What's new

US backs India-Iran Chabahar port deal as it outflanks China-Pakistan Gwadar project

Why are the Chinese building CPEC? Surely, not for their health?

And Pakistan will do what exactly to stop India? Nothing.

well ok if you think Govt Of Afghanistan is mayor office of Kabul and who are you to stop india in Afghanistan are you saying Afgan Taliban takes its orders from Govt /Security establishment Of pakistan ? Do Ypou Sir Know what you just said and then there are people who ask why Avrage Afghan or Afghan Govt dont trust Pakistan or why USA treats Pakistan they way it does .... think about it ..... cheers mate :tup:

You have played your cards trying to stop CPEC.....from threatening China (LOL) to funding terror in Pakistan killing our children and soldiers using Afghanistan....all your bets failed...CPEC is up and running.

The onus is now on you to pull of your trade to Central Asia through Afghanistan...now we do what we have to secure our interests.

As I said good luck trying to reach Kabul through Southern Afghanistan ;)

Chahbahar will succeed because of Industrial development in and around Chabahar port

Every port needs a industrial Hinterland to be successful

Iran's economy will see massive investments in near future and Chahbahar will help
in imports and exports of Iran and also transit towards Afghanistan and Central Asia

Last edited:
CPEC is mainly aimed at Chinese-African Chinese-Middleast trade.
Your Chabahar will not be used by most middle eastern countries because they are anti-iranian. (The
largest middle east economies are anti-iranian)

Saudi Arabia wants CPEC's extension to Red Sea, Africa

New railway tracks planned under CPEC: report(to transport freight to china)

lol why would india use chahbahar to trade with middle east we have arabian sea to trade directly and those who say Afghanistan is unstable please look map if needed central asia can be linked by bypassing Afghanistan

You have played your cards trying to stop CPEC.....from threatening China (LOL) to funding terror in Pakistan killing our children and soldiers using Afghanistan....all your bets failed...CPEC is up and running.

The onus is now on you to pull of your trade to Central Asia through Afghanistan...now we do what we have to secure our interests.

As I said good luck trying to reach Kabul through Southern Afghanistan ;)

Like there was ever a chance CPEC would stop because of Indian protests. Even India knows that, but still you must protest. After all, perception is everything.

The ultimate goal of Chabahar is to connect with CARs and looking at a map, India doesn't need Afghanistan in order to do that, but it will pursue it. And why not?

Like there was ever a chance CPEC would stop because of Indian protests. Even India knows that, but still you must protest. After all, perception is everything.

The ultimate goal of Chabahar is to connect with CARs and looking at a map, India doesn't need Afghanistan in order to do that, but it will pursue it. And why not?

No neighbouring central Asian state even has good ties with Iran .. And for the CARs the closest & only deep sea port with 200 planned berths is Gwadar ..

an objective analysis at least in my eyes.

CPEC is largely unaffected, CAR and Afghan exports via Gwader are minimal compared to potential Chinese exports to Pakistan and beyond.

Less than 10% of Chinese investments are Gwader related, $35 billion , roughly 70% are power related, then we have Lahore metro etc.

Indian trade via Charbahar is more related to them getting cheap Iranian gas to a local fertiliser plant, if they get the gas at the price they suggest will save $7 billion, so $500 million is insignificant , but the price may be wishful thinking.

We lose some leverage being the only route to/from Afghanistan, but will Iran allow NATO supplies for example is another matter.

We need to remember China already has a rail route to Iran skirting Afghanistan, India uses the North South corridor via Bander Abbas to Europe.

I can't post links, being a relative newbi but Google, Prague summer school oil Pakistan China,and you will see research shows pumping oil via Pakistan to the heartland of Chinese industry will cost $10 a barrel versus $2 by ship to Shanghai. Hopefully a comrade will post the link.

Finally can I pull up a respondent who calls India, Afghanistan and Iran third world countries , so where are we ? If anything Iran is a middle income country streets ahead at least economically of its neighbours.

I read a report that americans are worried about chabahar port, especially Indo-Iranian cooperation might extend to defense sector.

Yes there was this report about concerns by US senators. I think you are talking about that

Krgystan and Tajikistan are closer to the Pakistani border as compared to Iran.

Anyways our main concern is preventing Bharat getting a foothold in Afghanistan.

No neighbouring central Asian state even has good ties with Iran .. And for the CARs the closest & only deep sea port with 200 planned berths is Gwadar ..

Anything can happen, of course, but I see the CARs using both Gwadar and Chabahar. Better to rely on multiple routes rather than one.

i wonder how india will deal with Afghanistan coz in 15 provinces Talibans are largely in control and securing a trade route in a wild and ridged areas of Afghanistan how come it would b easy? and beside that their own coastal trade routs are pretty much under the grasp of Pakistan which could keep bunging. on the other hand Arabs are very annoyed with this project which mean even if this project materialized it will not be fruit full

PakHuman9.jpg

Chabahar port success depends upon peace process in Afghanistan and which is nearly not possible with in decade. On other hand security position in Pakistan is far better then Afghanistan. I don't know what makes India to invest in chabahar port.As far as i understand is military motive other then that its not seems to be beneficial.

The revolutionary guards (who actual call the shots) are actually pretty suspicious of india they have some divergent interests and areas of friction for example the seizure of weapons going to Houthi militants in Yemen. Don't think they'd allow indian mil presence in Chahbahar when it would invite rage of China which Iran can't afford.

i wonder how india will deal with Afghanistan coz in 15 provinces Talibans are largely in control and securing a trade route in a wild and ridged areas of Afghanistan how come it would b easy? and beside that their own coastal trade routs are pretty much under the grasp of Pakistan which could keep bunging. on the other hand Arabs are very annoyed with this project which mean even if this project materialized it will not be fruit full

PakHuman9.jpg
First we dont need Afghanistan to access central asia
thediplomat_2015-05-04_05-25-53-386x290.jpg

And second you cant stop your ships through you EEZ because its EEZ not territorial waters .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom