What's new

US describes India as a responsible N-state

Lmao! Classy as always coming from a premium member. :)

India is proxy? India's foreign policy has never failed. We have good relations with Israel, Saudi Arabia, Iran, US, Russia, UK, France and even China (on face at least). In fact even Hamas has good relations with India despite India being a close ally of Israel.

The main objective for India's foreign policy is a quest for autonomy on international stage and not to be dominated by any other major power.

For example, in 2008-9 we may vote against Iran at IAEA to secure nuke deal with America and 2012 we completely ignore US and Europe's sanctions on import of Iranian oil. India does what's best for its' people. India could ask for better leadership but not a better foreign policy.

India pursuing independent foreign policy: Chinese daily - Times Of India

Even Chinese media says Indian has independant foreign policy. Forget China even Zaid Hamid a very anti-India person says India has effective and offensive foreign policy.

Obviously you know more than various diplomats, various journalists, media reports. :)

Btw, just on the side note what was Pakistan doing in US's lap till 2005-6? :) And how would you put that in better words if not call it 'a*se licking'? A proxy?

Correct i would like to add some info to ur post... Both US and USSR were the fathers of terrorism in the 90 's . USA allegedly helped OSAMA's to grow in that area. Now pretending to be "War on terrorism". Developed countries will do anything to save themselves. Including Russia and USA. Russia similarly in Chechnya

They weren't taught India's role in ruining the post-WWII U.N. system, its illicit development of nuclear weapons, or how "pacifist" Gandhi whipped up hysteria and riots and faked his own hunger strikes.

Yea I agree with you I never bought this image that is propagated in the west of him

Yea I agree with you I never bought this image that is propagated in the west of him

Its interesting that Gandhi has an open season on him for criticism.. But one word (even factual with no subjective opinion) get members banned on this forum.. So hypocrite :D

They weren't taught India's role in ruining the post-WWII U.N. system, its illicit development of nuclear weapons, or how "pacifist" Gandhi whipped up hysteria and riots and faked his own hunger strikes.

Very interesting Solomon. I hope our Indian friends view your mindset and what your nation thinks of India. If anyone else had made comments that you have made - their would be an onslaught of vibrant Indians. As its you their silence must confirm and verify your views. I by the way think your views are rather extreme.....

Again bull's eye

They didn't or couldn't teach India's role in ruining post WW2 UN system cause USA teach Bill of rights in their education. So it would have been hard to teach children that "all human are born free and with equal rights" and "why some nations given special powers and control over the world or other nations if everybody is equal" at the same time

Plus you are making some serious allegations on Mr. Gandhi. Care to give source or it's just you happen to know. Most of times of his hunger strikes he was in detention of British. So they would have just declared him liar as they did in 42 but no one in world belive them. You are attaching riots to a man who spend his life for nonviolence.

Hmm ... India had the power, in 1947, to "ruin the UN", all by itself? Does not seem credible.

If Indian nukes are "illicit", then pray whose nukes are "licit"?

I am very critical of Gandhi, but have to concede that he was extremely honest.

Go ahead and criticize him, but do so for the right reasons.

Very interesting Solomon. I hope our Indian friends view your mindset and what your nation thinks of India. If anyone else had made comments that you have made - their would be an onslaught of vibrant Indians. As its you their silence must confirm and vrify your views. I by the way think your views are rather extreme.....

i do not on this occasion I think he speaks with some reason on this occasion

Very interesting Solomon. I hope our Indian friends view your mindset and what your nation thinks of India. If anyone else had made comments that you have made - their would be an onslaught of vibrant Indians. As its you their silence must confirm and vrify your views. I by the way think your views are rather extreme.....

You should just be afraid. Because if he think this about India and Gandhi. Don't dare to ask him about Pakistan and Jinha
Open your eyes Mr. Solomon is silent not Indian. Stop bouncing

"US describes India as a responsible N-state"

How can one describe India as a "responsible state" when Indian Officials and Scientists openly label their Agni 5 missile as "China killer" ?????
It's not the officials, just the Media....
And everybody knows the about the falling quality of journalism....:tdown:
The officials rightly described it as a deterrent, which no doubt it is....

You should just be afraid. Because if he think this about India and Gandhi. Don't dare to ask him about Pakistan and Jinha

Let me enlighten you. I am fully aware of his views about Pakistan and Jinnah. This is of course off topic. Whats on topic is what the US think of India. Dont attempt to derail the thread. He has made some eye raising comments regarding your nations past. I suggest you drop the obsession for a while and dont bring Pakistan into this - that would be derailing the thread. Focus on his comments and digest them......

Again bull's eye

They didn't or couldn't teach India's role in ruining post WW2 UN system cause USA teach Bill of rights in their education. So it would have been hard to teach children that "all human are born free and with equal rights" and "why some nations given special powers and control over the world or other nations if everybody is equal" at the same time

Plus you are making some serious allegations on Mr. Gandhi. Care to give source or it's just you happen to know. Most of times of his hunger strikes he was in detention of British. So they would have just declared him liar as they did in 42 but no one in world belive them. You are attaching riots to a man who spend his life for nonviolence.

We are waiting for your answer Mr. Solomon2. Please enlighten us

It is AMUSING isn't it given the fact the Indians often claim that their country is a Superpower and now with the firing of Agni 5 , India still cannot say NO to her former colonial Master.

How is it racist to describe a white woman as a "white woman" ?
Do Black people complain when you describe them as a "Black person" ???

The Answer is NO.

Sonia Gandhi is a white Italian and there is nothing wrong with describing her as a white woman.
Yeah they do!!!
And Aryan was being racist and suggesting that India being ruled by a white is shameful...
Well Aryan, I would like to tell you that Indian Constitution allows any person to get elected and participate in the governance as long as he has been living in India for 10 years......:enjoy:

Let me enlighten you. I am fully aware of his views about Pakistan and Jinnah. This is of course off topic. Whats on topic is what the US think of India. Dont attempt to derail the thread. He has made some eye raising comments regarding your nations past. I suggest you drop the obsession for a while and dont bring Pakistan into this - that would be derailing the thread. Focus on his comments and digest them......
Hahaaha ok we will open new thread for that with Mr. Solomon2

I think it's more likely that Administration officials have been brainwashed into thinking that India is all peace and light. High schools in the U.S. talk about Gandhi as a pacifist and nationalist, you see - they don't discuss the dark side of him nor of India.

Gandhi is well respected world-wide because he was a pacifist and a humanist. There is no need to bring him into a discussion about India's status as a nuclear power. India's nuclear age has nothing to do with Gandhi. Besides, we can't help it if Pakistan seriously lacks heroes and only keeps turning out or hiding dreaded killers.

And keep dissing us all you want about white stewardesses and Italians. At least our territorial integrity isn't compromised like a certain other nation:pakistan: which continually permits drone strikes within her borders and the killing of her own civilians and soldiers by a foreign power:usflag:. I'm sure the intelligent Pakistani does recognize and admit to the flaws in his country unlike the few trolls we get over here who seem more content on talking about neighboring India and Gandhi.:hitwall::hitwall:

Not really. Both India and Pakistan are tied together in many ways, common history for a long time, bitter neighbors for 6 decades and for both countries, the other party is always a major issue. Comparisons are natural and I don't see why we can't discuss Pakistan and Jinnah when an unrelated Gandhi is now in the picture as well. UNLESS of course, u simply like throwing garbage and don't particularly enjoy listening to counter-criticisms of your country (to which u usually don't have an answer other than 'stop trolling'), which definitely seems to be the case.

I don't think that's the reason. Blind love of 1960s leftists for "Third-World pacifism" probably was.

Plus you are making some serious allegations on Mr. Gandhi. Care to give source or it's just you happen to know.
Churchill cites the faked hunger strikes and whipped-up rioting in his memoir of WWII. It's convenient to blame the British for misreporting but I haven't seen evidence that that is what happened.

Back
Top Bottom