What's new

US nurses heading to India amid staggering COVID-19 crisis

US should do more for India.

A war effort is needed to pull India out of the covid black hole.

Situation in the US is getting under control though due to mass vaccination. In the Austin area at least we can expect a return to semi-normalcy by October at the latest. India, I have no idea when it'll end.

No it's not. Vaccine is not effective against the new variants. Take Ontario for example. Last summer it was only a few hundred new cases per day. Now it's a few thousand new cases per day. The terrible British variant is by now the dominant strain in Ontario. No vaccine works against it. If there is a decline in case in the US it's due to weather, not due to vaccine. Come October you will see cases go up a lot in the US. Bank on it.

Last edited:
Bless them! my thoughts and prayers are with these nurses, I hope they stay safe.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Local nurses are among dozens across the country answering the call for help as the COVID-19 catastrophe in India deepens.

Thank you!
It is truly amazing to see how people are reaching out to help when you have some many others trying to mock my country even over such news.

India mishandled the entire second wave. We were not prepared, we truly had not done our homework and our leadership completely failed. Our doctors and nurses are overworked and continue to put in countless hours of hard work. To recognize that and extend a true hand in help is really wonderful. I thank these nurses for such a noble gesture.

The biggest threat to Indians and everyone in India is the mutant virus. Please stay safe!

US should do more for India.

A war effort is needed to pull India out of the covid black hole.

Nothing can be done. The Indian variant is the most terrifying disease mankind has ever seen.
Thank you!
It is truly amazing to see how people are reaching out to help when you have some many others trying to mock my country even over such news.

India mishandled the entire second wave. We were not prepared, we truly had not done our homework and our leadership completely failed. Our doctors and nurses are overworked and continue to put in countless hours of hard work. To recognize that and extend a true hand in help is really wonderful. I thank these nurses for such a noble gesture.

The biggest threat to Indians and everyone in India is the mutant virus. Please stay safe!

India has very high population density. It is not possible to disperse and socially distance. That means more infection.

I saw on several social media outlets - H1B Bhakts still claiming that their Injun medical system is still "running fine" and trying to uphold some non-existent prestige for the "Supa-pawa" whose langoti-ka-gira has come undone.

Why is it so hard for this idiots to admit that their country is "effed up" when there are hundreds of dire images flashing through every living room every day across the globe showing how bad it is.

There are lines of dead bodies with no one to cremate them. People are dying by the thousands on sidewalks every damn day, couldn't even get to the hospital.

When will these people come clean and admit how effed up their country really is?

White slaves my foot....

Brain dead nationalists and idiot's are never going to admit they’re wrong. They’re never going to reflect on their choices and come to the realization that they need to change. It doesn’t matter what you do, or how much you you try to talk sense to them, because you’re never going to win an argument with them. They’ll go to great lengths to prove they are right. They’ll create lies. They’ll spread rumors. They’ll twist the truth to fit their own narrative.

You can scream at them you can curse them out or you can calmly present facts to them , but it’s not going to make a difference. They have a talent for shapeshifting reality. They create their own stories. And they try to get as many different people to believe their narrative as possible,

In the last 2 weeks 3 of my offshore collegues died all are between 40 to 50 well let those morons live in their lalala land if I add their families and relative total 9 dead below video shows the extent of devastation

God bless those nurses hope GOI wakes up and provides them with necessary resources

Brain dead nationalists and idiot's are never going to admit they’re wrong. They’re never going to reflect on their choices and come to the realization that they need to change. It doesn’t matter what you do, or how much you you try to talk sense to them, because you’re never going to win an argument with them. They’ll go to great lengths to prove they are right. They’ll create lies. They’ll spread rumors. They’ll twist the truth to fit their own narrative.

You can scream at them you can curse them out or you can calmly present facts to them , but it’s not going to make a difference. They have a talent for shapeshifting reality. They create their own stories. And they try to get as many different people to believe their narrative as possible,

In the last 2 weeks 3 of my offshore collegues died all are between 40 to 50 well let those morons live in their lalala land if I add their families and relative total 9 dead below video shows the extent of devastation

God bless those nurses hope GOI wakes up and provides them with necessary resources

Understood brother. India needs all the help it can get right now.

It's a humanitarian issue.

Bless them! my thoughts and prayers are with these nurses, I hope they stay safe.

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Local nurses are among dozens across the country answering the call for help as the COVID-19 catastrophe in India deepens.

Make sure they are male. You know what wil happen if otherwise

We are happy to welcome these American nurses.

But don't send her even if she insists to come.

1620983492787.png

frankly I was thinking about the emotional scaring from working in that environment in crowded hospitals where people die from the lack of basic medical supplies.

If you are talking about crowded hospitals in Delhi, that crowd is gone since last week and emergency wards are empty these day.

This is was the most crowded hospital in Delhi till last week and see what it is three days back.

1620983995968.png

And talking of lack of basic medical supplies, Delhi is Oxygen surplus today. Hear it from Delhi's Deputy Chief minister.

" Today, after assessment of the COVID19 situation, Delhi's oxygen need is 582 MT per day. As a responsible government, we will give the surplus oxygen to the States who need it: Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia "

I know sexual violence against women is prevalent in that country but statistically they should be ok for the four to six weeks they plan to stay in India.
Rapes laws in India are among the most stringent and equivalent to that of Scandinavian countries.

And reported cases of rape per 100k is more than 10 times or 1000% higher in US compared to India.

Those American nurses would be 10 times safer in India compared to US.

Is there any pattern in the deaths and disease spread in India? Like density/rural/urban/social groups etc? And what lessons are there for Pakistan?

India is not a safe place for women with white skin.

We are happy to welcome these American nurses.

But don't send her even if she insists to come.

View attachment 743551

If you are talking about crowded hospitals in Delhi, that crowd is gone since last week and emergency wards are empty these day.

This is was the most crowded hospital in Delhi till last week and see what it is three days back.

View attachment 743553

And talking of lack of basic medical supplies, Delhi is Oxygen surplus today. Hear it from Delhi's Deputy Chief minister.

" Today, after assessment of the COVID19 situation, Delhi's oxygen need is 582 MT per day. As a responsible government, we will give the surplus oxygen to the States who need it: Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia "

Rapes laws in India are among the most stringent and equivalent to that of Scandinavian countries.

And reported cases of rape per 100k is more than 10 times or 1000% higher in US compared to India.

Those American nurses would be 10 times safer in India compared to US.

Rape laws my foot. Whole country is full of rapists.

It's probably the only country where even women actively encourage rape and stand by rapist.

Make sure they are male. You know what wil happen if otherwise

these are volunteers, it's a free country people make their own choices.
Lets not make it a rape thread and instead see this as a win for our shared humanity.

Strangers risking their lives and livelihoods for other strangers.

Last edited:
Hope they remain safe...

Covid is not the biggest threat to them

when y our working with pajeet and chowdry. make sure there is always another person in the room incase you get groped or worse.

Back
Top Bottom