What's new

US F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid sabre-rattling

I don't understand US policy Vis via North Korea. On one hand we had Iraq where no WMD were found, yet US did not spare a second to attack and over throw the Saddam regime. A much tougher approach is adopted w.r.t Iran who has clearly mentioned no interest in developing nuclear weapons. On the other we have North Koreans who do actually have WMD and who have threaten to use it against the US main land and yet the US chooses restraint.....why? The only missing piece of the puzzle seems to be Israel. As NK is not considered a threat to Israel while Iraq was and so is Iran.
Is protecting Israel considered above from protecting the US and its people?

Saw the clips on TV which were also followed by formation of F-16s.

'Topi drama' in my opinion.

Its all topi-drama.... US interested and everything directly related with ISRAEL "PROTECTION". If Israel under threat by any country then US will respond rest if millions of US citizen die and the attacker have no direction threat to Israel then US just bark nothing else more.

So on the name of US SECURITY .... actually US SECURITY terminology works when name "ISRAEL" in-circle.

I don't understand US policy Vis via North Korea. On one hand we had Iraq where no WMD were found, yet US did not spare a second to attack and over throw the Saddam regime. A much tougher approach is adopted w.r.t Iran who has clearly mentioned no interest in developing nuclear weapons. On the other we have North Koreans who do actually have WMD and who have threaten to use it against the US main land and yet the US chooses restraint.....why? The only missing piece of the puzzle seems to be Israel. As NK is not considered a threat to Israel while Iraq was and so is Iran.

NK is merely bluffing about being able to hit US mainland. Even if it was able to launch a few BM's, there are sufficient anti-BM warships that can be stationed in between to strike it down.

However, Israel is an important nation, and the only civilized nation between a sea of illiterate beard and kalashnikov wielding neanderthals. They need all the help they can get.

ya you're right, with Iran most of the Intel went to CIA from mossad and top Israeli leaders,..Israel won't allow any middle east country to posses nukes against them, so with its nukes Israel tells US to take care of them or there can be a all out war in middle east once again.....same strategy with Iran...but it's not sure that Iran wouldn't go for nukes...they can easily take out nk, but they're not doing it may be cause of Seoul stands infront of them...or they worried about China's or Russians intervene..

To understand it you would have to be aware of global foreign policy. I mean that in a good way and not as a taunt towards you. You would also have to come off the mind set of Israel bashing and seeing Israeli hands in everything.

THEN:

You would have to know the ground realities of a war in that peninsula
you would have to be aware of the geographic landscape in that peninsula
you would have to understand what a war means for S Korea FROM a military sense

You would also have to know the cause and effect of Iran having nuclear weapons. Their role with terror groups. That too from an unbiased view/intellectual mindset over emotional , visceral reactions i.e. Like an academic.

Its seems things getting worse... not another war...

NK is comparatively closer to America when compared with Iraq and Iran!

Its all topi-drama.... US interested and everything directly related with ISRAEL "PROTECTION". If Israel under threat by any country then US will respond rest if millions of US citizen die and the attacker have no direction threat to Israel then US just bark nothing else more.

So on the name of US SECURITY .... actually US SECURITY terminology works when name "ISRAEL" in-circle.

Ever wondered why Israel is so important?

NK is merely bluffing about being able to hit US mainland. Even if it was able to launch a few BM's, there are sufficient anti-BM warships that can be stationed in between to strike it down.

However, Israel is an important nation, and the only civilized nation between a sea of illiterate beard and kalashnikov wielding neanderthals. They need all the help they can get.

Its not about bluffing, its about making threats. When was the last time you heard Saddam saying hey we are going to hit US with Nuclear weapons or for that matter Iran yet Saddam was taken out of picture for the WMD that never really existed and Iran although announced that she is not interested in developing nuclear weapons still suffers the wrath of the US.North Korea on the other hand does all the above and mind it contrary to what many believe is actually in possession of nuclear weapons and has tested long rant rockets that can actually hit the US. So clearly US policy is all about protecting Israel above protecting the US citizens which is thought provoking.

To understand it you would have to be aware of global foreign policy. I mean that in a good way and not as a taunt towards you. You would also have to come off the mind set of Israel bashing and seeing Israeli hands in everything.

THEN:

You would have to know the ground realities of a war in that peninsula
you would have to be aware of the geographic landscape in that peninsula
you would have to understand what a war means for S Korea FROM a military sense

You would also have to know the cause and effect of Iran having nuclear weapons. Their role with terror groups. That too from an unbiased view/intellectual mindset over emotional , visceral reactions i.e. Like an academic.

I take it you know all then why not enlighten us all with your pearls of wisdom.

NK is comparatively closer to America when compared with Iraq and Iran!

Doesn't that make even more sense to worry about NK more and less about Iran which does not even possess nuclear weapons at this stage and hence my initial question?

I take it you know all then why not enlighten us all with your pearls of wisdom.

I did . I gave you several instances of research to be done. Find out the answers to the questions I proposed to you and you will be enlightened . Stick to the "I see Israel everywhere" syndrome and you are nothing but the made out of the same cloth as the ill informed ones.

I am sure you know how to Google ...

Doesn't that make even more sense to worry about NK more and less about Iran which does not even possess nuclear weapons at this stage and hence my initial question?

China is NOT backing NK as it did during early 1950's, I hope the Americans are up for action this time and neutralize them! Not sure how it will turn out!

I did . I gave you several instances of research to be done. Find out the answers to the questions I proposed to you and you will be enlightened . Stick to the "I see Israel everywhere" syndrome and you are nothing but the made out of the same cloth as the ill informed ones.

I am sure you know how to Google ...

You are too quick to form opinion about others, a weakest form of argument. You are suggesting me things to do yet fail to being anything of value to the points i have raised in my initial post. I have done my homework, its time you start yours

Good move by US. We need to let these NKoreans know that we are not going to tolerate any aggresion towards us or our allies. It's about time that they realize this before it's too late.
are you pakistani or american ...?by the way i support north korea ..they got balls to tease white baboons
NO MORE DRONE ATTACKS IN NWFP

@IceCold

A decision of war for US is directly influenced by ease and strategic value.

Invading Iraq was a good prospect both in ease and value. They didn't have any major force like China to back as well as having a foothold in Iraq was always going to help US in deciding fate of ME countries.

North korea is all together different ball game. It is backed by China and indirectly by Russia to curtail the US expansion in NE Asia.

US will certainly look forward to contain China now and has very prudently started with her allies. Pakistan might be their next target post 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom