What's new

US Poised to Attack Extremists in FATA

AM,
pls dont get me wrong - i am not advocating for the US coming and doing the job - we have ourselves to blame for our policy towards the militants - start - stop - pause - start - peace - start - stop - negotiate - wait - i think you get my meaning. we need a coherent policy which will give us results and get the US, NATO and everyone off our backs and for once the world will say in unison - pakistan is a safe place.

Our policy is fine.
What's wrong with it?
We're fighting them, this 'peace deal' is recent and we have been blamed for what we do for a long time now, even when we had no peace treaties with them.
:usflag::crazy:

Lets see what happens.
I know one thing: Hum hai Pakistani hum to jeetainge hum jeetainge:pakistan:

This looks like its turning very serious but I'm not seeing anything about this on the news right now.

Lets not get overexited, this is a serious issue. FC is not strong enough to eliminate militancy, she's simply to unexperienced and less pofessional compared to PA.

Whithout PA's entering FATA I don't see any victory.

Whatever US is doing is meant to secure public support and to cash funds from the Congress for the WoT.
Congress loves targetting militants and bombing raids, its doesn't matter if it serves tactical or strategic psyops.

So you illegally invade a country to get more money?:crazy:

Lets not get overexited, this is a serious issue. FC is not strong enough to eliminate militancy, she's simply to unexperienced and less pofessional compared to PA.

Whithout PA's entering FATA I don't see any victory.

But if we fight back, US will take that as an attack on them. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I have a question. What do you think will happen now if the PA enters FATA? Meaning now with a changed situation.

US/NATO forces already moved tanks and choppers near the FATA border. It looks like they will be entering FATA first! And the question in my mind is will US forces try to stay in FATA and kick the pak army out of there too? It is no big secret that Afghanistan wan't to annex parts of NWFP, FATA and even Balochistan so is this US invasion of FATA not just an excuse? This could be an invasion to conquer FATA and just hand it over to the Afghan army to keep watch over and then finally take it over. And they could make up excuses of doing the same thing to other border areas too.

US/NATO forces already moved tanks and choppers near the FATA border. It looks like they will be entering FATA first! And the question in my mind is will US forces try to stay in FATA and kick the pak army out of there too? It is no big secret that Afghanistan wan't to annex parts of NWFP, FATA and even Balochistan so is this US invasion of FATA not just an excuse? This could be an invasion to conquer FATA and just hand it over to the Afghan army to keep watch over and then finally take it over. And they could make up excuses of doing the same thing to other border areas too.

Afghan Army take something from Pakistan?:lol:
I like Afghanistan, and see Afghanis as brothers, but I can't think of them managing to do anything of the sort to Pakistan, even with US help.

I have a question. What do you think will happen now if the PA enters FATA? Meaning now with a changed situation.

PA can not and will not enter FATA unless there are consitutional changes.
I've always been a supporter of full annaxation of FATA, we need a Parliamentary and Public debate since FATA has become a matter of National Security Concern.

PA can not and will not enter FATA unless there are consitutional changes.
I've always been a supporter of full annaxation of FATA, we need a Parliamentary and Public debate since FATA has become a matter of National Security Concern.

So what can Pakistan do, meanwhile, if America is coming in?

Assuming the tribal Pushtuns don't force them out.;)

No, even the hawks in Pentagon know that US can't enter and stay in FATA, it will result in a diect war with Pakistan. FATA, even disputed is considered by US as Pakistani territory, US used to have military base there till the end of sixties.

No, even the hawks in Pentagon know that US can't enter and stay in FATA, it will result in a diect war with Pakistan. FATA, even disputed is considered by US as Pakistani territory, US used to have military base there till the end of sixties.

You are talking as if the US needs to have a war with Pakistan to take over. I know the FC will definately want to engage NATO but....pressure can be exerted on the pak govt to surrender without a shot being fired. I mean these politicians are puppets right? The whole pake economy and military-industrial complex is very heavily dependent on the USA for all kinds of aid. Can pakistan afford to stand on it's own two feet? Or will they say ok...for now lets just give away FATA and pray nothing bad happens? I just have that kind of a feeling about it.

Afghan Army take something from Pakistan?:lol:
I like Afghanistan, and see Afghanis as brothers, but I can't think of them managing to do anything of the sort to Pakistan, even with US help.

Ok you didn't read my post properly. Here is how it looks like it will happen:

1) PA moves most if not all FC personnel out of FATA.

2) US invades FATA in "hot pursuit" while putting diplomatic pressure on Gilaini/Kiyani/PPP etc etc to keep FC troops far away while killings go on of militants the USA does not like.

3) A few US troops get killed so immediately the US calls in reinforcements, like 5,000 troops just "temporarily to help out". Slowly this builds into 10,000 NATO troops in FATA.

4) Some FC personnel are still stuck in FATA but they can do nothing there.

5) More killings occur and thousands of militants(pro pakistani ones) and tribals(pro pakistani ones) and non combatants(pro pakistani ones) are systematically killed by NATO.

6) NATO calls in Afghan troops to "help out" by interpreting and translating and patrol duties. Afghan troops never leave. Some NATO troops leave and now FC cannot kick out NATO nor can pakistani politicians make them leave.

7) Slowly FATA is populated with anti pakistani pashtoons, warlords etc etc who come in from Afghanistan.

Do you catch my drift?

So what can Pakistan do, meanwhile, if America is coming in?

Assuming the tribal Pushtuns don't force them out.;)

Nothing, just hope that US raids will kill as many militants as possible including their leaders with little collateral damage.
I too agree with Sir Fatman that somebody has to do the job...if we can't US will...

Around 300 NATO and Afghan troops have reached within five kilometres of the Pakistan-Afghan border in Waziristan. The locals confirm that they have seen movement of tanks, armoured personnel carriers, and heavy artillery toward the border areas in Lawara Mandi and Ghulam Khan in North Waziristan Agency. The sources have also confirmed the coalition troops' movement towards border areas of Birmal and Angoor Adda in South Waziristan Agency.

The official sources have confirmed the troops' movement toward the border but say they are on the Afghan side and have not entered into Pakistani territory. The sources say the coalition forces have already set up more than 15 posts on the border in both South and North Waziristan Agencies. They believe the troops have moved into the area to occupy these posts to check infiltration of militants. Sources say these coalition troops and artillery have been moved from Paktia, Paktika and Uruzgan provinces of Afghanistan and their numbers may be high. Local tribesmen are terrified, fearing there may be an attack by coalition troops on the Taleban hideouts in the areas within Waziristan.
Originally published by Dawn News TV, Karachi, in English 0900 15 Jul 08

Back
Top Bottom