What's new

US Fifth Fleet ready for Iran attack, experts say

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
US Fifth Fleet ready for Iran attack, experts say

Military experts say the Fifth Fleet has come a long way since Iranian gunboats crippled it within hours in a notorious war game five years ago.In fact, says John Pike, president of the Alexandria, Va.-based Global Security Web site, the Navy was well on its way to solving the challenge of fending off the swarming swift boats before the war game began.

In that test, an enemy "red team" headed by retired Marine Corps Gen. Paul Van Riper deployed the gun boats and propeller-driven suicide planes to paralyze the Fifth Fleet, based in Bahrain in the Persian Gulf.It took Riper less than two hours to knock it out of commission.

Key to the shocking result was Van Riper's strategy of neutralizing the American advantage in big guns and cruise missiles by getting in close before hostilities began. But the Navy now has the MK 182, “the mother of all shotgun shells,” fired by 5-inch guns deployed on every major ship in the fleet, says Pike.

ASIAN DEFENCE: Fifth Fleet ready for Iran attack, experts say

iran will just go for blitzcreek ..5th fleet gone
ohh i think its like afridi is playing a test match and harbajhan is bowling and YOU say harbajhan will ball and afridi will smash it for a six.........lol its not that easy

"War always seems easy until you are out of it"
battlefield tell the other story.....)

hmmm if you still dont tet it here..... iran has land attack cruise missles for navy nd rocket artillery and torpedose you think 5 th fleet can takes on 50 cruise on ? i highly dbout it

^ Another prime example of the kind of person an IQ test at registration would have kept out of this forum.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you are good man !!!! :rofl:.... cannot stop :rofl:.................

hmmm if you still dont tet it here..... iran has land attack cruise missles for navy nd rocket artillery and torpedose you think 5 th fleet can takes on 50 cruise on ? i highly dbout it

What if the Americans rain the military HQ of IRAN..before any counter measures they can think of ? we've seen Tomahawks doing it in Iraq..

You think Iran's navy can take the 5th fleet and win?

Well in that case, the PLAN is officially the most powerful navy in the world by a magnitude of 10.

5 th fleet is GOD YOU CANT TOUCH EM THEY EAT BABY FETUSES FOR BREAKFAST!!!! SOME ONE STOP THIS UNSTOPABLE FORCE BEFORE THEY EAT THIS WORLD FULLY !!!

OH REALLY???
CN is as weak?????????
No chinese not weak in their own waters but they lack global strike ability like USN. But USN became danger if it attack CN in chinese wateres. Because they have elephant power there,but if they came outside and attack USN,then it happens what i above said . .it my opinion. . Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom