What's new

US Congress may prohibit spending on Pak F-16s to keep India happy

You're sorely mistaken Indian. You're totally oblivious of the facts. Everyone needs Pakistan. Especially if we're talking about the WoT. Heck, you Indians desperately need us for an efficient and cheap trade route with CAS/ME which btw you're never going to get. The world needs Pakistan because we are a strategically located country. The Americans need Pakistani territory because they want access to CAS/ME. Europe needs Pakistan because they also need an easy and most efficient route to CAS/ME. Get your facts straight Indian. Pakistan contains territories that are known as the “String of Pearls”. That's how important and significant we are. Yes, our ally China will benefit from these strategically located areas and the Indians are going to weep.

every country is strategically located wrt some other...
and being located on some 'silk route' you think you hold prominence when the whole global trade takes place in the high seas?
the somalian pirates hold more significance than that!

Funny that out neighbours reply with empty oneliners... Without wasting much time on answering stupid questions... My 2 cents...

1. The US can not afford to let Pakistan being a bigger victim of terror (Afghanistan and India) then it is now. They will create 160 million more opponents that will fight a lot harder then they are used to have. And at this moment the US military is overstretched and probably, just like the financial crises, on the brink of breakdown. India might be intresting as a market but the Indians are more game players then real high tech market. It is not the Bollywood style but the Slumdog style India that is real...

2. If the US makes more mistakes like the carrots in the past then it will mean they will make Pakistan independent and China more active in the area... The past showed that nations that are barred from technology are able to develop it on their own. Pakistan has been a victim for decades (even the americans say that and are promoting longterm freindship) and it resulted in a lot of technology improvements that lead us to weapons like Babur and Ra'ad. The reality is that US weapons are nice as an extra but no longer a need. Everything we buy from the west has its eastern co-production. Whether it is Erieye-ZK10 or F16-JF17/FC20... It does hardly make us sleep less. Being used to enemies like India we can handle it now even better...

India thinks that is is power and developed... There is hardly anything 100% Indian. There is hardly an real good Indian product that can be used as a weapon... That does not go for Pakistan.

OK screaming skull....please let's not get down 2 ur cheap tactics....and can we not try taking cheap shots at each other i know sometimes all of us like to but guys please this is not bharat rakshak...and i personally hope that we never get the F-16s so that we can finally stop trying to get american stuff and look other places for our defence needs!!

Munir. From your statement can we assume YOU TOO like alot of fellow board members feel that USA aid and F16s re no longer needed.

That China can forfill all and any gaps that USA reducing support to Pakistan may leave.

" One thing i have realised even the UK where i live is a puppet to USA"

The Americans love to blackmail nations into supporting their own political or military goals.

Eg Britains futile war in AFGHANISTAN WOT. etc.

i WONDER HOW INDIA will deal with USA if they start pushing them into a corner eg. reduce your relationship with RUSSIA or Iran etc.

will india play poodle like UK or be strong and independent Like THE FRENCH.

I LOVE THE FRENCH

Munir. From your statement can we assume YOU TOO like alot of fellow board members feel that USA aid and F16s re no longer needed.

That China can forfill all and any gaps that USA reducing support to Pakistan may leave.

" One thing i have realised even the UK where i live is a puppet to USA"

The Americans love to blackmail nations into supporting their own political or military goals.

Eg Britains futile war in AFGHANISTAN WOT. etc.

i WONDER HOW INDIA will deal with USA if they start pushing them into a corner eg. reduce your relationship with RUSSIA or Iran etc.

will india play poodle like UK or be strong and independent Like THE FRENCH.

I LOVE THE FRENCH

Our ex ACM said... The F16 are a bonus and nice to have. If you can explain others how we felt when US ***** us more then once (follow up Peace Gate order - Spare parts issues) then you will know that we do not rely on them anymore. Even the latest block would be a cheap toy if SEF15/JSF/F22/Rafale/Eurofighter/latest Russians will be out to buy... I do not think that the US delivers the top tech. It already started playing eith DRFM... It did not deliver C7... (Amraam). It did not deliver AIM9X... And so you can see that by lowering the batch from 36 (which was expected to go to above 75) to 18 and not making much haste with MLU you can probably make your own conclusions.

The hint is... If we still need those planes then we would not have JF17 and surely would not go for J10B... There is nothing extra to the Block52 besides some handy tools we will buy soon from China. In tough times the US wil use the same trick. We wil shift to non US weapons. I honesly think that J10B will be offering more then block52 will.

So let me change it... Do you actually think we desperately need those block52?

US needs us more than they need India . Its their natural and strategik requirement that they cannot afford to have bad ties with Pakistan .

I can say without any dought that right now if PAK Army stops all the ops in tribal belt the American forces would not stand a chance to survive in Afghanistan and they will endup sweetning the Aid for us .

The situation in Afghanistan is extreemly volatile for the US as its left with no choice exept to support Pakistan economically and milletarily. India has to swallow this bitter pil .

Rit now Nato has refused to send more troops to Afghanistan, Its the last year of Canadian Forces in Afghanistan .And the forces in Afghanistan Depend upon very volatile supply routes.

So pressure is mounting on US . And Under these cicumstances is it feasable for US congress to prohibit spending on Pak F-16s just to make India Happy ?
Probabally not.

The Aid has be stopped once this taliban insurgency is finished.If we keep getting aid then the politicans will not think about the economy but if aid is stopped they will get off their ***** and do something.If America wnats to donate it should donate like China buid factories in Pakistan so it helps Pakistan Economy.

I dont like French as Nicolos Sarkozy is a jew and he indirectly pushed Israel to bomb GAZA

But they always helped us, in our defence needs etc, and i think france is the most sincere friend of pakistan from europe!!

But they always helped us, in our defence needs etc, and i think france is the most sincere friend of pakistan from europe!!
French govt sell weapon who has money, they are least bother about UN and its sanction. Just like they are selling Rafale to Libya.
Plus, Pakistan will get F16, American govt would not make same mistake again. If this time they put sanction and doesn't allow the delivery of planes, then that would totally damage the trust, which been built after long time. Not only this Pakistan has no choice to increase the number of FC20 from 40 to 60 or 70...

French govt sell weapon who has money, they are least bother about UN and its sanction. Just like they are selling Rafale to Libya.
Plus, Pakistan will get F16, American govt would not make same mistake again. If this time they put sanction and doesn't allow the delivery of planes, then that would totally damage the trust, which been built after long time. Not only this Pakistan has no choice to increase the number of FC20 from 40 to 60 or 70...

Hear, Hear. The frogs couldn't careless about the cause as long as you can pay.

Hear, Hear. The frogs couldn't careless about the cause as long as you can pay.
Well, BAE has open ground, its time for them to compete with French weapon manufacturer. Market is open, countries has enemies and money both. All need is little situation exploitation, for that west has lobby. Built the case and sell it.

"US Congress may prohibit spending on Pak F-16s to keep India happy"

Wonder why everyone in the world (expect Pakistan of course!) wants to keep India happy?

By the way I couldn't spot anything to do with India in the article.

there is someone who make india unhappy after karakram high way thats chaina. big baby more more cry after MMRCA done when jet makers will fly every day to pakistan.its just few months more then pakistan have to select REFALE EURO FIGHTER GRIPPEN J-11B its our miny MRCA no blk52 better we get some better then blck52 .:partay:

mr Rajkumar.. I do not think that your avatar is correct. The movie was barbaric and highly offensive about Islam. Do you want to change it or do I have to ask the moderators?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom