What's new

US describes India as a responsible N-state

as many of them had legal experience in matters of international law and were familiar with the concept of competing equities.

Mr. Solomon. You have to understand something about Indian political leadership in the aftermath of independence. It was living in utopian dreams of equality justice and social/international harmony. I dont know if you are a native American or naturalised however unlike the US war of independence Indian freedom struggle was largely led by passive resistance by Gandhi (whom you have been deriding for the past few posts) in a way in direct contrast to lets say George Washington. The weakening of the Brits as the pre-eminent power in the aftermath of WWII and the near bankruptcy of it's economy with more and more reliance on US (inclusive of the pegging of the currency to US dollar instead of the Sterling) was a writing on the wall for all to see.

The US positioned itself as the leader of the democratic free world (a role it affected in order to check the spread of Communism). Hence with the leverage the US had and the state of affairs of UK at the time (which was further underscored by the US positioning opposing the joint UK-French-Israeli occupation of Suez in 1956) left UK in doubt about what it had to do when US conveyed that colonies were no more an option.

Additionally the cost of occupying India (with the mass civil disobedience already in 3rd decade of its actions) was proportionally high for a cash strapped and almost bankrupt UK. You think UK would have ever left India otherwise?

And as you so rightly pointed out the political class of India at the time was mainly UK trained and very well versed with international laws and every action of theirs was in consonance with UN (a fact underscored by Nehru's taking up the J&K matter wth UN inspite of extensive military gains by India in early 1948 and the then Army staff & Home Minister professing continuation of military offensives till clearing all of J&K and also breaking Pakistan to reintegrate the territories: a fact which had been advocated by Mahatma Gandhi in recently declassified letters).

So it was very well within the ambit of existing international laws and treaties that it was carried out.

However Op Vijay (Liberation of Goa) neither had support nor opposition of either the US or Soviets unlike what you have said. The fact that India was a recognised NAM leader member a bloc which both the US and USSR were wooing served to ensure that. Infact in 1965 it was threat of action by UN (read both US and Soviets) which forced India to agree to ceasefire talks. Blaming Gen JN Chaudhary the then COAS of India for suggesting lack of war stocks is all bull made up for saving the govt from political ramifications of the actions taken.

Everyone said at the time it was from CIRUS, that's why Indira pretended "Smiling Buddha" was for "peaceful" purposes. Can you offer proofs to back up your claims?

There are lot of things which are not on public domain for particular reasons. That being a fact I hope you were able to read the 2002 appreciation of Indian Nuclear Programme presented to US Senate. In addition if you go through the salient aspects of Indo-US Nuclear Deal you shall get a fair bit of idea that India has only allowed 30% of its nuclear installations to come under IAEA and nuclear safeguards. The bulk are outside the ambit of the same.

In addition our Fast Breeder Reactors (incidentally a home grown tech) are the main components for production of Weapons grade Uranium and Plutonium as applicable.

As for backing up the claims. Its for others to prove India diverted the fuel from Tarapur to conduct the tests. I again repeat we have Uranium mining here and processing facilities of the same for military use are separate.

However what you have said about CIRUS is all heresay I repeat and I quote

The CIRUS reactor has been the subject of controversy between the United
States and India for much of its life. The United States supplied heavy water, which
was not subject to a safeguards agreement, under a 1956 contract in which India
pledged to use the material for peaceful purposes only. Yet this reactor reportedly
produced the plutonium used in India’s 1974 peaceful nuclear explosion. Many
nonproliferation experts maintain that India violated its 1956 contract with Canada
as well as its contract with the United States. Most recently, according to answers
to questions for the record submitted by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on
November 2, 2005, the State Department notes that:
At the time, the debate on whether India had violated the contract was
inconclusive owing to the uncertainty as to whether U.S.-supplied heavy water
contributed to the production of the plutonium used for the 1974 device and the
lack of a mutual understanding of scope of the 1956 contract language on
“peaceful purposes.”

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...ajiFKb&sig=AHIEtbQjU4lDDCDjMdIaT5Cz7KwbhE-U6g

Now let me remind you. Your public worships an white Italian air hostess. Your leaders prostate themselves in front of her and have pics taken so public will approve.

You see you are sycophantic proxies that have an insecurity complex. That's why you make an ideal proxy for west. That is why you get the odd pat on the bottom or head.

Nothing you do or say about Pakistan will change that. Now burn and jump and jump and get excited.

