What's new

US had stopped Jordan from sending jets to Pakistan in 1971 war

No.
Russia sent its own forces.
The detente was that if US intervenes in the war directly, Russia would as well.
US could do nothing other than make sure India didnt start attacking West Pakistan. Something we had no plans for either.

Anybody in the world who actually believes that the US did not interfere in the war because of the fear that Russia would also get involved is seriously delusional. As I had posted earlier, when has Russia not backed down against the US?

I agree. Thats why i said that they could have influenced it, had the war escalated. We cant not deny the fact that they were (and are) the super power. They could have reversed the outcome of the war.

I had also read somewhere (cant remember where) that USSR was trying to block the US aircraft for the same reason.

Yes well, apparently the USSR had sent her own fleet of submarines to act as a deterrent against the 7th Pacific fleet of the US! As if that could have been enough had the US other intentions.

Anybody in the world who actually believes that the US did not interfere in the war because of the fear that Russia would also get involved is seriously delusional. As I had posted earlier, when has Russia not backed down against the US?

Yes well, apparently the USSR had sent her own fleet of submarines to act as a deterrent against the 7th Pacific fleet of the US! As if that could have been enough had the US other intentions.
It was.
At that point of time Soviet Military was at its absolute Zenith. One Russian task force was already in BoB to preempt the Americans, another was on its way.

And all the Russians had to say was - we wont interfere directly if you dont.

Contrary to how Pakistani's are -you know gracious and all - always willing to get killed for their Arab 'brothers', Americans wont get into a nuclear war over Pakistan.
They wont risk the existence of their nation over Pakistan.
The Americans still made sure that India did not start attacking West Pakistan.

But then thats those pesky Americans for you. If only they were like Pakistan, willing to risk their country time and again, as if it is of no significance, for the Arabs.

But then again, only Muslims can understand this suicidal bending over backwards for some 'brother countries'.
Wonder why no one gave Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Bangladesh that memo. Guess they are not Muslim enough.

It was.
At that point of time Soviet Military was at its absolute Zenith. One Russian task force was already in BoB to preempt the Americans, another was on its way.

And all the Russians had to say was - we wont interfere directly if you dont.

Contrary to how Pakistani's are -you know gracious and all - always willing to get killed for their Arab 'brothers', Americans wont get into a nuclear war over Pakistan.
They wont risk the existence of their nation over Pakistan.
The Americans still made sure that India did not start attacking West Pakistan.

But then thats those pesky Americans for you. If only they were like Pakistan, willing to risk their country time and again, as if it is of no significance, for the Arabs.

But then again, only Muslims can understand this suicidal bending over backwards for some 'brother countries'.
Wonder why no one gave Turkey, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Bangladesh that memo. Guess they are not Muslim enough.

You sure love to mention the word Muslim, I mean do you have the system setup to post the word after every 10 characters or something?

Anyway, zenith or not, the USSR had a history of backing down against the US whenever the challenge was unavoidable. Similarly, had the US been committed to the rescue of Bangladesh (you know what I mean), they would have intervened directly and the USSR would have backed down.

how can you lie to your self like that?
if the use chose to do something india would have been 36 different nations.
unfortunately our ally abandoned us at that time.
pakistan mismanaged the situation, thats the only reason we lost. our bengali soldiers should have been attacking mukhti bahani instead of sitting in our jails because our fucking commanders wouldn't trust them, an average pakistani is twice the man an average indian is. we lost one war but we brought your one billion people down to their knees in every other war with our tiny fraction of an army lol.
just know this that our army, air force, and navy are half your size and yet you can't even touch us in a battlefield.
Apart from your other childish, teen age rants, the bold part made my day. I laughed a lot. Thanks for the entertainment bro.:lol:

Zia ul haq already payback to Jordanian King by saving him from huge revolt. A back september....

You sure love to mention the word Muslim, I mean do you have the system setup to post the word after every 10 characters or something?
You missed Aeronauts post then. Anycase the latter part of the post was not meant for you.

Anyway, zenith or not, the USSR had a history of backing down against the US whenever the challenge was unavoidable. Similarly, had the US been committed to the rescue of Bangladesh (you know what I mean), they would have intervened directly and the USSR would have backed down.
Thats assumption on your part that USSR would have backed down.
USSR had indicated its seriousness. It had already sent one fleet, another one was on its way.
There was no way that US could have stopped India from capturing BD unless it started attacking India directly. Threats had zero effect on Indira Gandhi. She was willing to fight with the Carrier as well. Even then, for a country with as many resources as India one Carrier was just not enough to stop IA.

I would say you have to trust the professional judgement of US Government. They had access to a lot more resources about how serious USSR was. They deemed that USSR was serious, their internal communications reveal as much.

Kissinger did everything possible under the Sun to prevent/stop India. He was apparently rather attached with Pakistan. It didnt work. Thats how it is, sometimes things dont work according to US plans.

