethical, moral and political crisis of a degraded system that turns its back on the people,” Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez wrote on Twitter. “Comparing candidate Trump with Commander Chavez is an expression of the racist arrogance and irrationality of a party that does not serve its constituents.”

In the presidential debate on Oct. 19, Trump spoke about visiting “Little Haiti in Florida”. “I want to tell you, they hate the Clintons, because what’s happened in Haiti with the Clinton Foundation is a disgrace. And you know it, and they know it, and everybody knows it,” he said. Indeed, many people identify the Clintons with failures of humanitarianism and development in Haiti following the devastating earthquake in 2010; in 2015, Haitian activists protested outside the Clinton Foundation in New York, claiming the Clintons mismanaged hundreds of millions in taxpayer money through the Interim Haiti Reconstruction Commission, the Washington Postreports. But, despite fair criticism of the Clintons’ handling of the crisis, Trump’s interest in using Haiti to bash Clinton rather than anything else is transparent. Research conducted by the Miami New Times in the area concluded that Little Haiti residents were unwaveringly in favor of Clinton – despite what Trump said. Read more

Trump is Hitler meme is ridiculous.

and Hitler was alright til he wanted to invade countries and take their resources. If he had just focused on Making Germany Great Again through trade then Germany would have been a superpower.

LOL don't worry man. We'll see whether those filled stadiums benefit Trump today. If not, the gatherings were all amusement LOL all those tweets and social media support. All going to waste.
yeah, guess we'll all know in about 5 or 6 hours from now..

and no, none of it is a waste, a Trump loss probably means the right wing there splits right down the middle, RIP GOP

there going to be all sorts of fractures and groups and factions forming there, Trumpian nationalism vs whatever the hell the #nevertrumpers come up with, it'll continue to be interesting for a while but eventually fade out as an internal issue for the US, this right now is much more fun. :)

Trump is Hitler meme is ridiculous.
Yeah...he has support from neo nazis and white supremacists...the KKK. But, the wrinkly comb over bastard isn't Hitler. It's a bit disingenuous and unfair to compare him with Old Adolf

View attachment 350349

EUROPE

THE MIDDLE EAST

LATIN AMERICA

No doubt. Trump has tendency of a mini-Hitler if not a full one. The same hateful rhetoric against minorities.

Yeah...he has support from neo nazis and white supremacists...the KKK. But, the wrinkly comb over bastard isn't Hitler. It's a bit disingenuous and unfair to compare him with Old Adolf

so they support Trump, does that mean Trump supports them?

he's already denounced David Duke who has been riding his coat tails.

Back
Top Bottom