What's new

US diplomat's wife 'claims immunity and leaves UK after fatal road accident'

TechMan

Reaction score
The wife of a US diplomat reportedly claimed immunity and left the UK after being involved in a fatal road accident.

Harry Dunn died in the incident near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on August 27.

The 19-year-old was riding his motorbike when a woman emerged from the airbase on the wrong side of road and there was a head-on collision, it was reported. He later died in hospital.

Northamptonshire Police met with the suspect, who is the wife of a US diplomat and who claimed immunity, Sky News reported. The legal protection also covers dependents of diplomats.

Police applied for a waiver of the immunity to pursue the case, but their request was rejected and they were told she had left the country, the broadcaster reported, quoting Superintendent Sarah Johnson from Northamptonshire Police.

Dominic Raab, the Foreign Secretary, said he was disappointed by the US decision.

"I wish to offer my condolences to the family affected by this tragic incident," he told Sky News.

"I have called the US Ambassador to express the UK's disappointment with their decision, and to urge the Embassy to re-consider it."

Mr Dunn's family said they were "disgusted" by the outcome.

"We're disgusted, appalled, how she could be having this cloak wrapped around her," his father Tim told Sky News. "I'm angry that someone could do this and then get on a plane and go.

"We don't know how we can start to grieve for him," his mother Charlotte Charles added. "We have nothing. No justice. We have nothing to put our minds at rest that she's even remorseful."

Woody Johnson, the US ambassador to the UK, wrote to the family expressing "profound sadness" at the death, according to Sky News.

The embassy said in a statement to the broadcaster: "We express our deepest sympathies and offer condolences to the family of the deceased in the tragic August 27 traffic accident involving a vehicle driven by the spouse of a US diplomat assigned to the United Kingdom."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...fe-claims-immunity-leaves-uk-afterfatal-road/

They got her out this quick? That doesn't sound like an ordinary spouse of a diplomat. She must be ''special''.

Why is the UK asking for the culrpit to be handed over?
He cannot answer that. But from the way , American act. The diplomat wife is guilty and American will always act arrogant. American Life is precious while British can be sacrificed. American is the big brother of UK. Little brother is ok to suffer some humiliation or sacrifice for the sake of might USA.

Bring that yankee cow back to the UK to face justice.
I afraid its difficult. With UK always believe they are under threat from China and Russia and owe American a life. They believe sacrifice a few insignificant British is worth it. Too bad the death are not born influential or significant.

I afraid its difficult. With UK always believe they are under threat from China and Russia and owe American a life. They believe sacrifice a few insignificant British is worth it. Too bad the death are not born influential or significant.

After Brexit UK will essentially become a US colony, something not many people in the UK are too happy about considering they might lose out on free education, health care and unarmed cops.

After Brexit UK will essentially become a US colony, something not many people in the UK are too happy about considering they might lose out on free education, health care and unarmed cops.

They already were and still are. Not just the UK, but the vast majority of the Western world and even beyond.

You can do the math on other nations which are not a US colony. Usually the US feels very threatened by them.

They got her out this quick? That doesn't sound like an ordinary spouse of a diplomat. She must be ''special''.
Every Diplomat and CIA operative gets such treatment.

He cannot answer that. But from the way , American act. The diplomat wife is guilty and American will always act arrogant. American Life is precious while British can be sacrificed. American is the big brother of UK. Little brother is ok to suffer some humiliation or sacrifice for the sake of might USA.
For Centuries UK' Life was more valuable than rest of world so. Deal with it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom