What's new

Featured US highlights CAATSA risk in Indian fighter procurement

12 MKI......Interesting
11 for crash replacement and 01 for 27/2 skirmish :lol: exposed....

Hamara vayman nasht nahien howa :rofl:
I will admit this- i dunno which Pakistani member on PDF posted this some few years ago, but it showed all 270+ crashes of the IAF..it was astounding....i just keep wondering about their current operation capability....

I will admit this- i dunno which Pakistani member on PDF posted this some few years ago, but it showed all 270+ crashes of the IAF..it was astounding....i just keep wondering about their current operation capability....
At any time their top air superiority MKI only 50% operational, due to high maintenance on low flying hours....

Epic fail...

Check the crash records...till now only 11 MKI crashed + 01 destroyed by PAF so total 12...No cry me a river but facts are facts.....
No its 10.
Check again. incident in Apr 2012 was not a crash there was only minor damage and plane SB-106 was repaired.

PAF never managed to put a single scratch on Su-30 MKI.

Update: US highlights CAATSA risk in Indian fighter procurement
29 June 2020
by Jon Grevatt

The United States government has urged India to reconsider its planned acquisition of Russian fighter aircraft, a move that risks potential sanctions under the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).

In comments to Janes on 26 June an official from the US Department of State did not make specific reference to the Indian Air Force (IAF) procurement but said that India has not been safeguarded from possible penalties under the law.

The official said, “Without commentating on private diplomatic conversations, I can confirm that we urge all of our allies and partners to forgo transactions with Russia that risk triggering sanctions under the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).”

The official added, “While we cannot prejudge whether a specific transaction would result in sanctions, it is important to note that CAATSA does not have any blanket or country-specific waiver provision. “There are strict criteria for considering a waiver, and each transaction is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The Secretary of State has not made any determination regarding the significance of any transaction involving India.”

The comments come after Janes reported on 19 June that the IAF was looking to fast-track the procurement – valued at about USD1.4 billion – of 21 used Mikoyan MiG-29 and 12 new Sukhoi Su-30MKI combat aircraft to boost its air combat capabilities.

The move is partly in response to heightened border tensions between India and China. The IAF would aim to take delivery of the aircraft in 2022.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...hts-caatsa-risk-in-indian-fighter-procurement

well this is a dilemma for India. If it buys from Russians, it will face sanction from the west. If it doesn't buy from Russians and instead from the west, it will push Russians to the Chinese side. Two hostile giants next to you, that won't be a comfortable life, especially since the western support is unreliable at best.

A supapowa, both sides of face got slapped by Yankee master. Still remember 2.5 front war boasting?

upload_2020-7-3_10-5-58.jpeg

Update: US highlights CAATSA risk in Indian fighter procurement
29 June 2020
by Jon Grevatt

The United States government has urged India to reconsider its planned acquisition of Russian fighter aircraft, a move that risks potential sanctions under the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).

In comments to Janes on 26 June an official from the US Department of State did not make specific reference to the Indian Air Force (IAF) procurement but said that India has not been safeguarded from possible penalties under the law.

The official said, “Without commentating on private diplomatic conversations, I can confirm that we urge all of our allies and partners to forgo transactions with Russia that risk triggering sanctions under the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA).”

The official added, “While we cannot prejudge whether a specific transaction would result in sanctions, it is important to note that CAATSA does not have any blanket or country-specific waiver provision. “There are strict criteria for considering a waiver, and each transaction is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The Secretary of State has not made any determination regarding the significance of any transaction involving India.”

The comments come after Janes reported on 19 June that the IAF was looking to fast-track the procurement – valued at about USD1.4 billion – of 21 used Mikoyan MiG-29 and 12 new Sukhoi Su-30MKI combat aircraft to boost its air combat capabilities.

The move is partly in response to heightened border tensions between India and China. The IAF would aim to take delivery of the aircraft in 2022.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/...hts-caatsa-risk-in-indian-fighter-procurement

well this is a dilemma for India. If it buys from Russians, it will face sanction from the west. If it doesn't buy from Russians and instead from the west, it will push Russians to the Chinese side. Two hostile giants next to you, that won't be a comfortable life, especially since the western support is unreliable at best.

Currently, the only country that cave save India from China is China, and yet India is doing everything to offend it more and more.

For India, a reconciliation with China is possible but politically expensive. India can undo Aug, 5 changes and re-align its strategy to be China's ally in the future - but it will come at a political cost - the death of BJP and RSS which its self-centred leadership is not ready to offer. India's unwise strategists are betting future of their country but they are not ready to bet their personal political carriers. And that is the reason why India is in a deep $hit.

Currently, the only country that cave save India from China is China, and yet India is doing everything to offend it more and more.

For India, a reconciliation with China is possible but politically expensive. India can undo Aug, 5 changes and re-align its strategy to be China's ally in the future - but it will come at a political cost - the death of BJP and RSS which its self-centred leadership is not ready to offer. India's unwise strategists are betting future of their country but they are not ready to bet their personal political carriers. And that is the reason why India is in a deep $hit.

It’s also India’s best interest to improve relationships with Pakistan but RSS and BJP won’t allow it.

Americans to Mikheil Saakashvili:
Georgia, my pawn. You have my back, go bite Russia.
MikhailSaakashvili_%26_GeorgeWBush_-_FreedomSquare_Tbilisi_-_2005May10.jpg

Americans:
Fight with Russia for Georgia, you nuts?
20041120-6_putinpowell-515h.jpg

Mikheil Saakashvili:
Fcuk, I was sold by Americans. Now I find new home in Ukraine.
_83319956_6f7e1d1f-6fe4-4924-a4f5-eab3e4a3b861.jpg

Americans to Modi:
Modi my pawn, go bite Pakistan and China. You have my back.
Modi:
Yes, sir. I have 56 inch chest. I can fight 2.5 front war, take both Pakistan and China.

Modi:
Things not going well, where are Americans?

Chinese and American in Hawaii:
Now we can talk about how much India can be sold this time. Higher than Georgia I suppose.
f7DQoGsytlbV9idM4LXnkdoTg_ID_oCS4-CePvA9cNvkzLbfLAK-Zo_wSovwQM-HxrgmUg50YPzCz_K1lKanIYNBLqOtQn96z1bIY89JHoSSepclc_RnlsFgjnLEW3ey

Pompeo to Meet His Chinese Counterpart in Hawaii for Talks

Not to mention the damage that iw would do, After all US was fattening the goose since 92 to fought against china, but balls have only shrunk, entry in NSG, nuke cooperation etc these all come at pricing a price that Bhakt can ill afford at the moment

It’s also India’s best interest to improve relationships with Pakistan but RSS and BJP won’t allow it.

that is so true. There are articles about how China can be "generous" when countries want to settle their border with China seriously. In fact, Zhou Enlai offered a bigger portion of land to Nehru but as usual India with its overconfidence refused the offer. When Modi came to power, China thought this guy will have enough political capital to finally solve the border dispute with China. After all, most people in the world don't even know where the border is, and hardly anyone live there. But again, China is disappointed.

Pakistan is a different case though. I don't know how both Pakistan and India can solve Kashmir situation. It is just like the situation between Palestine and Israel. There are people living in the disputed territory. The last time I saw this kind of similar situation resolved relatively amicably was when the Indonesians let the East Timor gained independence. But that can only happened because Indonesia's situation was terrible. Economic crisis, political crisis, and religious civil wars hit Indonesia at that time. Basically Indonesia was on the verge of becoming the next Yugoslavia at that time. The last thing Indonesia need was international embargo because of East Timor crisis. So Indonesia let the East Timor to have referendum.

Back
Top Bottom