What's new

US Congress may prohibit spending on Pak F-16s to keep India happy

mr Rajkumar.. I do not think that your avatar is correct. The movie was barbaric and highly offensive about Islam. Do you want to change it or do I have to ask the moderators?

Munir, "300 The Movie" has nothing to do with Islam. The Battle of Thermopylae took place in 480 BC, 1200 years before Islam. However, it was offensive to the Persians (I know quite a few who did not like the film). But then again, the movie is historical fiction, nobody should watch it for a history lesson.

On another note, this thread is turning too nasty. If this continues, the moderators would be forced to take action. We all know about the water crisis between India and Pakistan. It is mostly because India still feels negatively about the way Pakistan (mainly Punjab) has most of the river area, which is a valid reason to be ticked off. However, India has tried, too many times, to divert water or store it, leaving Pakistan not only without drinking water, but also without hydroelectric potential. There are joint commissions that have been formed to resolve these issues, but unfortunately, they are heavily influenced by politics.

India, at the moment, is on an all out rampage to discredit and disgrace Pakistan, refusing peace talks and purposely enhancing water issues, which is just adding to current tensions. I think that once the elections in India are over, their politicians will resume sensical behaviour and try to make peace, but for now, Indian politicians are just doing what politicians everywhere do best, whine and complain.

We all know about the water crisis between India and Pakistan. It is mostly because India still feels negatively about the way Pakistan (mainly Punjab) has most of the river area, which is a valid reason to be ticked off. However, India has tried, too many times, to divert water or store it, leaving Pakistan not only without drinking water, but also without hydroelectric potential. There are joint commissions that have been formed to resolve these issues, but unfortunately, they are heavily influenced by politics.

India, at the moment, is on an all out rampage to discredit and disgrace Pakistan, refusing peace talks and purposely enhancing water issues, which is just adding to current tensions. I think that once the elections in India are over, their politicians will resume sensical behaviour and try to make peace, but for now, Indian politicians are just doing what politicians everywhere do best, whine and complain.
What if their politicians do not resume sensical behaviour? Could the PAF end up arming their jets to go demolish some dams? A pretty good reason for the above politicians to be concerned about PAF getting more high tech F-16s and weaponry to arm them with.

Last edited:
The water dispute is very sensitive . Some politicians have predicted war btw two natiopns over this dispute.

Yeah 3rd world war will be on water, and pakistan would be a reason for that!!

And if India stops water, then i m sure people of pakistan will ask PAF for sugical strikes!!

Yeah 3rd world war will be on water, and pakistan would be a reason for that!!

And if India stops water, then i m sure people of pakistan will ask PAF for sugical strikes!!

the water issue is of great importance but this is not the right place for it hope you understand

:cheers:

ok little boys come back to the topic or let's just not waste bandwith and i am telling u every indian who wants 2 take this into a india pakistan fight go look up on google and u will get alot of forums to say ur crap but for now stick to topic both indians and pakistanis please!! for the sake of this forum it is repected let's make sure we don't screw it

The F-16's are very important in the short term i.e. next 1-4 years
after that not so much.

For counter insergency Pakistan can use JF-17's for ground attack and the remaining A-5's too

Pakistan urgently needs as many helicopters as it can get its hands on.
so maybe it would be better to ditch the F-16 - but thats a hard call
as right now we have really only the F-16s and F-7pg as our best defenders

this government is really weak and Pakistani's in general need a wake up call from the denial that the terrorists are a real threat - I've just spent 6 months in Pakistan btw

its gonna take a few years but getting the JF-17 factory up and running and getting those exports going is the prioity

that'll generate some cash and Pakistan needs to get self helpable asap
next would be to get going on a deal to licence build some jet engines too

then the F16 problem willa be a thing of the past

Good Point Corzair.

F16s Today easily the best war plane in PAF.

in 5 YEARS TIME not so vital with J10 arriving...

you are right sir, also this is the very good news for pakistan because , it will going to open a proper induction of J10s in PAF , well i guss its about time that , pakistan should stop looking at F16s & should come out from this emotional nounsense, which was used against them a decade long.;):agree:

I would bet that the congressmen so concerned about this are the ones with Boeing plants in their states.

The $10 billion MMCRA deal is the biggest there will be in a loooong time and Boeing needs this badly to keep assembly lines open.

still pakistan airforce did not got their f 16 from us i heared we had 4 last year how many PAF asked them in 2005 please tell me how many F 16 PAF asked to us to hand over paf in 2005

Back
Top Bottom