Consistency in your ravings. Must hand it to you. Be thankful that people of India have that kind of thoughts otherwise your forefathers would not have been accepted to come to India and their successors and your immediate ancestors would never have got the chance to divide a perfectly harmonious nation on lines of religion and get the lands that never belonged to you as a nation. Be thankful and for gods sake get treated!!!

Much like how you guys invaded Hyderabad and annexed it by force against the will of the leader of that territory under the excuse that the people of Hyderabad wanted to be a part of india.

There was a subtle difference. Indians invaded in open view via Op Polo by first building up its forces in Secundrabad and then going in. However your Op Gulmarg was typical subterfuge that is characteristic of Pakistani internation obligations. After signing a Standstill Agreement with the Maharaja of J&K (to allow J&K to remain outside of Pakistan and India) you first cut off the road link of Srinagar wth Rawalpindi by blocking convoys of essential commodities at Kohala and then launched offenses in proxy!!!

Atleast be men at it. Always hiding and hitting. Acts of cowards!!!

It is AMUSING isn't it given the fact the Indians often claim that their country is a Superpower and now with the firing of Agni 5 , India still cannot say NO to her former colonial Master.

How is it racist to describe a white woman as a "white woman" ?
Do Black people complain when you describe them as a "Black person" ???

The Answer is NO.

Sonia Gandhi is a white Italian and there is nothing wrong with describing her as a white woman.

when you cant give good defending points to prove how india is not a responsible state, I can seeing what level you people can go to derail a discussion.
Kudos to you and your thinking.

P.S: Dont try your expert language skills in South Africa or US , these arent good for your health.

May be USA thinks that's the responsible thing to do. Media can call it anything. Show me which official or scientist openly said it ??? Don't brain fart it.
By the way media say a lot about Pak. Are you gona belive that too ???

Ofcourse they believe the media & its stand about pakistan , thats way they are trying to drag india to their level to avoid lonely feeling :yahoo:

Yes we all remember what George Bush once said : "If you are not with us then you must be with the Terrorists". LOL

Good Quote by Bush, Hope You remember to which country it was pointed to ??
No prize for guesses it was for Pakistan.

His ancestral land is in West Indies man.

Dear Friend
Let them show what quality they have.After 240 posts in this forum , do u still think these people know what they are talking about???
They have mastered the art of skipping truth & making such BS to detrack the discussions.

Elect her it dont make any difference to me. If you are happy to be ruled ny a white Italian air hostess thats fine by me mate
She may have been an Italian waitress 20 years ago, but now she is the leader of the most powerful party in India and the 9th most powerful person in the world.....
Indians believe that anyone with the cabability can be a worthy leader.....

Much like how you guys invaded Hyderabad and annexed it by force against the will of the leader of that territory under the excuse that the people of Hyderabad wanted to be a part of india.
We did that the same way you did with Balochistan.....
The Balochs wanted to join India, but due to obvious strategic reasons Pakistan did not allow it, and even Nehru didn't accept their plea...
But when it came to Hyderabad, instead of repaying the favour the pakistani govt sought to make it a part of Pakistan....
If THAT isn't hypocrisy I wonder what is.....

If India is a responsible state like Uncle SAM described then why does India REFUSE to sign the NPT ??????????
Cause you have to have nukes before 1968 to join it....or you have to dismantle them on joining
Even though US considers India responsible, still no state will support any other state having nukes if they have a clear choice.....

If India is a responsible state like Uncle SAM described then why does India REFUSE to sign the NPT ??????????
Because right from 1948 when Indian Nuclear program started India has professed complete ban on nuclear weapons. NPT is a discriminatory treaty that allows 'recognised' powers to have nuclear weapons. Either no one gets them or all are free to do so.

As for why India is responsible its simple. We have not allowed nuclear tech for weaponisation to be given to anyone from our country unlike Pakistan. Period.

Hafizz

Uncle sam said india is resonsible SO your question should be directed at them I THINK

If India is a responsible state like Uncle SAM described then why does India REFUSE to sign the NPT ??????????Original Post By Hafizzz

Cos its discriminatory....
LOL Indians are such COMEDIANS !!!

lol..what was that??how did u link it up with the post you relied to in italic??? lofl...do u think u r a fool or u r acting like a fool??
well calling us comedian didnt hurt me, i really liked it....but the context was wrong..

Back
Top Bottom