What's new

US Denies Transfer of Critical Technology and F-16 Fighter Production in India

The difference between SAAB and LM is that SAAB has AESA fighter radar competence, and has offered ToT on a GaN AESA radar for Gripen.

LM buys the SABR GaAs AESA radar from Grumman and assembles it into the F-16V.
LM cannot provide ToT on a Grumman product.

There are other critical electronics in Gripen, like the EW unit where ToT can be offered,
and LM can not.
i agree that if india wants ToT than gripen might be a better choice, but potential of ToT in f-16 is far more than gripen because all tech companies providing for f-16 can be manipulated by US congress but gripen can do nothing to persuade the sub contractors
when it comes to TOT if USA pushes for it and if there is enough incentive all of the subcontractor can provide ToT including Grumman, GE etc
e.g the same Grumman is providing ToT to turkey and was working with pakistan on saber2

Tata was the one which made agreement for LM f-16. Not Pakistani. Why signing and agreement when you are not even interested. ??????? We didn't popularize it you Indians did. When no F-16 then its bad but when America says F-16 yes then it becomes gud. Atleast stick to one point. We openly say F-16 is a gud fighter and better then Rafeal.

i agree that if india wants ToT than gripen might be a better choice, but potential of ToT in f-16 is far more than gripen because all tech companies providing for f-16 can be manipulated by US congress but gripen can do nothing to persuade the sub contractors
when it comes to TOT if USA pushes for it and if there is enough incentive all of the subcontractor can provide ToT including Grumman, GE etc
e.g the same Grumman is providing ToT to turkey and was working with pakistan on saber2

I doubt that the US Congress can order a company to ship its secrets abroad.
They have to convince the company that it is in their interest.

PAF was denied spares in 1990s as was india but times have changed, i dont expect this happening again
f-16 are still available but not subsidized but since when were they ever subsided before? answer is never

USA offered subsidized as they knew PAF is not going to pay full price for fighter for which it can get 3x jf-17s, yes if they are priced at thunder price than ok. and that was the deal
Well irrespective of whether they agreed to offer you the jets or not, they still did cut the subsidy on F-16s either due to lobbying by another country or some other reason. In your case it was subsidy, in our case it maybe similar if terms aren't good with them. What if they cut down the supply of spares or critical components or use some kinda kill switches so that we don't counter their allies. I'm not even sure if they would allow us to install our indigenous systems like how the Israelis did. Now that they backed off from ToT and local manufacturing, I can see what may come in future from these Yankees. These are some of the reasons which are enough to convince GoI to back off from this deal.

I doubt that the US Congress can order a company to ship its secrets abroad.
They have to convince the company that it is in their interest.

Under Trump, India will have to buy F-16 off the shelf. If Saab hold firm, India will not able to have their made in India initiative. India need to start creating their own aircraft instead of begging others to move their assembly line there.

Oops, India did failed miserably with Tejas. No wonder they lack confidence to create anything themselves.

Indians love to talk like they are some super race....."They have to SUBMIT"..seriously..how much critical technologies have u gained from SU30 mki...u just assemble them n nothing more..n every indian knows it...why russia hasn't given u the blue prints and everything while u are assembling the plane for over a decade??
So stop boastin like u r a master and the world is slave to u..in reality, opposite is true

I cannot help you if you do not comprehend the simple meaning of the word submit.

When you write an application for some government permit, you SUBMIT all documents to the government authorities of that country.

Why do you always read between the lines?

The Indian Defense Minister confirmed that the United States has refused to transfer F-16V technologies to India under the "Made in India" framework.

He stressed that the United States refused to transfer complex technologies such as the AESA radar and its target Pod, jamming devices and IRST.

The United States also refused to transfer the same technology to South Korea for its K-FX ghost fighter program.

This confirms that the United States will not transfer an F-16 assembly line to India.

Tof-Ita, today at 20:23

Under Trump, India will have to buy F-16 off the shelf. If Saab hold firm, India will not able to have their made in India initiative. India need to start creating their own aircraft instead of begging others to move their assembly line there.

Oops, India did failed miserably with Tejas. No wonder they lack confidence to create anything themselves.

SAAB already offers ToT, local production and codevelopment of Gripen F to Brazil.
It is not a big deal to do the same and more with India.
Your posting is just a waste of everyones bandwidth, but You probably knew that.

India is just a lackey of USA, whether feed bones to the dogs is master call.

Definitely USA looks down on its lackey.

India: can I have a bone called F16 because I send troops in Doklang to mess with China?

USA: no, you can't. Which bone I give to you is not up to you.

Stupid Indians.

India is just a lackey of USA, whether feed bones to the dogs is master call.

Definitely USA looks down on its lackey.

India: can I have a bone called F16 because I send troops in Doklang to mess with China?

USA: no, you can't. Which bone I give to you is not up to you.

Stupid Indians.
but but Muh War Muh Dokhlam, You can move mountains but not PLA.

SAAB already offers ToT, local production and codevelopment of Gripen F to Brazil.
It is not a big deal to do the same and more with India.
Your posting is just a waste of everyones bandwidth, but You probably knew that.
The chance of SAAB hit the jackpot is increasing, still we have to wait USA's attitude.

but but Muh War Muh Dokhlam, You can move mountains but not PLA.
You can't even design a decent toilet, not to mention fighter jet.

The chance of SAAB hit the jackpot is increasing, still we have to wait USA's attitude.

You can't even design a decent toilet, not to mention fighter jet.
not necessary, SAAB deal will completely depend on whther USA will give a go ahead for critical technologies used in Gripen

not necessary, SAAB deal will completely depend on whther USA will give a go ahead for critical technologies used in Gripen

The US has already approved selling the GE F-414 to India, which is an indication.
Thus it is fair to assume that the US is not going to block a Gripen sale.
Neither U.K., nor Italy has any reason to block India as well.

Leonardo is not overly popular in India (in the freezer), but that is India's decision.
SAAB can replace the radar, but not the IRST.

Back
Top Bottom