What's new

US Monitoring Pakistani missile tests.

The truth is in the pudding. Ten years from now, come re-read your statement above. I think I am reasonably sure, you'll have serious reservations about why we hooked up with India.

I say this because I have a lot of close friends who are Indians and I've known the game 10 years ago. India isn't hooking up with anyone. They had us in the corner because we wanted to build a partnership with them to counter China and obviously the business market for us. They were poor as hell 20 years ago, so they jumped on the opportunity. Now they are the fastest growing economy. In the next ten years, when their growth becomes independent of the US, we'll be treated like how we treat Germany or France today. They are important to us on papers....but are they really important??

Now India wants us to get them inside the UN so they have a permanent power seat. And we'll be helping them because we think we are their "strategic ally". That's not how they "Really" think. They think we are the means to the end.
India wants to rule the world and we were just the ladder to provide steps to the top. Watch how these interesting events will unfold over the next ten years. India will be get closer to Russia and China again to sustain their economic growth and have a closer to 3 billion people's market available to them via road and short air travel. We'll just be a powerful country to their far North which they'll have serious influence on.
There are no permanent friends or enemies in international relations. What brings two nations closer, apart from economic and strategic interests, is their shared values. How the nations behave in a given situation also determines the longevity of their relations. The world order is fast changing. From cold war era to unipolar system to multipolar power centers... the geo-politics was never so dynamic as today and in the near future. It is difficult to predict how the world will shape up tomorrow but economy and shared values will play the most important role.

There are no permanent friends or enemies in international relations.
It is difficult to predict how the world will shape up tomorrow but economy and shared values will play the most important role.

I agree with you 100%. In fact, we are saying the same thing I wrote, in a slightly different manner. But that's the fact. The only caveat is, being biased towards my country and wanting it to ALWAYS be the sole super power, I think we needed to be a little careful in putting all of our weight behind India. This doesn't mean we can't be friends, or can't do trade or be a strategic partnership, it just means, the US makes sure it has and will have the upper hand in many dealings, with regards to sensitive tech and defense industry. I think we are going all out and that's marginalizing our future interests around the globe. But hey, who am I to make this call. There are smarter and more experienced people involved with these deals.

Say the silhouettes of aircraft are depicted after successful kills, similarly two missile tests were successfully monitored hence displayed by the special mission aircraft.
successful monitoring of missile does not mean missiles were successsfull.. :lol: geez people assume ..
ISPR should more lenient about giving more information of missile 'success' or failure.. otherwise we have to rely on on indirect source like these to really confirm the success of the missile

Actually, this has nothing to do with Pakistan. I think what got monitored was the pattern / behavior of the missile and its accuracy. So really, we we monitoring the workings of the newer Chinese technology. Everything else Pakistan has, is either US provided or the US had great understanding of it. Its really a standard operating procedure. Nothing more.
The tomahawk cruise missiles that were fired on OBL Camps during Clinton's Administration for avenging the bombings of African US Embassies were also a major component of Pakistani Cruise Missile Program. 4 of the Tomahawks missed targets and fell short in Pakistani territory some even intact. Tomahawk design was not given by US or China. Yes, I agree that Pakistan has operated US Military Hardware of 65+ years and have learnt from it operationally and for R&D.

Or we can go with the guys who pay the Taliban and lied about hiding Bin Laden. Hmmmmm. Decision, decisions.:usflag:
If I go by your logic then the US was hiding all 19 9-11 Highjakers? Because as per your logic a country should know every terrorist that is living there? OBL was an evil genius and for him to fool CIA, ISI or MI6...was achievable, but he eventually got what he deserved. I wish he would not be in Pakistan because that is a black mark on the Pakistani martyrs killed in the line of duty for the war on terror.

successful monitoring of missile does not mean missiles were successsfull.. :lol: geez people assume ..
ISPR should more lenient about giving more information of missile 'success' or failure.. otherwise we have to rely on on indirect source like these to really confirm the success of the missile
Yea, despite an overcast, the Stargazers were out in force.:sarcastic:.... so if say missile tests were unsuccessful, what was there to monitor.. :cheesy:.... in case of failure, the Americans would know and i doubt they would cover it up.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom