What's new

US Drone Strikes In Pakistan

Kumar

BANNED
Reaction score
US Missiles Kill 29 In Pakistan
Pakistan: Suspected US Missiles 'Kill Al Qaeda Agents' Near Afghan Border | World News | Sky News
Suspected American missiles have killed 29 people after they slammed into two Pakistani villages close to the Afghan border, intelligence officials have claimed.

US forces in Afghanistan are thought to be mounting attacks in Pakistan
Several foreign militants were thought to be among the dead.
Washington has allegedly launched at least 17 missile strikes inside northwestern Pakistan since August.
The attacks are straining seven-year alliance with American and the nuclear-armed nation at a time of soaring violence and mounting economic problems.
The US is frustrated at what it claims to be Islamabad inaction against extremists blamed for planning attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

US drones 'are used in attacks'
There were unconfirmed reports that Iraqi al Qaeda member Abu Kasha Iraqi was killed in one of the latest strikes.
Two Pakistani intelligence officials said he had been living in the country's border region for years and was involved in organising attacks on foreign forces in neighbouring Afghanistan.
Other reports said Egyptian al Qaeda operative Abu Jihad al Masri, who has appeared in some of the terror network's videos, was killed.
The United States had offered a $1m reward for his death or capture.
Scores of foreign al Qaeda members are believed to be based in the lawless border area, which is considered a likely hiding place for Osama bin Laden.
The United States rarely confirms or denies firing the missiles - which are launched from unmanned planes.
People living in the area frequently claim civilians, sometimes women and children, are among the dead.
Pakistan has said the strikes are violations of its sovereignty and insists it is tackling the militants.
It pointed out an ongoing military offensive just north of Waziristan that has killed some 1,500 insurgents.

inhonay karna warna kuch nahe hey ye F16 etc ghar laykar janay hain apnay aur muslims ko he maarna hey ulta. aur inhonay kuch nahe karna sewaye batoon kay ....

YES

even at Musharaff Time , US didnot do this ...

Bloody STATE TERRORISM

I am sure Zardari Gallani and Sherry (Begum) will park them in their front lawns once the US takes over.

******* bastards. How long will it take for people to wake up? Once Peshawar, Quetta, Lahore and Karachi are attacked? The main cities are where most top level AQ operatives have been found, so what would the logical progression be?

******* bastards. How long will it take for people to wake up? Once Peshawar, Quetta, Lahore and Karachi are attacked? The main cities are where most top level AQ operatives have been found, so what would the logical progression be?

The government does not care, for them this is a free ride (meal ticket) cash it in for all its worth, ride the party wagon people until you can. That is how Mr 10%, Gallan Lani, Begum Rehman see this...

:hitwall:

YES

even at Musharaff Time , US didnot do this ...

Bloody STATE TERRORISM

I dont know why we have to tolerate this. if Pakistan today pulls out of this war and tells US that we will settle score with u first and then the rest, tell me what can US do ??? Can they afford a war with nuclear armed Pakistan or can they afford to 'take out' our nuclear assets. just see how one warning by the military that any physical incursion will be retaliated by fire has resulted in no more nonsense. We can stop their logistic support and tell all tribesmen including those whom we are fighting that we will sort out our issues latter lets first teach these ignorant ppl a lesson. I mean, this is outrageous and ridiculous. Also see that it is US who needs us and we should be the ones periodically sending out demand lists but amazingly when our economy is in ruins, US is of no use to us. Granted that it has become our own war for numerous reasons but does that justify such attacks ??? This war we should fight on our own terms and it should be the US who should be running around after us but unfortunately it is vice versa. Believe you me, in today's situation of america, they cant afford a venture against us let alone a full scale war in this region which american generals are smart enough to understand will be a two front war with one front facing us and formidable Taliban opponents at their back. Now, some may also say that america can utilize its new ally india against us but then what for we have been preparing since last 60 years and why we have acquired nuclear technology. If deterrent doesn't work then as last resort we dont lack the will to use these weapons, so IF WE GO DOWN, WE GO DOWN HONOURABLY AND WE TAKE MANY MORE WITH "US" :pakistan:

I dont know why we have to tolerate this. if Pakistan today pulls out of this war and tells US that we will settle score with u first and then the rest, tell me what can US do ??? Can they afford a war with nuclear armed Pakistan or can they afford to 'take out' our nuclear assets. just see how one warning by the military that any physical incursion will be retaliated by fire has resulted in no more nonsense. We can stop their logistic support and tell all tribesmen including those whom we are fighting that we will sort out our issues latter lets first teach these ignorant ppl a lesson. I mean, this is outrageous and ridiculous. Also see that it is US who needs us and we should be the ones periodically sending out demand lists but amazingly when our economy is in ruins, US is of no use to us. Granted that it has become our own war for numerous reasons but does that justify such attacks ??? This war we should fight on our own terms and it should be the US who should be running around after us but unfortunately it is vice versa. Believe you me, in today's situation of america, they cant afford a venture against us let alone a full scale war in this region which american generals are smart enough to understand will be a two front war with one front facing us and formidable Taliban opponents at their back. Now, some may also say that america can utilize its new ally india against us but then what for we have been preparing since last 60 years and why we have acquired nuclear technology. If deterrent doesn't work then as last resort we dont lack the will to use these weapons, so IF WE GO DOWN, WE GO DOWN HONOURABLY AND WE TAKE MANY MORE WITH "US" :pakistan:

Altough i understand your sentiments, i fear it is not as simple as that!

Allright then, we can discuss!!!:blah:

Lol, sorry didnt mean to offend. But lets face facts! Do you really think our leaders will rally enough courage to say NO to the Yanks?

I doubt it!

As for the public: Well lets see, no electricity, expensive fuel: Diesel, Petrol, CNG, expensive bread naan gone up to 5 rupees in some places, rising cost of living and growing economic uncertainty.

At this point, the average person is struggling to survive. As far as I am concerned I hate the present government for lacking a spine and cowardice. A day will come when we may have a leader this nation and its people deserve, until then I don’t want to hold out any hope from this present government of thief’s, frauds and charlatans.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Qaeda propaganda chief killed
Sunday, November 02, 2008

* Masri had $1m bounty on his head
* [Maulvi Nazir narrowly escapes Wana strike
* Death of Akasha not confirmed

PESHAWAR: Egyptian Al Qaeda operative Abu Jihad Al Masri described by the United States as the terror network’s propaganda chief was killed in one of the two separate US drone strikes in Pakistan’s Tribal Areas on Friday night, security officials said.

Taliban commander Maulvi Nazir narrowly escaped with a leg injury in the strike in South Waziristan, while the death of Al Qaeda finance manager Abdur Rehman Abu Akasha Al Iraqi in North Waziristan could not be confirmed.

The US has offered a one-million-dollar bounty for the death or capture of Al Masri. The US State Department’s Rewards for Justice website said that the balding Al Masri “is in charge of Al Qaeda media and propaganda. He may also be the chief of external operations for Al Qaeda”.

Pakistani officials said he was known to have moved to the Pakistani tribal belt in 2005 or 2006.

“[Maulvi Nazir] has received small bruises in his legs from the attack but he is OK now and has been shifted to a safer place,” his close aide was quoted as saying on Saturday in Wana, regional headquarters of South Waziristan.

“We just returned from the site and it was a miracle that Maulvi Nazir escaped the attack,” sources told Daily Times by telephone from Wana.

A TV channel reported Tahir Yuldashev, the leader of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, dead in the strike, but that is not probable because Nazir has been fighting Uzbeks and claims to have driven them out last year.

Nazir is seen to be very close to the Afghan Taliban and derives his strength from the Kandahar province. Wana residents had seen an increasing number of ‘people with long kameez’ in the area– a reference to Kandahar Taliban. iqbal khattak/agencies

Lol, sorry didnt mean to offend. But lets face facts! Do you really think our leaders will rally enough courage to say NO to the Yanks?

I doubt it!

As for the public: Well lets see, no electricity, expensive fuel: Diesel, Petrol, CNG, expensive bread naan gone up to 5 rupees in some places, rising cost of living and growing economic uncertainty.

At this point, the average person is struggling to survive. As far as I am concerned I hate the present government for lacking a spine and cowardice. A day will come when we may have a leader this nation and its people deserve, until then I don’t want to hold out any hope from this present government of thief’s, frauds and charlatans.

Thats precisely my point, if our political leaders can't gather the courage on their own then the military establishment should persuade them to show some spine.Saying no to Yanks will bring the yanks to come and seek reconciliation themselves.
Again, that is what is my contention that because of poor security conditions arising out of this war and political instability again thanks to Yanks, our economy is in ruins which makes it their responsibility to help us but strangely enough no one is saying it to them that 'look you brought us here, now get us out of this hole'. We have seen these conditions before, we have survived years of sanctions and otherwise we are in economic mess so why still listen to them when they themselves are in a mess. Why can't we turn to Russia and China who are looking towards opportunities to bring countries to their fold. In this game of interests, there are no permanent "Pirs and Mureeds
".:azn:

Thats precisely my point, if our political leaders can't gather the courage on their own then the military establishment should persuade them to show some spine.Saying no to Yanks will bring the yanks to come and seek reconciliation themselves.
Again, that is what is my contention that because of poor security conditions arising out of this war and political instability again thanks to Yanks, our economy is in ruins which makes it their responsibility to help us but strangely enough no one is saying it to them that 'look you brought us here, now get us out of this hole'. We have seen these conditions before, we have survived years of sanctions and otherwise we are in economic mess so why still listen to them when they themselves are in a mess. Why can't we turn to Russia and China who are looking towards opportunities to bring countries to their fold. In this game of interests, there are no permanent "Pirs and Mureeds
".:azn:

Emotions apart, the 1st item on the agenda of any country wanting to stand on its own should be to build up its economy , formalise basic institutions in running the state ( Patliament, Judiciary etc) to ensure transparency.

If a nation has to seek a loan to repay a loan how much weight will its words carry ?

Khud hi ko kar buland itna...

Back
Top Bottom