Zia ul haq already payback to Jordanian King by saving him from huge revolt. A back september....

your dates are reversed.

Please make sure to understand that A is usually before B in the regular alphabetic scheme.

Thank you.

You missed Aeronauts post then. Anycase the latter part of the post was not meant for you.

Thats assumption on your part that USSR would have backed down.
USSR had indicated its seriousness. It had already sent one fleet, another one was on its way.
There was no way that US could have stopped India from capturing BD unless it started attacking India directly. Threats had zero effect on Indira Gandhi. She was willing to fight with the Carrier as well. Even then, for a country with as many resources as India one Carrier was just not enough to stop IA.

I would say you have to trust the professional judgement of US Government. They had access to a lot more resources about how serious USSR was. They deemed that USSR was serious, their internal communications reveal as much.

Kissinger did everything possible under the Sun to prevent/stop India. He was apparently rather attached with Pakistan. It didnt work. Thats how it is, sometimes things dont work according to US plans.

Funny in some ways and totally sad in other ways,

that the two neighbors willing to fork each other

While one saying Stalin wase my unkils, Indian unkil, not yours, ;no unkil for Pakistan.
the other one saying

Unkil Sam was not good unkil.

I mean are you guys really interested in grown up discussion or just the repeat of old young boy stories.

Please realize that

the $hit in our region is spread by us

And we are the ones who can throw more $hit at each other or respect each other.

Choice is ours

and not unkil Sams or Unkil Stalin's.

So many countries wanted to either help or already helping Pakistan (Like US sent its aircraft carrier to the Bay of Bengal), still Pakistan lost the war.

Obviously because Pakistan Army were killing their own people. Karma has to rebound anyways.

Funny millions of Indians die every year ... Killing over 200 million ppl since 1947... Karma? U believe in that right.

your dates are reversed.
Please make sure to understand that A is usually before B in the regular alphabetic scheme.
Thank you.
Funny in some ways and totally sad in other ways,
that the two neighbors willing to fork each other
While one saying Stalin wase my unkils, Indian unkil, not yours, ;no unkil for Pakistan.
the other one saying
Unkil Sam was not good unkil.
I mean are you guys really interested in grown up discussion or just the repeat of old young boy stories.
Please realize that
the $hit in our region is spread by us
And we are the ones who can throw more $hit at each other or respect each other.
Choice is ours
and not unkil Sams or Unkil Stalin's.
We are dissecting the past Fauji. Hindsight. Nothing to do with the present or future.

well the fact of the matter is no one helps any one until he has something to gain in return and never they do for a loosing side specially when they both have a common master

here USA was the master and king of Jordan wanted to settle some scores with pelestenian refugees and used PA for the same and when it was payback time he send his obsolete jets so to save the face but we all know till then the war was already lost

thanks you all

Kindly read history. Pakistan Army killed hundreds of thousands of their brothers in East Pakistan. Its no conspiracy.

India doesn't hate Muslims, that's why there was never decrease in Muslim population unlike Pakistan and Bangladesh where Hindus decreased.

India had Muslim President, Supreme Court judges, Professors, Scientists, Sportpersons, Actors etc.

There are around 2 billion Muslims, 200 million live in India out of 1.2 billion of Indian population. Tell me, where Muslims are most safe right now.

Look at Syria, Iraq, Palestine, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc. Our Muslims are safe from external aggression, all protected by 1 billion Hindus, Sikhs, Christians etc.

Our Muslims are not fighting among each other unlike other countries.
There r less than 150 million Muslims in India ... The largest minority yet the poorest n the most poor n under represented n as decreasing population do u see thousands of them being butchered n the culprits free n running for power n winning!?

well the fact of the matter is no one helps any one until he has something to gain in return and never they do for a loosing side specially when they both have a common master

here USA was the master and king of Jordan wanted to settle some scores with pelestenian refugees and used PA for the same and when it was payback time he send his obsolete jets so to save the face but we all know timm then the war was already lost

thanks u all

no body sent anything yaar.

Why are you building a flying carpet and genie world on PDF.

We are dissecting the past Fauji. Hindsight. Nothing to do with the present or future.

It is the same ole $hite. Sorry to say.

What is is the jingoistic attitude of claiming to fire from the shoulders of unkil Stalin or unkil Sam. This is childish at best.

no body sent anything yaar.

Why are you building a flying carpet and genie world on PDF.

It is the same ole $hite. Sorry to say.

What is is the jingoistic attitude of claiming to fire from the shoulders of unkil Stalin or unkil Sam. This is childish at best.
so your sying that OP is wrong that jordan send its fighter jets and pilots to fight a war with infidel india to save its ummah brother in 1971 for the love of muslim brother hood :azn:

thats realli mean of you how can you be so cruel on the Ummah's existence :fie:

but why isnt the ummah helping pressurise USA for stopping its hegemony and criminal activities of its CIA :blink:

Back
Top Bottom