Status
Not open for further replies.

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
US hikes Pakistan aid by 40% in 2014 budget - The Times of India

WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama on Wednesday proposed a 40% increase in American aid to Pakistan, amounting to $1.4 billion, as part of his $3.77 trillion budget that focusses on job creation and economic growth.

Obama among other things proposed to increase the US aid to Pakistan under overseas contingency operations to $1.4 billion for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2013, an increase of 40% than the $1 billion that he had proposed in the last year's budget for the fiscal 2013. Obama also proposed to reduce the deficit by another $1.8 trillion.

According to Obama's budget proposals, the state department's $47.8 billion budget includes $6.8 billion for the frontline states of Iraq ($2.1 billion), Afghanistan ($3.4 billion ), and Pakistan ($1.4 billion ). The proposals included $3 billion in base funding and $3.8 billion in overseas contingency operations funding. In view of the terrorist attack on the US consulate in Benghazi in Libya last year, the budget provides over $4 billion to secure overseas personnel.

No I don't see Iran Pakistan gas-pipeline getting sanctioned! :p Americans seem to have realized their need of Pakistan - BUT its a short-term dependency which they have upon us. I don't see America and Pakistan as allies for another 50 years at least.

Sounds like a win win situation for me and the taxpayers.

jk

And our motherland, is it a win situation for her? God know what will happen when they lose their nukes and their people flood our land.

And our motherland, is it a win situation for her? God know what will happen when they lose their nukes and their people flood our land.

Haven't you gotten your passport to Antarctica yet? :D

Btw I hid a "jk" inside my post.

That,s you misconception we even survived there sanctions......

Pakistan survived sanctions because Pakistan became ally in war on terror just in three years after nuclear test and more than 20 billion aid flowed in.

Good news for next Govt finencial managers but bad news for Foreign policy managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom