What's new

US plans to sabotage Pakistan nuke facilities: Ahmadinejad

So what was I saying in my post-- something else???

They can keep on planing and we can keep on believing that "Nothing is Impossible." But the reality is that there are somethings that are impossible because of the cause and effect and probability of negative cost to benefit ratio.

So what was I saying in my post-- something else???

They can keep on planing and we can keep on believing that "Nothing is Impossible." But the reality is that there are somethings that are impossible because of the cause and effect and probability of negative cost to benefit ratio.
Sir, your assessment is good. However, it focuses on current geopolitical scenario. The US may militarily succeed but would have to contend with and can be humbled by geopolitical challenges from China and Russia in response.

But what if the geopolitical scenario changes in few years and becomes unfavorable for us?

I believe that US possesses the capabilities to carry out its nuetralization plan. However, such an operation may either result in 100% success or may result in a disaster. To be more precise, under favorable geopolitical scenario, such an operation can succeed. However, under unfavorable geopolitical scenario, it may result in a disaster.

I believe that nothing is impossible, when considering all kinds of possibilities.

What the Americans want for a nuke-state is stability, is it so hard to understand that?

What the Americans want for a nuke-state is stability, is it so hard to understand that?
Yeah! Under this screen saver of stability also are the Israeli interests to look after. The only Islamic state that can challenge Israeli supremacy is Pakistan at the moment. :azn:

i dont believe it.

off topic > i just completed 1000 posts.

Yea! if there is no trust by US on Pak military or ISI....but almost impossible under the present circumstances...if the Raymond Davis like pplz run around within the country .They freely running the terrorist camps here in the tribal areas and supplying the trainees/terrorists with the Nuclear materialz....:woot:

My friend, just stay the course with me for a moment and look at our scenario from our perspective:

1. Afghanistan -- quasi hostile regime. Has a border dispute with us. Apparently, friendly to India.
2. India -- No explanation necessary
3. Iran -- Dubious -- not reliable, has other interests in Pakistan including possible annexation or dismemberment of Baluchistan from Pakistan -- create buffer between increasingly Deobandi Pakistan.
4. KSA -- has a 1400 year long war going on with Iran based upon ideological differences. It has sowed its seeds in Pakistan for a future Iraq like conflict with Iran.
5. USA -- Love-hate relationship. Both do not trust each other.
6. China -- Has a greater interest in bolstering up Pakistan against India and keeping their foot in Gawader to ensure critical oil supplies have a safe passage in future. Question is; are we ready to be their proxy against India – maybe we thrive on this type of services rendered.

Do we need Israel as an additional headache? What is it with us -- do we have a death wish or the challenges mentioned above are not enough for us????

I am just perplexed at our naivety - the Palestinians call their conflict as a pure land dispute and we taint it with a religious war!!! What is it with us?? We are trying to paint a bulls eye on our .... to ensure that everyone guns for us for different reasons!!!

Does any of it make sense?

We need to get our priorities right and take one step at a time.

Sir, your assessment is good. However, it focuses on current geopolitical scenario. The US may militarily succeed but would have to contend with and can be humbled by geopolitical challenges from China and Russia in response.

But what if the geopolitical scenario changes in few years and becomes unfavorable for us?

I believe that US possesses the capabilities to carry out its nuetralization plan. However, such an operation may either result in 100% success or may result in a disaster. To be more precise, under favorable geopolitical scenario, such an operation can succeed. However, under unfavorable geopolitical scenario, it may result in a disaster.

I believe that nothing is impossible, when considering all kinds of possibilities.

Can you draw out a possible future change in Geo-political scenario where US can mount a succesful grab of our Nuclear Weapons? It woul be interesting to debate it.

This is just fantasy -- Not the US, not anybody can mount a successful operation, because these are components, and compartmentalized and dispersed - however, a case can be made that the security is lax and this represents a danger to all.

Muse:

But every night we hear from our new "Leaders" on the idiot box that "Pakistan aur us kay Atamee asasay Bairooni takataun say khatray main hain."

Are we creating a demon here to hide our own inabillities and failures to pull out Pakistan from one mess to another. Or the "Kashmir" demon has lost its glitz and we are in the process of preparing to abandon the "Cause" due to severe blow back from the rouge Jihadi elements?

Can you draw out a possible future change in Geo-political scenario where US can mount a succesful grab of our Nuclear Weapons? It woul be interesting to debate it.

Pakistan’s nuclear weapons are reportedly stored unassembled, with the fissile core separated from the non-nuclear explosives.These components are stored separately from delivery vehicles.

Pakistan’s command and control over its nuclear weapons is compartmentalized and includes strict operational security. Pakistan’s command and control system is based on “C4I2SR” (command, control, communication, computers, intelligence,information, surveillance and reconnaissance). The system has three components —the National Command Authority (NCA), the Strategic Plans Division (SPD), and
the Strategic Forces Commands.The NCA was created in 2000 and for the first time the nuclear program was under military control with oversight. The SPD acts as the secretariat for the NCA and coordinates with the strategic forces commands.

The Army, Air Force, and Navy each have their respective strategic force command,but operational control remain with the NCA. The authority to launch a nuclear strike requires consensus within the NCA. The NCA is a 10-member body, which consists of the President, Prime Minister, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, the Ministers of Defense, Interior and Finance, the Director-General of the Strategic Plans Division, and the Commanders of the Army, Air Force and Navy.The NCA
Chairman, who is the President of Pakistan, casts the final vote.

On December 13, 2007, President Musharraf formalized these authorities and structure in the “National Command Authority Ordinance, 2007.The NCA was established by administrative order, but now has a legal basis. Analysts point out that the timing of this ordinance was meant to help the command and control system weather political transitions and potentially preserve the military’s strong control over the system.

The Ordinance also addresses the problem of the proliferation of nuclear expertise and personnel reliability. It outlines punishable offenses related to breach of confidentiality or leakage of “secured information,” gives the SPD authority to investigate suspicious conduct, states that punishment can be up to 25 years imprisonment, and applies to both serving and retired personnel, including military personnel, notwithstanding any other laws. As a result, Pakistani authorities say that the Ordinance should strengthen their control over strategic organizations and their personnel.

Muse:

But every night we hear from our new "Leaders" on the idiot box that "Pakistan aur us kay Atamee asasay Bairooni takataun say khatray main hain."

Are we creating a demon here to hide our own inabillities and failures to pull out Pakistan from one mess to another. Or the "Kashmir" demon has lost its glitz and we are in the process of preparing to abandon the "Cause" due to severe blow back from the rouge Jihadi elements?

They/leaders are sell outs pplz and the foreign paid /CIA agents wrking for our enemies......they trying trying to demoralize the country that we r unable to defend and save our assets especially from US......and inside providing the US a safe passage for their action/attack on our assets....but they dont know we got so many Mumtaz Qadriz/Jawanz waiting to test their shots on them and put our enemies/US to despair in the end......Alhamdolillah......:)

Pakistan’s nuclear weapons are reportedly stored unassembled, with the fissile core separated from the non-nuclear explosives.These components are stored separately from delivery vehicles.

Pakistan’s command and control over its nuclear weapons is compartmentalized and includes strict operational security. Pakistan’s command and control system is based on “C4I2SR” (command, control, communication, computers, intelligence,information, surveillance and reconnaissance). The system has three components —the National Command Authority (NCA), the Strategic Plans Division (SPD), and
the Strategic Forces Commands.The NCA was created in 2000 and for the first time the nuclear program was under military control with oversight. The SPD acts as the secretariat for the NCA and coordinates with the strategic forces commands.

The Army, Air Force, and Navy each have their respective strategic force command,but operational control remain with the NCA. The authority to launch a nuclear strike requires consensus within the NCA. The NCA is a 10-member body, which consists of the President, Prime Minister, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, the Ministers of Defense, Interior and Finance, the Director-General of the Strategic Plans Division, and the Commanders of the Army, Air Force and Navy.The NCA
Chairman, who is the President of Pakistan, casts the final vote.

On December 13, 2007, President Musharraf formalized these authorities and structure in the “National Command Authority Ordinance, 2007.The NCA was established by administrative order, but now has a legal basis. Analysts point out that the timing of this ordinance was meant to help the command and control system weather political transitions and potentially preserve the military’s strong control over the system.

The Ordinance also addresses the problem of the proliferation of nuclear expertise and personnel reliability. It outlines punishable offenses related to breach of confidentiality or leakage of “secured information,” gives the SPD authority to investigate suspicious conduct, states that punishment can be up to 25 years imprisonment, and applies to both serving and retired personnel, including military personnel, notwithstanding any other laws. As a result, Pakistani authorities say that the Ordinance should strengthen their control over strategic organizations and their personnel.

Thank you Unicorn for the insight into the inner workings and the process for a possible release and authorization of a nuclear device.

My question was directed towards a possible scenario whereby the USG has a favourable "Geo-political" conditions to launch a premptive strike to eliminate our strategic nuclear stockpile and bomb making capability.

Frankly, I can not think of one other than caputulation from within. That is a far shot at best.

We have gone past the Osirak stage and nuclear reactors that have gone operational inclduing the plutonium facility at Chashma. Anoyone trying to take out these complexes risk regional catastrophe with radiation and radioactive cloud contamination killing millions of people in Pakistan and neighbouring countries.

A lot of the mebers on this forum just do not understand this nor does the average expert on the 8 o clock prime time. Or do we have more sinister designs to keep this boogey up there?????

Back
Top Bottom