What's new

US Navy can’t keep up with China’s PLA in shipbuilding, service chief says

Dude, why I need to ask anyone when I myself was deployed overseas?

When you are deployed, they weight everyone and everything because you have to board a plane, like you do when you fly anywhere from an airport, they need to weight YOU and YOUR LUGGAGE.

I am 95kg and stuff I was carrying over is around 55KG. Including my helmet, body armour, 3 pair of change clothes, my rifle (empty), 3 pairs of Boots, NVG, Rope, my personal item, razor, 7 pairs of socks, computers, mobile phone, camera. And my rug is about 20KG of food, bedding and so on, that make 55KG, and bear in mind I was supplied every 7 days in Iraq, you get supply every month on a ship.

And yes, that's how most soldier died in Normandy when they felt into the sea (not that deep by the way) and drown when they were drag down by their gear.

Dude, are you a navy sailor or flight crew serving on an aircraft carrier? Please show me pictures of their equipment not Army or Marines.

Dude, are you a navy sailor or flight crew serving on an aircraft carrier? Please show me pictures of their equipment not Army or Marines.
It's not what you got on you, it's what you bring on the ship. The room were empty, it's YOU who bring in your stuff.

And you don't need to serve on an Aircraft Carrier to know, as long as you have been vacationing overseas. How much luggage you bring onboard for a 14 days vacation? Last time I did, Qantas weighted it around 34 or 35kg, that's 14 days, and you are serving in that ship company for 180 days.

You don't use your M4 or Helmet or Flak jacket does not mean YOU DON'T BRING IT ONBOARD YOUR SHIP.......You put that with the standard airline luggage you would carry on an aircraft, then you will know how much extra stuff you brought on.

Just because you are on a Navy Ship does not mean you don't need to look like this

102b4e6118c52afcf648b98eae157b0e.jpg

Maybe you did it differently in China? I don't know

Last edited:
Is this news true?, China wants to build 3 million tons of ships in the next 10 years.

That would put it to nearly parity in terms of tonnage with the USN. All that many ships would mean either a lot of ships in Chinese ports, or a lot more Chinese ships around the world?

o_O

BTW, Looks like it’s going to be the Type 059 Frigate according to this post

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom