What's new

US Chinooks over Karachi Today

Position today:

1630673400586.png
1630673416187.png

1630673446117.png

1630673474345.png

Last edited:
Kati Pahari has a famous karhai restaurant that needs checking out.

Nazim ka Abaad looks like Mars.

Kati Pahari (Split Mountain) was not always Split! We could see it from our home's rooftop in North Nazimabad and once an English language / sub-titled Pakistani major movie was released--something like 'Beyond the Last Mountain' and, lo and behold, there was a huge white writing on the mountain, visible from miles away saying 'Beyond the Last Mountains'. That was in the 1970s. Some Pirzada actor played the male protagonist.

Memories!!

Kati Pahari (Split Mountain) was not always Split! We could see it from our home's rooftop in North Nazimabad and once an English language / sub-titled Pakistani major movie was released--something like 'Beyond the Last Mountain' and, lo and behold, there was a huge white writing on the mountain, visible from miles away saying 'Beyond the Last Mountains'. That was in the 1970s. Some Pirzada actor played the male protagonist.

Memories!!

Help the millions stuck beyond the hill. They live in abject condition and have no voice while being cut off by territorial lines drawn by political thugs.

She has the right to refuse such a visit. But the fact that consular access was granted when Pakistan requested it proves her citizenship.

Now can we please get back to the topic of Chinooks over Karachi?
Dual citizenship. She has dual citizenship through birthright. Now let's go back

Dual citizenship. She has dual citizenship through birthright. Now let's go back

Incorrect. She is NOT a US citizen. She is a Pakistani citizen. She was never naturalized when she had a green card as the process requires.

I wonder if she rode a Chinook from Karachi to Bagram after she was apprehended by Pakistani agencies on the streets of Karachi?

The future of your relationship depends about 75% on your neighbor's "pull" in the US (outside of needs during a conflict when interest align).

There is still a LOT of behind the scene cooperation going on between America and Pakistan and I certainly see it continue going forward. Currently, it is politically not good for either America or Pakistan to highlight the cooperation between the two, especially about the crucial Pakistani help in getting America out of Afghanistan and for the evacuation process. More coopertion is coming up for sure about intelligence-sharing with specific goals and more evacuations. So gone may be the embraces which happened in three distinct periods (50s-60s, 80s, 2000s) and that's for the better for both but now the cooperation is limited and with limited gain for both countries. As for the influence of the Indian lobby in America, it is not quite to the level of the Israel Lobby where there is a veto on any American policy against Israel. But Indians are making rapid in-roads, sometimes working with the Israel Lobby to Pakistan's detriment.

There is still a LOT of behind the scene cooperation going on between America and Pakistan and I certainly see it continue going forward
yes why don't you make up stories about these chinook hunting down Karachi shura as final icing on the brilliant victory over Afghanistan.
Pakistani law? No idea.

She was convicted according to American law, yes.

American law on Pakistani soil?

There is still a LOT of behind the scene cooperation going on between America and Pakistan and I certainly see it continue going forward. Currently, it is politically not good for either America or Pakistan to highlight the cooperation between the two, especially about the crucial Pakistani help in getting America out of Afghanistan and for the evacuation process. More coopertion is coming up for sure about intelligence-sharing with specific goals and more evacuations. So gone may be the embraces which happened in three distinct periods (50s-60s, 80s, 2000s) and that's for the better for both but now the cooperation is limited and with limited gain for both countries. As for the influence of the Indian lobby in America, it is not quite to the level of the Israel Lobby where there is a veto on any American policy against Israel. But Indians are making rapid in-roads, sometimes working with the Israel Lobby to Pakistan's detriment.

The Indian lobby can try all it wants. USA will do whatever serves its national interests, as we can see with the continued channels of co-operation with Pakistan. As I have said all along, I am sure both countries will find a suitable path forward that serve both sides' national interest as well as possible.
American law on Pakistani soil?

No idea. Ask those who apprehended her in Karachi and handed her over.

Back
Top Bottom