What's new

US military chief coming with Pompeo to Pakistan

Keep them limited to FO office. While visiting US, your foreign minister is kept to US foreign department, and can't reach directly US president.

They are coming to pressurize you, to show you a stick, as usual.
You can say it pressure I think they are in no position to do that. It will be a more of a balanced talk because IK has already set the tone of this whole thing. So they will not make the mistake of pressure this time. This is just my assessment and opinion.

They are coming to discuss Afghanistan nothing more USA is in deep trouble and needs a bail out in Afghanistan

The US vice president tweeted this today.

The maneuvering room for the USA is getting constrained by every passing day!!! The pressure is building up on all cylinders!!! No wonder old hands like the Late Senator McCain wanted even his funeral services to be a message to Russia...

They are coming to pressurize you, to show you a stick, as usual.
I am pretty sure they'd love to!! But, time isn't on the US's side! Too many allies are being lost...

personaly i think we should clear message to usa this time we will do our decisions on our intersts no dictation from usa to be taken any more and no puppet show will run is islamabad and we want good relation with usa but not at the cost of national respect and security

remind them friend of my enemy is my enemy

if you keep india in afghainstan pakistan wont comply with usa on anything in afghainstan

IK has already set the tone of this whole thing.

No he hasn't. Neither he, nor the FM, or the FO have. They need to set the criteria publicly (which they haven't done) before the foreigners arrive. The messaging has been reactionary and impulsive rather than strategic and with purpose. Or else they're just gonna end up trading and asserting accusations of what was on the agenda and who said what. Reacting, like Pak usually does.

No he hasn't. Neither he, nor the FM, or the FO have. They need to set the criteria publicly (which they haven't done) before the foreigners arrive. The messaging has been reactionary and impulsive rather than strategic and with purpose. Or else they're just gonna end up trading and asserting accusations of what was on the agenda and who said what. Reacting, like Pak usually does.
Okay let's walk back and remember one statement that came from Rabbani in my assessment PPPP is going to support PTI against USA there are few reasons for PPPP to do that.

Musharaf was a dictator with no home support and needed US support to stay in Power even if it meant disaster of Pakistan. IK on the other hand, is an elected PM, he does not take policy decisions on his own without approval from both houses of parliament. It won't be easy armtwisting him.

A mind that thinks that Musharraf had no home support has his head buried so deep in the sand that it is scary! Musharraf's coup was severely opposed by the US but was supported throughout Pakistan by Pakistanis.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom