What's new

US, India discuss joint production of military equipment

That's disputable.

If India keeps going down the road it's going, then it'll be India that abandon's Russia, not the other way around.

It's not about naivety, it's about politics and money. Russia's economy relies heavily on it's defence industry, and losing out contracts to other nations with it's best customer is going to force Russia to look elsewhere.

Russia is losing some contracts and winning some. They might not be getting the whole pie but they are getting a good share of it. Will it abandon its share of the pie because they are not getting the whole pie? Thats exactly what's gonna happen if Russia gives any major weapons to pakistan.

As far as India abandoning Russia is concerned. It's not gonna happen in this decade or the next (Thanks mainly to FGFA). What happens after two decades later cannot be predicted now.

Pakistan can use those engines against India in a conflict,these engines were procured for the defense of the Pakistan borders and will be used whenever required....Do not go by any future predictions no has been ever sure about future....but by going according to the current scenarios and the ongoings in the world their is a less possibility of Russia doing anything at the cost of India to increase cooperation with Pakistan.

Exactly my point. Russia needs India now not the other way around.

Russia is losing some contracts and winning some. They might not be getting the whole pie but they are getting a good share of it. Will it abandon its share of the pie because they are not getting the whole pie? Thats exactly what's gonna happen if Russia gives any major weapons to pakistan.

As far as India abandoning Russia is concerned. It's not gonna happen in this decade or the next (Thanks mainly to FGFA). What happens after two decades later cannot be predicted now.

Exactly my point. Russia needs India now not the other way around.

Okay, I give up, you win. I still believe that this is going to hurt Russia-India relations, but whatever, keep believe what you wish. Only time will tell whom is the real victor.

Pakistan can use those engines against India in a conflict,these engines were procured for the defense of the Pakistan borders and will be used whenever required....Do not go by any future predictions no one ever has been sure about future....but by going according to the current scenarios and the ongoings in the world their is a less possibility of Russia doing anything at the cost of India to increase cooperation with Pakistan.

Ditto...........

I'd just like to point out however, Pakistan and Russia (for the first time in their history) are talking about and have agreed to boosting defence cooperation.

Pakistan, Russia to boost military cooperation

Just like to throw that out there.

I don't really get what the big deal is.
Russia know that its monopoly is over in indian market and they would be happy to go for JV with india and integrate their technologies with western rather than to lose indian orders .

Well, considering that Russia still isn't happy about India choosing the Rafale over a Russian fighter (like India traditionally did), Russia is going to view this as India moving towards US and EU, and abandoning Russia.

Also, with the NSA and Snowden, not to mention Syria and Iran issues, Russia/US relations are the worst they've been in a long time. Russia and US may not be allies, but they're not friendly and in some cases are still downright hostile towards each other.

Leave that to our strategists.

If we can make do with Iran and Israel, Saudi and Israel, Azerbaijan and Armenia, then we can make do with Russia and US as well.

None of our actions are against Russian interests and none of them are against American interests.

That's called foreign policy neutrality 101.

I don't really get what the big deal is.

Nothing much.

Except that we managed to unite the two deadly enemies of 50 years together without even mediating between them politically. :D

Russia know that its monopoly is over in indian market and they would be happy to go for JV with india and integrate their technologies with western rather than to lose indian orders .

Maybe, we don't know that for sure.

Leave that to our strategists.

If we can make do with Iran and Israel, Saudi and Israel, Azerbaijan and Armenia, then we can make do with Russia and US as well.

None of our actions are against Russian interests and none of them are against American interests.

That's called foreign policy neutrality 101.

Nothing much.

Except that we managed to unite the two deadly enemies of 50 years together without even mediating between them politically. :D

First off, I've said it before and I'll say it again, this has more to do with economics than anything else, so Russia will not be happy that their monopoly is gone.

Second, India did not unite these two, in fact they're still far apart of almost every world issue and are still hostile towards each other. Don't take credit for something that India never did.

US went to the wrong and worthless candidates. It won't work. Rather they should go for joint venture with Bangladesh.

India had given clear signs of buying western equipment . Russia will change its policy according to that .

Of course it will, but it may not be what Indian members here expect. Russia may not be willing to play along with India's decision and may start looking elsewhere and search for another nation to fill in the gap that India just created.

You have to keep in mind that Russia's economy heavily depends on military sales, with India being it's biggest customer. If Russia ever feels that this relationship with India is being threatened, they may not be willing to just go along with India's decisions.

US went to the wrong and worthless candidates. It won't work. Rather they should go for joint venture with Bangladesh.

Bangladesh is too close to China, and doesn't have the money to be worth the US's interest. India is an emerging world power, that is in the trillion dollar club, and is spending tens of billions of dollars in it's defence needs, of course the US is going to prefer India over Bangladesh.

I do not know for sure whether Russia will like this or not, but people from another country, which
is neither US, Russia or India, certainly are not liking this.

Of course it will, but it may not be what Indian members here expect. Russia may not be willing to play along with India's decision and may start looking elsewhere and search for another nation to fill in the gap that India just created.

You have to keep in mind that Russia's economy heavily depends on military sales, with India being it's biggest customer. If Russia ever feels that this relationship with India is being threatened, they may not be willing to just go along with India's decisions.
We have some confirmed deals with Russia worth billions that makes Russia trust that India is still in its court . Now which country is going to replace India . China is out and please dont say Pakistan .

We have some confirmed deals with Russia worth billions that makes Russia trust that India is still in its court . Now which country is going to replace India . China is out and please dont say Pakistan .

I wasn't even thinking of Pakistan, but relations between Pakistan and Russia have been growing.

I was thinking more along the lines of latin America, more specifically Brazil.

I'd also like to point out that the number of deals isn't what counts, or how much their worth. The issue lies in which deals Russia didn't get.

I wasn't even thinking of Pakistan, but relations between Pakistan and Russia have been growing.
I was thinking more along the lines of latin America, more specifically Brazil.
I'd also like to point out that the number of deals isn't what counts, or how much their worth. The issue lies in which deals Russia didn't get.
Even if Russia exports become a part of Indian imports , latin america wouldnt replace india . Just see the statistics . Russia might complement but it cannot find an alternative customer like India .
Exactly PAKFA/FGFA is worth 30+ billion . That alone compensates balance with other deals.

Even if Russia exports become a part of Indian imports , latin america wouldnt replace india . Just see the statistics . Russia might complement but it cannot find an alternative customer like India .
Exactly PAKFA/FGFA is worth 30+ billion . That alone compensates balance with other deals.

Perhaps, but Russia has recently been pushing heavily in Latin America for military sales.

Back
Top Bottom