What's new

US losing patience with Pakistan, says Panetta

...Be straightforward and accept certain blunders of your successive governments...

Oh, I DO !! I was TOTALLY AGAINST INVADING IRAQ. BIG MISTAKE !! TOTAL WASTE !! And I wasn't too keen on the way we went about things in Afghanistan. There was NO WAY we should have had as large a 'foot-print' as we did/do. There were/is plenty of people that needed killing there but we shouldn't have tried to 'nation-build'. Dragging those people to democracy is IMPOSSIBLE and we shouldn't have even THOUGHT of it. WHAT A CLUSTER-F*CK !!

And the whole 'putting vipers' there in Pakistan is an old argument. We supported, WITH PAKISTANS BLESSING AND HELP, anti-Soviet forces 30 YEARS AGO AND MORE. About all the guys now blowing sh!t up in those crazy territories weren't even born yet. In the years since the Soviets, the U.S. has been out of there and PAKISTAN has been nurturing and using these guys for their own aims, like keeping a hand in Afghanistan, Kasmir, India...

And one last thing. You HAVE TO ADMIT that this site has MANY who, NO MATTER WHAT the U.S. does, are going to bust the U.S.'s balls. That's JUST WHAT THEY DO !! They post and gloat over the smallest thing that can be even slightly twisted to be anti-American. 'Why aren't the U.S. doing anything for Syria ?" And then if we did, HOLY SH!T !! We suck !! Or the ' U.S. IS BROKE AND POVERTY-STRICKEN' threads. Sure, we owe a bunch of money. BUT WE'LL BE O.K., as ALWAYS. But to have PAKISTANIS busting OUR BALLS ABOUT POVERTY is A HOOT !! Poverty in the U.S. and poverty in Pakistan are TWO, TOTALLY DIFFERENT ANIMALS. But again, some just can't resist the urge to poke the GREAT SATAN in the eye when they get a chance.

So, IS THE U.S. PERFECT ? NOT BY A LONG SHOT. BUT, when I look around, NO PLACE IS, and there is NO PLACE BETTER TO LIVE THAN THE U.S.A. Hey, 13,000,000 illegal aliens can't ALL BE WRONG !!:usflag:

Now I'm going to the bar to shoot some pool and watch the ball game. Later !!

have yet to meet a Pakistani who supports the two things mentioned above :blink:

Re-read post #181, dude.

that's the thing, they can continue their air campaign till infinity and they won't be able to "conquer" anything,...

We don't want to 'conquer' anything. We just want to kill some 'select' people there. You can keep the land.:tup:

For Pakistan to progress, they need a war.
War=progress...just look at nations like US who been fighting since decades.

"If an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, what happens?"

Although, in this case, the US force is merely overwhelming and the Pakistani object may yet see the wisdom of moving its policies in the right direction.

Otherwise, grab a large bag of popcorn and pull up a chair!
Thats what I already grabbed it and waitin for the start of the Show......:D

So Pakistani Leaders were sharp enough to see malice in American eyes and they course corrected from being American errand boys in the Hindu Kush to playing possum till US gets exhausted\exasperated and leaves- then Pakistan will rise up and declare a victory in sync with Mullah Omar ....and maybe TTP, Mehsud, Mangal Bagh Afridi, GulBahadur and even Ayman and the whole sorry bunch. As one member stated there are reasons for this Pak Strategic Defiance. I am guessing Nukes, geography & mass, China plus ISI wealth of Intel on goings-on in your backyard.

This Defiance will bear fruit and in time US & NATO will leave because they have no money. Afghans will be brought down to their knees by fearsome taliban in short order. India will be shut out of Central Asia. Karzai will come crawling to Islamabad for mea-culpa. Most of Pakistan's problems will go away. World will meet a new Pakistan- Confident, acting decisively, victorious and properous with no energy shortages, rich will pay full taxes, all BEARDOS will lay down their arms and become hard working integrated members of society and love Pakistan. Manmohan Singh will immediately press for resolution of Kashmir dispute. China will anoint Pakistan as ...well as the BFF!!! ( I hope I did not miss anything? Please do add to these predictions......)

If this all comes to pass then I will be the first to congratulate Pakistan, Great Kayani, ol' Zardari and all of you. You would have earned all the respect and admiration of the whole World. BUT, what if that is not the case?...... What if you are wrong?

The KEY question for Pakistan is will this strategy succeed? Is it the right way forward? Or not?.....

Let us read the tea leaves. ONE KEY metric to judge this on, is whether Pakistan's Best Friends China & Turkey agree with you on your strategy? Pakistan cannot exist in a vacuum!
If the future Chinese Leader Xi Jinping whispered "atta boy!" to Zardari yesterday & Abdullah Gül has been egging Pakistan on your quest for strategic defiance and Zamir Kabulov thinks you should continue to tolerate BEARDOS and Drug dealers THEN, by all means pursue your present course of action.

BUT IF, just IF China's new leader does not share you love of all things Taliban, Turkey does not think Taliban are their muslim brothers like they think Dostum is, Russia is averse to your BEARDOS then just maybe their is a small chance you may be on the wrong track....? Hunh?

Before anyone starts quoting SCO summit declarations, be advised that because Chinese and Russians are talking of a local solution for their own reasons it does NOT imply that they relish a future in which they have to deal with Taliban running wild in Central Asia allowing IMU, ETIM, Northern Caucasus Islamists (Chechens, Dagestanis) and others to cause problems.

Gambit suggested US would declare a closer relationship with india but I submit to you that US has begun to make common cause with China and perhaps Russia regarding future of Afghanistan. US can and will appeal to China's discomfort with the ease with which ETIM operates in Pakistan (now don't go blaming that on USA- when a chinese civilian in Peshawar is randomly killed by an East Asian looking man >>>Chinese hearts do not well up with warmth and understanding of Pakistani sacrifices). Now look nobody thinks it is all your fault but Pak military, Intelligence and police just don't do anything to make it uncomfortable for all these coloful international types amongst your nation. You cannot keep saying it is all CIA's doing we are innocent.

BTW there has been at least ONE fruitful meeting of US and Chinese officials regarding problems in Pakistan. Just FYI.

The great kayani can sit pretty until Chinese begin to doubt your vaunted ability to stem the flood of Beardos headed from Pakistan to destinations unknown. At that time your strategic defiance would have failed. IF & When China begins to see merit in US, Indian and Afghan complaints you would have lost. Now is the time to act for Pakistan.

Pay close attention to China-Afghan strategic partnership- there may be no seat for you there.

If I am proven wrong then I raise my glass to your wonderful nation a few years in advance. US will be forced to come around.

Now as Jon Bon Jovi would say "HAVE A NICE DAY."

Oh, I DO !! I was TOTALLY AGAINST INVADING IRAQ. BIG MISTAKE !! TOTAL WASTE !! And I wasn't too keen on the way we went about things in Afghanistan. There was NO WAY we should have had as large a 'foot-print' as we did/do. There were/is plenty of people that needed killing there but we shouldn't have tried to 'nation-build'. Dragging those people to democracy is IMPOSSIBLE and we shouldn't have even THOUGHT of it. WHAT A CLUSTER-F*CK !!

And the whole 'putting vipers' there in Pakistan is an old argument. We supported, WITH PAKISTANS BLESSING AND HELP,

Agreed! Somewhat symbiotic relationship.

About all the guys now blowing sh!t up in those crazy territories weren't even born yet.

Agreed - That's what happens when you eat your meal and leave the plates dirty, bacteria settles in.

In the years since the Soviets, the U.S. has been out of there and PAKISTAN has been nurturing and using these guys for their own aims, like keeping a hand in Afghanistan, Kasmir, India...

Not exactly! I am a tribal with EXTREMELY STRONG ties in the military (past and present). When you and the other benefactors left, these "Self Exploding" people went on AUTOPILOT. Vacuum left by you wasn't filled in by the military, but, by "America Hating" Saudis and other retards stuck in the 14th century. They kept sending money via "Havala," under the guise of building mosques and opening seminaries (religious schools). Majority of the population was not poor, but uneducated; Everything these "foreign Arabs" spoke they delivered it to their audience as it was part of scripture. We cried foul, we begged, no one listened to our plight. For you, cold war was already over, you had already hoisted the victory flag back home, therefore, there needn't be any more spending. What the f**k could we do? We did what was the next best thing, we grudgingly mopped everything under the rug! (Just a warning for future - Same stuff is brewing in the Balkans, Bosnia in particular, the A-Rabs you planted there are going in the EXACT same direction as they did in FATA. - This you wont learn at RAND)

And one last thing. You HAVE TO ADMIT that this site has MANY who, NO MATTER WHAT the U.S. does, are going to bust the U.S.'s balls. That's JUST WHAT THEY DO !! They post and gloat over the smallest thing that can be even slightly twisted to be anti-American. 'Why aren't the U.S. doing anything for Syria ?" And then if we did, HOLY SH!T !! We suck !! Or the ' U.S. IS BROKE AND POVERTY-STRICKEN' threads. Sure, we owe a bunch of money. BUT WE'LL BE O.K., as ALWAYS. But to have PAKISTANIS busting OUR BALLS ABOUT POVERTY is A HOOT !! Poverty in the U.S. and poverty in Pakistan are TWO, TOTALLY DIFFERENT ANIMALS. But again, some just can't resist the urge to poke the GREAT SATAN in the eye when they get a chance.

Are you kidding me? If you're even a little bit mature, ignore the children on this board. It's just a d**k measuring contest going on between Indians with American flags on their profiles and young and naive Pakistanis.
* If you don't insult us, don't show us your higher than god attitude, you'll find, far more reasonable, intelligent and cooperative people in Pakistan than you'd find in Tel Aviv :D Keep our short history and location in perspective; We're proud people who have always been flanked by adversity.
* We know there is nothing wrong with American debt servicing capacity and American economy will be back on track approximately something between 2016 - 2018. At the moment total US debt is 63% of it's GDP, it is NOWHERE near to be worrisome! Even if you keep spending like crazy, at present pace, it will take approximately 10 more years for your economy to be in moderate discomfort. (This takes into account = Euros present slump, projected into full scale chaos) So chill, kids on the board will be kids, they can hardly describe the term Economics, and you're expecting that they know "discreet event simulation," or do complex econometric tasks? If you're, then, you're also one of the same!

So, IS THE U.S. PERFECT ? NOT BY A LONG SHOT. BUT, when I look around, NO PLACE IS, and there is NO PLACE BETTER TO LIVE THAN THE U.S.A. Hey, 13,000,000 illegal aliens can't ALL BE WRONG !!:usflag:

* Just stop shooting a fly with a cannon - WTF - 2.5 trillion for killing 200 high value targets? Are you serious? Give me a trillion and I'll go neutralize their whole gene pool :D Your DoD needs a f*****g spanking. Best solution would be: You guys enjoy wrestling yeah? Why not have all the staff at Pentagon have a one one with AL-qaeda :D You and me can sit down in the front row and enjoy a ice-cold bud. No matter who dies in the fight, it will be a win win for both of our nations? What do you say?

Now I'm going to the bar to shoot some pool and watch the ball game. Later !![/COLOR]

Funny, I swear, just came back from one (soccer) :D :pakistan:

@Hyperion & other imbeciles,
"Hadi.. Hadi... Uzbek pic! No need for us to prove you right or wrong. You're member of a retarded, subdued and raped nation, trying to present an analysis on Pakistan. Indians at-least we respect as worthwhile adversaries; You on the other hand are street garbage, white trash, take your pick. Go back home chinky monkey!"

I was hoping that people who manage this Forum would have done something about your racist and ignoramus rant.
You claim to live in Turkey and use despicable language against Asian races. Do you know that modern Turks are cousins of Uzbeks and are proud to be Altaic (Read Asians derived from Mongols)? And do you think the chinese readers of this forum would appreciate you calling them "chinky"??
You Paks bury yourselves in so much self-inflicted poop that it is no coincidence that others do not have to try harder.
Your smart arse just offended all your closest allies - Turkey, China.

While your officals are begging to be let into SCO in Beijing do you think it is wise to call Central Asians white trash, raped nation Or "Chinky"??
What superior racial traits do you bring to the table?? Brains is obviously NOT one of them, nor is cultural sensitivity.

I can go around the globe and list what each nation calls you (Pakistanis) to bring this discourse down to your mental caliber, starting with your recent Slave-masters the English ( you are bloody Pakis to them) to your Religious-masters the Saudis (you are Miskin,ya Rafeek) and on and on and on......but insulting your nation is NOT my goal.

You should pay more attention to my arguments and read all my posts on this forum to enlighten yourself. Also pay MORE attention to my other flag. Although we shall NEVER meet, odds on I am whiter than you and taller than you & the Flag that I salute to has ...perhaps,...maybe once been lowered in defeat- you twit. Just so you know brown bro!!!!

P.S. I will let my parents know that all that expensive education got them a white trash for a son.
What a ----wad?!

Oh.. Eh.. Eh... Objective achieved. Did I succeed in getting under your thick Uzbek skin? :D
Now now.. don't compare yourself to the Chinese, I know better :P Now... shoo.. shoo and try to cash in the expensive education you received - but wait, that ain't gonna happen :)

@Hyperion & other imbeciles,
"Hadi.. Hadi... Uzbek pic! No need for us to prove you right or wrong. You're member of a retarded, subdued and raped nation, trying to present an analysis on Pakistan. Indians at-least we respect as worthwhile adversaries; You on the other hand are street garbage, white trash, take your pick. Go back home chinky monkey!"

I was hoping that people who manage this Forum would have done something about your racist and ignoramus rant.
You claim to live in Turkey and use despicable language against Asian races. Do you know that modern Turks are cousins of Uzbeks and are proud to be Altaic (Read Asians derived from Mongols)? And do you think the chinese readers of this forum would appreciate you calling them "chinky"??
You Paks bury yourselves in so much self-inflicted poop that it is no coincidence that others do not have to try harder.
Your smart arse just offended all your closest allies - Turkey, China.

While your officals are begging to be let into SCO in Beijing do you think it is wise to call Central Asians white trash, raped nation Or "Chinky"??
What superior racial traits do you bring to the table?? Brains is obviously NOT one of them, nor is cultural sensitivity.

I can go around the globe and list what each nation calls you (Pakistanis) to bring this discourse down to your mental caliber, starting with your recent Slave-masters the English ( you are bloody Pakis to them) to your Religious-masters the Saudis (you are Miskin,ya Rafeek) and on and on and on......but insulting your nation is NOT my goal.

You should pay more attention to my arguments and read all my posts on this forum to enlighten yourself. Also pay MORE attention to my other flag. Although we shall NEVER meet, odds on I am whiter than you and taller than you & the Flag that I salute to has ...perhaps,...maybe once been lowered in defeat- you twit. Just so you know brown bro!!!!

P.S. I will let my parents know that all that expensive education got them a white trash for a son.
What a ----wad?!

Live and learn.

thanks, i suggest the same to you as well Betty

Again, live and learn. Why do WE have to teach you stuff about what is going on in YOUR country.

you arent teaching us anything....youre making excuses and scape-goating us to cover your failures in Afghanistan. There is a difference.

Yeah! All those guys in sandals with clankety old AKs can march from N.Waziristan to Kabul undetected and blow shyte up and claim 50+% of NATO-occupied Afghanistan. Maybe possible in your hollywood movies, but far from reality. And far from the actual (bitter) truth.

Taleban are an Afghan phenomenon.

If you guys would be allowed (funny) to go up there in those territories, you might be better informed as to whats going on in your country. WHY AREN'T YOUR ARMY ALLOWED to go up there, anyway ?

of course they are "allowed" there....it's Pakistani territory.

However, out-of-the-box strategy helps us win this fight. We have informants, we have tribes on our side. Go in guns blazing, that is counter-productive.

For every civilian you kill, you could create 10 new taleb recruits. We won Swat from the scum, you still can't tame Kabul. You blame us instead of blaming yourselves and your trigger-happy bombing approach to problems.

And they blow stuff up and kill people, too. Nice guys.

so does NATO forces --- like what Sgt. Robert Bale did when he unloaded his M4 on 17 Afghan civilians in a fit of rage and frenzy

So you guys have private, illegal armies that terrorize two countries, more or less on your own soil and you concede that either you can't or won't do anything about it ? WOW !!

we concede that this battle to bring peace to the region wont happen overnight...and certainly not with itchy trigger fingers

by the way, U.S. is much more guilty of using "private" "illegal" armies in developing countries.....i heard that State Dept. may de-list Mujahideen e Khalq as a terrorist organization.

Again, hey, it's YOUR joint these guys are blowing up. Do what you got to do.

if things were my way, the fence would be up and electrified.......i used to support the use of land mines; until i saw what it does to children. I saw an Afghan refugee in Alamsher once, where his eye was suposed to be all i saw was purple and a dark hole

BALONY !! Funny how it's ALWAYS a wedding with tons of women and children. We've kind of seen through that B.S. a long time ago.

tell that to the Afghans, Betty. Tell it to their face that its balony.

tis not balony.....General Dempsey even flew to Kabul to apologize. The damage is done though.

you build a school in Herat for girls, then next day you kill 20-30 civilians and use contractors for night-time raids (to remove military footprint). This is not the proper approach.

PLEASE !! The WORLDS' MOST WANTED MAN living in the LARGEST COMPOUND in the PAKISTANI EQUIVALENT TO WEST POINT ? I was born at NIGHT, but it wasn't LAST NIGHT !

it wasnt the largest compound....it was a sleepy neighbourhood full of retired old folks with big bellies. It isnt a place for terrorists. If someone hides in a high rise in NYC's herald square and never leaves the room -- would be hard to track him down no?

Yeah, about THIRTY YEARS AGO. The THRILL was GONE, LONG AGO.

still doesnt change the fact that he was your guy at one point.....you armed him and promoted the migration of Arabs/Uzbeks and other global jihadists to do "God's work"

I like the way it looks and I think it makes my replies easier to read when I 'commentate' in the middle of others posts. That's all.

just use multi-quote....it's easier.

changing colours doesnt make your argument more cogent. thanks Betty.

@ Hyperidiot err Hyperion,
My Uzbekistan flag has more to do with Termez Terminal you turd. And the word "Chinky" is a racist slur to ALL Asian races Brown Boy. I merely share some insight with Brownies here when not "cashing" my education; ergo the 20 day hiatus in the come back. You want to talk trash brown saheeb? Game on brownie! Shoo your own tarry ***.

@ Hyperidiot err Hyperion,
My Uzbekistan flag has more to do with Termez Terminal you turd. And the word "Chinky" is a racist slur to ALL Asian races Brown Boy. I merely share some insight with Brownies here when not "cashing" my education; ergo the 20 day hiatus in the come back. You want to talk trash brown saheeb? Game on brownie! Shoo your own tarry turbaned/towel behind.

Lol, the US govt is losing patience with the Pakistani govt?
So basically the killer is getting tired of the victim's resistance?
That's a laugh. I hate the murdering thieves leading my country.

Back
Top Bottom