What's new

US Congress may prohibit spending on Pak F-16s to keep India happy

"US Congress may prohibit spending on Pak F-16s to keep India happy"

Wonder why everyone in the world (expect Pakistan of course!) wants to keep India happy?

By the way I couldn't spot anything to do with India in the article.

America plans to deliver Pakistan with the new Pratt and Whitney next generation F100 Engines for our F-16's in 2010. Production has already started. Moral of the story? Support from America will keep coming in no matter what this current Administration thinks. The American's cant exactly lose their most important strategic ally that soon. Trolls like "Godsavetheworld" are hell bent on believing that we've been using the American aid to build up our military to keep India at bay.

Yes, if only it was that easy to "CON" a superpower out of its foreign policy funds, every other country in the world would be purchasing block 50/52's from America in the name of WOT.

The F100-PW-229 EEP incorporates groundbreaking technology developed for the F135 and F119 propulsion systems, the world's only fifth-generation fighter jet engines. The F100-229 EEP will provide advanced, dependable power for F-16 and F-15 aircraft around the world. In response to strong customer demand, the first engines will begin delivery of the new configuration in October of this year.

Initially, 74 F100-PW-229 EEP engines have been ordered, with the first delivery set for Republic of Korea. Additional deliveries will be headed to Morocco and Pakistan in early 2010.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/defence-industry-technology/24353-f100-pw-229-eep-engines-pakistan-2010-a.html

Last edited:
"US Congress may prohibit spending on Pak F-16s to keep India happy"

Wonder why everyone in the world (expect Pakistan of course!) wants to keep India happy?

By the way I couldn't spot anything to do with India in the article.

Not everyone! That would be the biggest lie and deception I've heard in a long while. We all know in reality how much of a democracy India really is. No one is dumb or blind. Only the Americans need India on their side as a stooge or a lapdog (as you wish) to counter the so-called threat posed by China. That's the only reason. Don't you for one minute think that the Americans are pleasing you as a free service. It isn't free lunch I'm afraid. The nuclear deal, trade etc. are a bribe. The Indians are going to pay an extremely heavy price. The US will eventually rip India into pieces when their service isn't required any more. In fact, India is a long term threat to the US just like China. I hope the truth isn't bitter. India only serves one purpose. They don't love you... LOL

Last edited:
Not everyone! That would be the biggest lie and deception I've heard in a long while. We all know in reality how much of a democracy India really is. No is dumb or blind. Only the Americans need the Indians on their side as a stooge or a lapdog (as you wish) to counter the so-called threat posed by China. That's the only reason. Don't you for one minute think that the Americans are doing pleasing you as a free service. The Indians are going to pay an extremely heavy price. I hope the truth isn't bitter.

No LOL we love the bitter stuff:cheers:. Keep em comin!

Last edited:
Absolutely, alliances are being forged and the landscape of politics is changing. Better chose whose side we are on.

While you're correct you must also see that money at the end is the largest motivating factor.

Appeasing a potential paying customer vs subsidizing another more trouble one makes sense especially in this economic climate where media focus is on wasteful spending. Before you'd at least have the inertia from the contractors itself on your side but now they already know the grass is greener on the other side.

The republican in me can only dream of BHO vetoing his own bloated budget.
a1516f8659b9a417d11feec793791a1c.gif

Last edited:
First of all, the 18 F16 block 52 that everyone seems to be talking about is payed by Pakistan's money so they will be delivered. The MLU program is paid by US, that is i believe subject to scrutinity. Getting back to reality, we need the Americans and the Americans need us. There cannot be a secure and stable Afghanistan without Pakistan's support, and we need America's help to defeat these bastard terrorists. The only problem is that Pakistan has suffered more from this war on terror than it was actually paid. It just amazes me why dont our politicans dont shove this fact on the face of many reporters and American politicans who always bring up the $10 billion dollar aid. If this Obama administration is serious about this war on terror, it has to help the government in stabilizing the economy and providing more military assistance. But as usual the Americans want results without putting any effort. Our politicans are simply to incompetant that they cant simply even make a proper case regarding this war on terror in the West.

Without American Aid Pakistan would be left with a defense budget of approx $6 billion

About the same in FOREX.

Without American Aid for Pakistan Economy where will the Growth come from. ???

OBAMA wants results on WOT and will scrutinise every thing in SWAT.

He will use as they say CARROT & STICK

Support us you get F16s apaches MISSLES etc.

No Support = no heavey equipoment and plenty of pressure.

PS. i DON,T THINK USA gives a damn wat India thinks

Actually she does, and for three major reasons:

1. As other posters have mentioned it, US needs India not for India's love but to counter the Chinese threat. In 1962, US was indeed very near to send its bombers to support India against China (recently de-classified info).

2. US's arm manufacturers are eager to sell their stuff to India. India with its current economy is a lucrative market for American arms. And US's economy relies significantly on arms export.

3. India being a supporter of American neo-imperialistic philosophy and foreign policies, and being a very close friend of Israel, is a natural ally for the US. Pakistan was never and will never be a trusted US ally for more than one reason.

maverick2009;343430]Without American Aid Pakistan would be left with a defense budget of approx $6 billion

you see Most of this Aids money goes to buy Civilian and military leadership.We actually grew much better during the sanctions and in the long term its will pay us and having Aids only mean one thing and thats O growth and more Reliance so i am all for AMericans Taking away there AIDS.

About the same in FOREX.
Once the incentive is gone for corrupt Installed idiots better people will come forward and we will get out of this mess as we were put in this mess by corrupt idiots to begin with.

Without American Aid for Pakistan Economy where will the Growth come from. ???
We have 160million people our factories hardly produce enough to supply local population never mind exporting it.
OBAMA wants results on WOT and will scrutinise every thing in SWAT.
if he wants results he will have to Take care of indians first as they are spreading most terrorisum in that part of the world.

He will use as they say CARROT & STICK
without us they cant gain any grounds in afghanistan so i think we Have a bigger stick.

Support us you get F16s apaches MISSLES etc.
You forget mate we cut our order of F16s didnt increase it
No Support = no heavey equipoment and plenty of pressure.
What heavy equipment ?
Democats always favour India

ANd i will be quite happy if Americans withhold there Aids

Too bad you have only the China side left. My sympathies are with you:pop:

You're sorely mistaken Indian. You're totally oblivious of the facts. Everyone needs Pakistan. Especially if we're talking about the WoT. Heck, you Indians desperately need us for an efficient and cheap trade route with CAS/ME which btw you're never going to get. The world needs Pakistan because we are a strategically located country. The Americans need Pakistani territory because they want access to CAS/ME. Europe needs Pakistan because they also need an easy and most efficient route to CAS/ME. Get your facts straight Indian. Pakistan contains territories that are known as the “String of Pearls”. That's how important and significant we are. Yes, our ally China will benefit from these strategically located areas and the Indians are going to weep.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom