What's new

US helping Pakistan become stable, prosperous, democratic nation: Brian Heath

here is a quote from a history book - let me know if you need more:

"the increasing American involvement in Vietnam put an additional strain
on Russo-American relations. The American attempt to buttress an independent and
non-communist South Vietnamese state entailed war against the Vietcong, which
ranked in communist terminology as a national liberation movement, and war against
the communist state of North Vietnam, and something like war against the vastly more
important communist state of China. For the Russians to fail to support President Ho
Chi Minh of North Vietnam would be a betrayal of communist solidarity, dangerous
at any time to Russian standing in the communist world and doubly dangerous at a
time when Russian pre-eminence and doctrinal purity were being assailed by the
Chinese. Further, for the Russians to fail to support the Vietcong was again doubly
dangerous, for if the Vietcong lost, communists would blame the Russians, whereas
if the Vietcong won without Russian help, Chinese influence might rout Russian
influence in Asia."

But how did we get to Pakistan with that quote above?

(It is customary to credit the source of any quotes used:

World Politics since 1945: Peter Calvocoressi: 9781405899383: Amazon.com: Books )

Lol, losing the arguments I see....anyways, next time.
lol - it is not the matter of argument - it is about derailing the thread - i will surely tag you in the relevant thread - wait for me --- this is not the thread to continue

US had to take revenge from USSR and that vengence brought them to Pakistan - US, KSA, support for Radical Islam

(It is customary to credit the source of any quotes used:

World Politics since 1945: Peter Calvocoressi: 9781405899383: Amazon.com: Books )
fair enough -- i have the pdf version

US had to take revenge from USSR and that vengence brought them to Pakistan - US, KSA, support for Radical Islam

What USA is doing to deal with Russia has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening in Pakistan.

lol - it is not the matter of argument - it is about derailing the thread - i will surely tag you in the relevant thread - wait for me --- this is not the thread to continue

fair enough -- i have the pdf version

Lol, not looking forward to it....A bit too amateurish for my liking.

Khuda kay lie hamain hamary haal py chor do.

You are a major non-NATO ally of the United States of America. The United States has an obligation to support you.

What USA is doing to deal with Russia has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening in Pakistan.
lol - Please elaborate on it - what makes you say that ---
US supported the idea - they wanted the Radical islam - when the idea was presented to them they knew that this would be the only way to win the theatre of war in Afghanistan - Afghanistan had no religious value, so the only way to attract 1000s of fighters would be through islam- CIA poured in millions of dollars - trained them ---
Once the war was over - they left them as it is - and a power gap was created - it was them who brough AQ to Afghanistan - so YES, my dear they started it

Lol, not looking forward to it....A bit too amateurish for my liking.
will see

US supported the idea - they wanted the Radical islam - when the idea was presented to them they knew that this would be the only way to win the theatre of war in Afghanistan - Afghanistan had no religious value, so the only way to attract 1000s of fighters would be through islam- CIA poured in millions of dollars - trained them ---
Once the war was over - they left them as it is - and a power gap was created - it was them who brough AQ to Afghanistan - so YES, my dear they started it

will see

I meant your arguments.

I meant your arguments.
they were amateur and yet you could not argue with them?
good luck - and I just read the other thread in Senior Cafe- bottom of the likes of you have been wopped enough ---

1579985_720278611338035_692984786_a.jpg

they were amateur and yet you could not argue with them?
good luck - and I just read the other thread in Senior Cafe- bottom of the likes of you have been wopped enough ---

Oh you mean chak Bhamu's silly post. ..I read it after along while and did not bother replying to the frustration that you so clearly exhibit yourself.

Give me an example where this hasn't been the case- If you exclude the non state actors - and the militant sectarian organizations that Govt has provided everyone with the right to practice their religion be it a Hindu, Sikh or a Christian -

Than the govt cannot be following any religious law. If the govt follows religion, any religion, than there would be different laws for different religious communities. That means there is inequality. Equality means same laws, meaning separation of religion from state.

Its not that non-Islamic, democratic countries offer equality. Take for example India. There are different laws (marriage etc) for different religious communities. Point is, if you make rules based on religion, you cannot offer equality, for rules would be different for different communities.

You're right.
They started funding, arming and training the Mujahideen, Al Qaeda and Taliban during the Soviet invasion. I wouldn't say it was only to avenge what happened to them in Vietnam, they just wanted to keep Soviet influence from spreading, though maybe the Vietnam thing made them more blood thirsty.
After the soviets got kicked out, Afghanistan was left with a weak government and thousands of well armed and trained militants. Its no wonder the Afghan government fell to be replaced by the Taliban who made Afghanistan a hub of terrorism and Al Qaeda.

They did the same in Syria, funding the 'moderate' rebels to topple Assad, the result was ISIS.

Every country where the US brings its 'democracy' goes to hell.

As inventive as that hypothesis is, it still does not follow from what you quoted above for Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom