What's new

US offers to sell weapons to Bangladesh

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Foreign Minister Momen requests the US to send back Bangabandhu’s killer Rashed Chowdhury

The United States has expressed its interest to sell military equipments to Bangladesh, just weeks after the assumption of power by the new government.

US Ambassador to Bangladesh Earl R Miller made Washington’s interest known during a meeting with Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen at the latter’s office on Thursday.

“I discussed good governance, democracy, military sales and Indo-Pacific Strategy,” Miller told reporters after his maiden meeting with the minister.

When asked about military sales, the Bangladesh minister said: “They have raised the issue, not us. They have said if we intend to buy military hardware, we can buy those from them.”

“I have said we don’t have any objection. We are open to all. But, I have also said your products are expensive. We buy cost-effective products.”

When asked what aspects of the December 30 election were discussed, Dr Momen said: “Nothing much was discussed about the election as the envoy had already visited my home, to see the situation in Sylhet city during the election time.”

He also said he had requested ambassador Miller to send back Rashed Chowdhury, one of the convicted killers of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, to Bangladesh to face justice.

In response, the minister said the envoy told him that his request will be conveyed to Washington.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/bangla...BFMBqThhO0fGM1tAyPizm4qo22uTuXIv-Hca9IoCuFFNM

We want F-35 for our air force and few aegis destroyer for Navy. :-)

Bring back Rashrd Chowdhury and hang him like the way his comrades have been hanged. :welcome: Rashed Chowdhury, we have been waiting for u :sniper:

Will India authorize bangladesh to buy weapons? I don't think so.

Not up to India is it?

They could only whine when BD brought 2 submarines from China.

Now think about this - BN and government have openly stated the intention to build 2 +6 nex-generation frigates that will become a formidable foe to the IN in the Bay of Bengal, so what will 1-2 squadrons of fighters be in comparison?

Not up to India is it?

They could only whine when BD brought 2 submarines from China.

Now think about this - BN and government have openly stated the intention to build 2 +6 nex-generation frigates that will become a formidable foe to the IN in the Bay of Bengal, so what will 1-2 squadrons of fighters be in comparison?

That's just one instance, I'm pretty sure India will impose restrictions and sanctions on bangladesh once they see you not complying. Anyways don't worry, until Hasina is there, your army can only dream of getting any modern weapons.

That's just one instance, I'm pretty sure India will impose restrictions and sanctions on bangladesh once they see you not complying. Anyways don't worry, until Hasina is there, your army can only dream of getting any modern weapons.
U think in this way since u r looking at things through ur green tinted Pakistani glass. I dont blame u though. Pakistan used to take permission from US in the past and now they have to take permission from China before taking every major decisions.

Hence, u believe that all the other countries must be doing the same. But thankfully we Bangladeshis always have taken decisions by ourselves and will continue to do so. There is a reason why we r friendly with China and India at the same time as well as don't have problem with working simultaneously with US and Russia.

Dude, Chittagong port is in the process of being upgraded to allow frigates up to 5000 tonnes to be built.

Whether India likes it or not, BD will end up with the 2nd most powerful Navy in S Asia.

Dude, Chittagong port is in the process of being upgraded to allow frigates up to 5000 tonnes to be built.

Whether India likes it or not, BD will end up with the 2nd most powerful Navy in S Asia.

Exactly. Ship building industry is growing rapidly in Bangladesh. In the future we will build our own warships and submarines.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom