What's new

US opens defence tech arsenal to India, 7 new offers on table

I see.
we just need to take it slow and see how the dice rolls with these deals
we need jobs here, but the defense industry shouldn't be the only thing we should focus on. maybe we can work on some clean energy agreements as well.

The Indians on this site seem to put India on this high pedestal. Let's be practical, pragmatic and realistic. The need for this hour is to be open minded and balanced. Saying we don't need the US is retarded when we do need the US and they need us. We can argue for yrs as for the greater need, but that's a waste of energy and pointless. Without the US, India would never be able to get rid of sanctions, access to nuke tech, etc. Remember, MMS went to the US to plead his case as well. This is a great opportunity that can empower the youth of India.

There are many problems but many, many opportunities to work with the US. As democracies, we have a responsibility to work together for the world.

Germans did horrible things under the Nazis during WW2, but look at them now. Japan also. We can keep on pointing fingers at the big bad US or wake up and realize its an opportunity that doesn't come around often, if ever. Do we still want to be 3rd rate power or do you want to transform the sleeping Elephant into Bengal Tiger?

Our focus with the US should be muilti faceted. Direction should given on R&D, space & marine colonization and exploration, food tech and security, education. green, clean energy, etc. The opportunities are limitless. We can all squander a great opportunity and let time go by.....or we can build the foundations of a future alliance that can change the world as we know it. Think big, stop letting the past and how others are treated cloud your thought process. India is not Pakistan nor is it Iraq.

You guys are quick to point out Iraq, yet have anyone of you ever talked to an Iraqi Kurd or Shia? I met many and they were all extremely greatful of the toppling of the Saddam regime. Sure, we have made mistakes but who hasn't? It comes with the territory. You act as if no Indian kingdoms created mistakes?

Stop being foolish. The US never attacked India and killed our ppl like China or Pakistan.

Last edited:
India needs us more than we need them IMO.
it would be great to have deeper ties with India and both can make some $$
but I wonder what India can bring to table in joint development and how it would help us.

Cost effectiveness.

AND U KNOW THAT $$ MATTERS.

Our missiles, space programs are examples.

We really need to work with the Americans & this is as good an opportunity as any now that Modi is here with none of the leftist baggage. Too many people here do chest thumping about how everyone else requires us (a reminder of how much we share cultural traits with the Pakistanis), the reality is that such cooperation benefits both and we might actually come off even better at the end.

We want the complete TOT of F-22 Raptors.

Till then...........No Indo-US Bhai-Bhai.
Impossible! They haven't even given the Raptors, forget the technology, to their closest ally - Israel. These planes are above top secret.

Further, the high cost of the aircraft at almost $200 million a pop has led to the end of F-22 production. Even the Americans can't afford this toy!

What we really want is TOT for the Predator drones and the X-45 UCAV. A hundred of these unmanned beasts would be a real game changer!

111109main_02252005_X-45_UCAV_ED02-0295-5.jpg

X-45A

Airshowfan-dot-com--by-Bernardo-Malfitano--Image-of-X45C-mockup-at-Nellis-05.jpg

X-45C

UCAVs are the future. By the next century, manned fighter aircraft would be passe. So we need to think ahead.

We want the complete TOT of F-22 Raptors.

Good luck with that. If the US has said no to Israel, NATO and Japan, India on the ally list comes way below. The -22 tech will never be shared. Not even after 2 decades. Just like the B1,2 -117 tech was never shared. There were speculators who used to say that these plane's tech will be available after a decade or so, but the US Gov't and the Pentagon retired those jets instead. Same will happen with the -22 2 decades from now. But there are other much important and critical deals on the table for India, India should definitely capitalize on it.

India can bring cost effectiveness on table...imagine, if F-22s are produced in India under TOT, cost per piece would be much less...
And I dont think you will say budget is not the problem for pentagon! ..dis days!

Yes....I can imagine HAL manufacturing F-22's, what a brilliant dream.

India can bring cost effectiveness on table...imagine, if F-22s are produced in India under TOT, cost per piece would be much less...
And I dont think you will say budget is not the problem for pentagon! ..dis days!
First off all Indians need to stop living in dreams F 22 no chance they may get Artillery and Anti Tank weapons and also some latest warships like the latest corvette but Pakistan and China will be soon with the answers infact China has developed a new really advanced Anti Tank

Further, the high cost of the aircraft at almost $200 million a pop has led to the end of F-22 production. Even the Americans can't afford this toy!

What we really want is TOT for the Predator drones and the X-45 UCAV. A hundred of these unmanned beasts would be a real game changer!

You are mistaken if you think the production has "stopped" and the US can't afford it. The Production for the CURRENT batch has stopped. You'll see more being inducted in the next 3-5 years. The production for the current batch was primarily reduced to support -35. Which brings in very similar and some newer capabilities and at less cost. But the -22 has its own level and it will be produced more in the near couple of years.

ON UCAVs and UAV's, I could totally see a tech transfer to India on Predators. The "X" series and the "Global Hawk" are off the table. However, I think they might do a JV with Indian companies to help them build watered down Global Hawk type platforms as made in India. You guys already use Herons from Israel so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

Last edited:
:mad: we want TOT for nuclear sub and AC.....who need F22?:hitwall:

Since every-body here is "spouting" something or the other about what they want from the USA or why India will not get it...........let me add my bit:

I want TOT for warp-drives of the Starship Enterprise!
:D

And for Obama to say: Come an' get it.
While Orangi-miyan will say: No, you can't.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom