What's new

US Orders Talon IV EOD Robots for Pakistan

Mass., is being awarded a $7,772,646 firm-fixed-price contract for the procurement of Talon IV vehicles, spares and training. This contract will support Foreign Military Sales (FMS) to Pakistan (100 percent).

The Talon IV robot provides the military’s explosive ordnance disposal technicians with a man transportable capability to remotely perform reconnaissance.

Work will be performed in Waltham, Mass. (99 percent), and Pakistan (1 percent) and is expected to be completed by December 2013. FMS funding in the amount of $7,772,646 will be obligated at the time of award, and funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year.

This contract was synopsized via Federal Business Opportunities as a sole source procurement authorized under 10 U.S.C. 2304(c)(1) — only one responsible source will satisfy the needs of the agency.

The Naval Surface Warfare Center Indian Head Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division, Indian Head, Md., is the contracting activity (N00174-13-C-0018).

Read more: http://www.****************/us-orders-talon-iv-eod-robots-for-pakistan-48466/#ixzz2bcHjndCl

I am 100% sure that KRL-GIDS would be fully capable of delivering such robots too???

Also I wanted to know that whether GIDS companies are 50-50 public and private???

Some talons are already operational with the Army.

The armed variants will indeed be a very effective tool in COIN ops, up north.

I think they're only selling bomb diffusal version,not armed one...

BONUS!

We really, really needed these bad boys. We only have wheelbarrow and agitators. This is a real bonus, thank you USA.

Am not sure about the Gen but we do.have Talon in service with PA....these will probably go to Civil Defence,as they have been doing a good job with foiling bomb blasts, so this addition to.the arsenal will really be great

Back
Top Bottom