What's new

US IMPOSES BIG SANCTIONS ON INDIAN GOODS

Trump is an idiot, to put it mildly! US has the choice not to buy foreign products if it thinks it has been treated unfairly. Trade is not a zero sum game.

It's a little bit more complicated than that, it is about creating dependencies and then leveraging in a systematic controlling way. It's not a spur of the moment decision but based on years of data, analysis and calculations.

LOL, I feel pity on the few idiots in this thread who think or wish to think the new U.S protectionist policy and tariff imposition is only on India. It is largely for the world and every country doing business with U.S will have the implication. It's not just India.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/165121...-direct-implications-pakistans-economy/?amp=1

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1650476/2-pakistan-may-suffer-domino-effect-world-goes-trade-war/?amp=1

https://www.thenews.com.pk/amp/3019...us-china-trade-hostilities-for-pakistan-world

Apart from all the above implications USA is coming up with an FATF surprise to one of our friends. LOL :lol::lol::lol:

We already knew it especially after FATF episode and that time you Indians were jumping up and down about grey / black list etc. US-Pak relations are already on decline and it doesn't need Sherlock to disclose it but when similar things happen with India by US, here in this case, Pakistanis will happily troll Indians as a reminder.

We already knew it especially after FATF episode and that time you Indians were jumping up and down about grey / black list etc. US-Pak relations are already on decline and it doesn't need Sherlock to disclose it but when similar things happen with India by US, here in this case, Pakistanis will happily troll Indians as a reminder.

There is a BIG difference in both buddy. This trade war involves U.S vs rest of the world, not just India alone. But in the other case you are all also. I guess you got my point. :p:

There is a BIG difference in both buddy. This trade war involves U.S vs rest of the world, not just India alone. But in the other case you are all also. I guess you got my point. :p:

Doesn't matter to us now but India finally not getting an exemption is a welcome news for us.

Doesn't matter to us now but India finally not getting an exemption is a welcome news for us.

It ain't over yet, down the road we will make sure to achieve some level of exception favourable for us. It only a matter of time, just wait and see. :-)

You know the irony is

The main intended tariffs which were for China have not been implemented yet
However for the collateral damage countries like India , Europe and Turkey well they are already in full effect

So somehow China is the one exempted lol

Last edited:
Another doctored title with an equally silly picture to replace that in the original article quoted !

The article is of 23 May , while surfing for something to post the OP seems to have bumped into something now !

Trump imposed the tariffs in March, levying 25 percent on steel imports and 10 percent on aluminum. He said they were justified by national security concerns and therefore outside the WTO's remit.

How the hell is this India-exclusive? BTW it is called anti-dumping duty. Not sanctions. Sanctions are what North Korea gets.

Trump is going nuts on everyone and is ensuring that US will end up making their own good extremely expensive. Given the fact that US companies will not be moving their factories to US for a long time, he just axed his own foot. Now every US company will pay 25% to their government for importing steel or related products.

Who benefits from this? All other countries who have no such issues.

Back
Top Bottom