What's new

US: “China bans purchase of US-made aircraft”. China holds a quarter of Boeing orders

The biggest problem in the USA is that trump has played all the cards he can play. So Biden lacks bargaining chips with China.
China doesn't buy American planes. What can the USA do? Increase tariffs?

Just ban few Chinese airlines citing safety or compliance issues in the US and Europe, and they will fall in line quickly
EU does not want to toe the American trade policy with respect to China. I'm beginning to suspect that this was the reason behind Trump's frustration with the EU countries.

Also, a ban on Chinese airlines is a type of move that you can only expect in war type relationship. At best, it will lead to a pyrrhic victory.

As if China can't ban Europe or american airliner into China?

Haven't the saga of meng wangshou teaches u something? You kidnapped her and we double the effort by capturing 2 Canadian. End up , US can't do anything to China and release her.

Since u think u r so smart, Biden must have regret never hire u as consultant. :rofl:

These headless indian are just making a clown of themselves. Let them entertain themselves with their stupid comment.
Meng was just a medium to convey the message... What happened to Huawei should act as a warning to any Chinese organization

EU does not want to toe the American trade policy with respect to China. I'm beginning to suspect that this was the reason behind Trump's frustration with the EU countries.

Also, a ban on Chinese airlines is a type of move that you can only expect in war type relationship. At best, it will lead to a pyrrhic victory.
How it

Blocking Boeing in Chinese market will be similar to banning Chinese Airlines... By the way, Chinese domestic narrow body aircrafts are few years behind getting commercially available

Blocking Boeing in Chinese market will be similar to banning Chinese Airlines... By the way, Chinese domestic narrow body aircrafts are few years behind getting commercially available
Your info are outdated, End of year 2021,C919 will be handed over first batch to customers for service!

Just ban few Chinese airlines citing safety or compliance issues in the US and Europe, and they will fall in line quickly

If US bans Chinese airlines then China bans US airlines. Two can play at the banning game.
What happened to Huawei should act as a warning to any Chinese organization

Huawei is nobody when it comes to smartphones. Xiaomi and Motorola / Lenovo are way better in smartphone than Huawei.

A great indicator to invest in EADS stock.

Trade war, or China likes to promote her own C 919 jetliners in domestic market.

e9ce29fe-c72d-4907-b8f3-b0ec1a88a7ff.jpg
Does it look like the C-919 will start operating soon? Also are these prices realistic?

I see that with the lingering effects of the Boeing 737 Max safety issues, China doesn’t want to tarnish its image on safety from the start, so it’s going slow and making sure the planes are safe, but if not this year when do you think these planes will be in commercial operation?

What do Chinese people feel about traveling on these new planes; safety wise? I hope questions don’t come across as sounding “too harsh” because I genuinely hope these planes are as safe as other producers, so it opens up more opportunities for more operators and more people around the world; ex. Ryan Air wants to operate these years, so sooner or later we all will be flying on these planes once they clear safety regulators, because the world has come to expect the same standards for high end Chinese products as any other producer, as it should.

While the list price has not been revealed, analysts expect it to be around $50 million. That is over 50% less than Boeing's 737-800 and Airbus' A320neo, which are about $106 million and $111 million, respectively, as of 2021.​

Last edited:
US: “China bans purchase of US-made aircraft”. China holds a quarter of Boeing orders
Alfred Airaldii September 29, 2021

China does not allow US airlines to buy billions of dollars worth of aircraft. U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo made the accusation. According to him, Beijing did not honor promises to buy US goods as part of the 2020 trade deal. The deal was signed with a previous administration led by Donald Trump.

According to Raymondo, the Chinese must abide by the treaties. “Chinese airlines want to buy billions of dollars worth of aircraft, but the Chinese government is blocking it,” he said.
Dave Calhoun, president of US aircraft manufacturer Boeing, called on the United States in March to separate human rights and other disputes from trade relations with Beijing. “You can’t disconnect us from that market,” he said at the time.

Boeing last week raised its forecast for aircraft demand from China for the next 20 years. In doing so, the group relies on rapid economic recovery in the country after the crisis, the future growth of price fighters and the advancement of e-commerce. According to Boeing, Chinese airlines will need 8,700 new aircraft by 2040. Based on list prices, these would be worth about $ 1.5 trillion or about $ 1.3 trillion. China holds a quarter of Boeing orders.

China to America .... "Like it or not, bear with it my beauty"

China to America .... "Like it or not, bear with it my beauty"

More like we need the US 737 Max pronto

Trade war, or China likes to promote her own C 919 jetliners in domestic market.

e9ce29fe-c72d-4907-b8f3-b0ec1a88a7ff.jpg
I inspected the full flight simulator for this aircraft. Upper cockpit exactly like the A320, they swapped the GROUND EXT POWER and APU GEN pushbuttons. The throttle quadrant and center pedestal consoles are almost a copy of a Boeing 737, with no stab trim wheels, due to side stick config. The panel displays are the same as the C-Series or A220, I suspect that is something to do with their partnership with Bombardier.

As the representatives put it, it was a major work in progress. This was about 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom